It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams of devstating tornados,floods,storms etc

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I m not sure where to put this post. I tried to put it in the dreams and predictions forum but now it is closed.
I had another vivid dream of storms,tonados and an earthquake. There was huge hail and I was in a bank building. I knew we were not safe there so we ran to a wharehous building. The ground was shaking I am not sure if it was an earth quake or due to the torando. I saw everything so vividly I saw the hole open up in the wall. When I was in the dream I did not think of going underneath this huge desk but when I woke up I thought of that. The weird thing is I have these dreams all the time a good percentage come true within 6 months of the dream.
Has anyone else had these experiences? Does it mean there will be a lot more diasters or is this just my subconcious brain?
This is the reason I am name dream seeker and what lead me to sites like this. I know many of had 9-11 dreams and I had one that was almost an exact match to what I saw on tv months later. Sometimes I am given instructions in my dreams or even predictions. For example a voice will say this will happen in so many days. A weird thing is that I don't think that most of the dreams are supposed to happen to me but somewhere in the world. Back in september I had a dream or martial law and an area shut down do to a diaster.
I keep having these dreams for a reason but I am not sure what to with the information.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Keep posting them here. I love reading people's predictions/dreams.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

I dream of storms with tornadoes, wind, lightning, hail, quite often, but rarely do I actually experience the storm itself in "waking life". The storms tend to be metaphorical for me and the location from the dream turns up during tumultuous periods of my personal life or while the world is going through some serious stuff.

One thing, however, is flooding.. been dreaming of that for years - many recurring dreams of it. Some of the scenes are unfolding over the past few years and I'll catch a news clip or photo of somewhere I was trying to navigate in floodwaters suddenly flooded. Never know "where" it is on a map or anything - only experience being there trying to drive through the waters or what have you.

Always enjoy reading such when posted by others so please, do share anything that comes up, then follow up when/if the dream presents in waking life...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingdog

Well dreams can be either predictive in nature or pyschological in nature. Not all dreams should be taken at face value. I usually know when a dream is prophetic and when it is not. Last night I dreamt of the world's tallest man. This dream is not psychological in nature so maybe it is prophetic. Maybe it is just an idea for a story coming to me in a dream.
There is also a third type of dream I have which is inspirational where I have a dream for a story idea.
One of those examples is about a girl who never existed. She is only a memory to those who were closest to her. I had a dream about this and turned into a really cool little twilight zone story. In my dream the opening scene is of a man from a different time asking for Elizabeth Smitinson; the girl who never existed. He is paniced saying he has lost his daughter. Of course the staff is puzzled and this leads to search to find the girl. They end up finding her but much older. What happened was the girl was walking with her father and slips into a time warp. This was all in one dream sequence.
I love my dreams it helps me write but at times they scare me.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
There was another thread similar to this, in which I posted my dreams.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
And here is my post in there.
I have had a lot of uncannily accurate precognitive dreams, and it runs in my family. These past 12 & 1/2 months or so, I was having several dreams involving the same theme with different scenes. The same theme is massive flooding just like NewOrleans. The last dream I had, I was watching large multi story apartment and office buildings being removed off their foundations and traveling with the raging water. I predict that terrible events are yet to come, in regards to flooding like with Hurrican Katrina. I don't recall when this "last dream" was, it was about a couple months ago, thereabouts. The dream I had before that one, water was outside up to my apartment window, when I lived on the second floor. I have since moved to the 5th floor, for reasons of neighbor noise. I live near the Missisippi river.

That thread was short lived, and I noticed that this one too, was descending downward and away, out-of-sight-out-of-mind.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

I love this kind of stuff. In your post you explained we all part of the collective conciousness that explains so many 9-11 dreams prior to the event.
I had a 9-11 dream if only I would have posted it somewhere I am not sure if it would have saved lives but at least it would have given validity to propehtic dreams.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I had a dream prior to 9-11, but the world prior to 9-11 was a very different planet. No Patriot Act, no wars-of-aggression, no Dark National Security State. So It --never-- occurred to me, to even begin to think of reporting this dream to anyone, to me, at that time, it was a bad nightmare which did not make a lot of sense to me. In this dream I was standing outside in front of this tall skyscraper (like the TradeTower) but it was at night. This building was massively on-fire. Then it fell down but strait over, like pushing over a rectangle box. And I was standing there looking up at this thing while it was coming down onto me. Then I woke up. Pretty horrible. This was about a few days or so, before the real apocalyptic day that changed the world.
edit on 8-2-2011 by simone50m because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Very true. I find mine deviate wildly, some times dreaming of flying and just enjoying that feeling while other times it's a horrific or draining experience like navigating through flood waters, attempting to cross a ruined bridge in the midst of a major storm or even being pummeled by large hailstones as I run from tornadoes. The more horrific or draining it feels, the more I expect to see the location from the dream in the near future.

One other kind of dream I've had, many instances recurring, is related to astronomical phenomena. One really spectacular dream I had was back in 2002 or so. I was standing in a parking lot and looking at Jupiter, the Moon and the Earth, all enormous, hanging on the horizon. They were like 5 times the size of a full moon rising and set against a light blue sky. There was a little girl standing beside me and I said to her "the earth-shine is awfully bright tonight". Those dreams leave me with a feeling like something is about to burst through from the subconscious, though I can't quite get it to the surface, and seem VITALLY important.

