It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global homeostasis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
So what happened to global "warming"? Seems like all the talk is about how friggin cold we all are!
Personally I thought last summer was pretty darn hot here in new York. But now, we have scientists claiming we are underway for a new "mini" ice age!

The way I see it: I look at the earth as a living thing. essentially I look at the universe as a larger living organism but that's besides the point.
Many living things are capable of "homeostasis"-"The ability or tendency of an organism or cell to maintain internal equilibrium by adjusting its physiological processes."

when a human's body is invaded by bacteria, the reaction that may occure is a rise in body temperature. In return, the body has natural defense mechanisms to cool, and prevent itself from overheating. We sweat.

Now looking at the earth as a living organism, I can draw a conclusion that it is capable of homeostasis, and this cold state we are in is the earth doing it's best to lower the high temperature that foreign invaders, "bacteria",us humans have caused.

That is not to say that the earth can't become very ill. A deadly virus can take hold and really do some damage. And that deadly virus is the large corperations that do very little in the benefit of our mother earth. You can do your part to. Become a helpful bacteria, just like your body has it's own. Don't become a virus.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by sgrrsh26]

join