It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coincidence with Reiki or what???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So i just started reading about Reiki for beginners at our public library in Seymour, Indiana. The Weird thing about it though and why I say its a coincidence is because although I have never read about Reiki or anything similar before I now realize that in my past whenever I had a stomach ache for example or any other problem, I would sort of rub my hands over the area back and forth and it would feel better after awhile of doing that, and recently when my nose was congested I moved my hand across my face and down my throat and I could feel the congestion leaving as I did that. Also, pretty much every time I felt bad I would put my hands over that area and it would feel better eventually. Do you think this was a pre-incarnate sort of happening? Just Coincidence? ( I doubt ) Or some kind of knowing which was unconscious on my part? I think its quite amazing really, Also yesterday after I had read it, I was walking home and decided to kick some brownish/blackish ice.... not a good idea, that stuff is rock hard i guess? I'm not used to it snowing, I'm from Florida. So it did obviously hurt my foot and I decided to try some Reiki, I then placed my foot between both of my hands and attempted to heal it and WHAT DO YOU KNOW? It felt better! This can't be a placebo effect either because like I said I have done this in the past more times then i can count for no logical reason and it helped, I never acknowledged that it helped in my past either, I just sort of always did it.

Any thoughts?

In love and light.

=)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
According to Reiki practitioners (full disclosure - I am an Usui Reiki Master) you can only channel Reiki energy following an attunement at which time the Reiki symbols are implanted in your energy field and which opens you up and allows you channel Reiki energy. However that is not to say that you cannot channel healing energy, which it sounds to me like you did. A friend of mine is very sensative to various energies and once a number of us were channeling energy to him for a healing, both Reiki and non-Reiki energy. He could tell which of us were sending him Reiki. According to him it has a slightly different feel from simple healing energy. Not better or anythiing, just different. If from your reading, Reiki sounds like an energy system that appeals to you, find a certified Reiki master and teacher, do the training and get the attunements. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Reiki is similar to qigong and yoga. Check out these amazing healings from qigong --

www.springforestqigong.com...

reply to post by 4stral4pprentice

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LibertyLover
According to Reiki practitioners (full disclosure - I am an Usui Reiki Master) you can only channel Reiki energy following an attunement at which time the Reiki symbols are implanted in your energy field and which opens you up and allows you channel Reiki energy. However that is not to say that you cannot channel healing energy, which it sounds to me like you did. A friend of mine is very sensative to various energies and once a number of us were channeling energy to him for a healing, both Reiki and non-Reiki energy. He could tell which of us were sending him Reiki. According to him it has a slightly different feel from simple healing energy. Not better or anythiing, just different. If from your reading, Reiki sounds like an energy system that appeals to you, find a certified Reiki master and teacher, do the training and get the attunements. Good luck.

If you need attunements to perform Reiki then how was it ever possible for anyone? It seems illogical.

top topics

join