Another thing is those flashes just before you fall asleep - just quick images of things with no story.. I've connected those to events in the past: when I see spiders, there's something involving a lot of people dieing in the next few days that makes headlines. Never any specifics, but it happens before almost anything that makes front-page news involving more than a few deaths.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingdog

Thank you for sharing I would love to hear more of your experiences. If you have any others just post on here. I have dreamed of flying and when I wake up I feel like I miss flying. My first thought after flying is why can't I fly anymore. In those dreams flying is natural.
My dreams usually follow a natural progression that makes sense. My dreams seem like something out of reality or a sci fi movie. I rarely get the dreams where it is so biazzare you know you are dreaming. They still scare me because I have so many dreams of diasters.
Well actually these are fourth type of dream I have talking to past loved ones. In this dream it is so peaceful I am sitting down with my grandmother and we talk. Sometimes she warns me of things but most of the times it is catching up. She says she is happy but misses us. She tells me death is not the final word and their is a very peaceful existance afterwords. She tells me she does not mind that I am a lesbian and wants me to be happy. She says that there is no punishment if you are a good person just peace.
edit on 8-2-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

You are not the only one. I have been having dreams about tidal waves, flooding, etc since last year. In my dreams, it feels like I am getting the answer to how a lot of devastation will happen. I had one dream that showed a new land after the flood, when the water went down and the sun was shining. It felt like a new beginning.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
this is all new to me, juss started today, came across this on google and made an account. So growing up ive had nightmares about Tornadoes and me alwasy trying to hide form them cuz i dont not enojoy them one bit. Helpme out. with a website or something.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by realitycheckin

I am actually a psychology major; dreams can have different meanings. As I have said before I have 4 different types of dreams; prophetic, dreams with subconcious meanings, communication dreams with people who have passed on and inspirational dreams.
Your dream of tornados could either be prophetic or sub concious. A dream could be about your moods or feelings. Tornado dreams could mean you are confused or anxious. It could also mean a tornado is immeint. What you need to do is think about what is going on in your life. Is it topsy turvy? What is the season and weather patterns like.
Do you watch a lot of diaster movies or news/weather. You will be the only one to truly know what a dream means.
Do some research on dreams via the web any type of pyschology or science web site would provide you with some answers.
Also start keepin a dream journal and if the dream comes true make an indication.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Wanted to drop a line in here - specifically because I've had several dreams, some including spiders, again lately (one very prominent one just this morning)

I had a spider dream sometime last week, but it wasn't very prominent...didn't really stick, but did mention it to a friend in normal conversation.. This did precede the japan earthquake, though I wont try to make any "claim to prediction" because I failed to write it down and generally just forgot it happened.

Yesterday, I had a very vivid and surreal dream in which I was viewing a map, trying to find "safe locations". The map was of the midwest/heartland area, specifically southern michigan/wisconsin down through illinois/indiana/ohio - oddly, the map was changed/mislabeled with north carolina and south carolina, east to west respectively, in place of illinois/indiana/ohio..michigan and wisconsin were in their correct positions and labeled correctly.

On the map, there were earthquake magnitudes labeled - mostly in the 5 range, some 6s scattered around, plus one 7.0 or 7.2 located to the south and east of lake michigan. In the dream, this area was "north carolina" and was nearby a city that began with the letter 'C'. Reviewing a google map, the location would actually correlate to the fort wayne area of indiana

As I viewed the map in the dream, seeking a "safe location", I was looking for areas on the east side of hills, located near water but not too close, high enough to avoid flooding and some distance from the labeled quakes. I focused in on an area in "south carolina" nearby a river - location on google maps correlates to peoria, illinois. In the dream I was thinking that it looked logically like a good location, but I had a "bad feeling" about it and didn't trust it.

I take the dream to have a slightly literal predictive meaning - that both north/south carolina and the illinois/indiana/ohio area will experience earthquakes, perhaps simultaneously. I'm unsure if the 7.0/7.2 is an isolated event or if one happens in both areas.

Anyway, flash-forward to this morning - I had a very prominent occurrence of the spider dreams... still have the heeby-jeebies honestly. This one sticks out among the others I've had for the amount of detail I saw of the spider. The spider was very large - small body with incredibly long and slender legs. It was black and white, with a barred patterning, and almost iridescent. The body was actually somewhat furry or feathery, and there were two small fluffs of feather on the abdomen that reminded me of the feathers commonly found on "dreamcatchers". The spread of the legs on it must have been about 8" - maybe larger - with a body size of probably 1" or less - truly a beautiful spider.

As I said before, I seem to have these types of spider dreams just days before major headlines about catastrophic type events with loss of life. I have no idea if the two dreams are related, nor if the earthquake dream will even pan out (I have a bad track record as far as storm dreams becoming literal realities - those tend towards more metaphorical for me - and I have no prior experience with earthquake related dreams)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I had a few tornado dreams of my own growing up.... I recall how magnificent a intricate the clouds looked as they formed into the funnel..... I remember just standing in the door way looking through the glass door watching this #ing huge tornado seemingly grow larger and larger..... not so much coming towards me...... just growing from where it began. Those and my dreams of sharks really make me feel strained in the dreams..... not like meh zombie dreams.... those i'm used to.... and i've never had one where I gotten massacred yet XD....... but the large funnels of destruction just leave me feeling dread as I awaken. Being glad i'm not actually facing such an unstoppable force.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I have the same thing happen. The first one was a couple of days before Christmas a few years ago. I was on an Island and I was running all over looking for my son because a huge wave was coming in. A couple days later was the Tsunami in Indonesia.

I had a dream about a devastating earthquake. I woke up and Japan was on the news. I have had several more too. Just last night I dreamt that a weird storm (foggy/smokey looking) was going to happen somewhere in the world. My gut tells me Europe... We will see....

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Abelanger

And this is what happened a week later! It's my dream coming true!

www.huffingtonpost.com...

top topics

join