It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Is($) God?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
i find your post self expression;

while god is a concept that is further a commodity to people of whom god is a concept; the originator of the concept of there being one god, unifying all prior temples under the worship of present conceptions of god, is very far from your concept of a changing god and an original idea of a singular force.

while as a man i enjoyed parts of your post; like about admiring what you choose to about the opposite sex: i fail to notice means or ways that this admiration is a "hack". maybe you can expound on some prior to your infusion of this aforementioned word.

since people are always indifferent to god their god is always changing; is this a correct assumption?

but to ask where someones god is is blasphemous to people who hold a true faith of their being a unified god pertaining all the prior temples of worship.a well since people have their own god only they know "its" location.thus the folly of worshiping god in the context of god awareness in present day.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarrsAttax
Yes I agree with Aceofclubs.

There's a difference between looking and leering. Wolf-whistles and bawdy comments are inappropriate but I challenge any straight man not to check out that area when they see a woman. If you're honest I think you'd admit it's almost impossible not to find your eyes drawn to certain areas. Or maybe I'm just a crazy perv

You're right though that there are subtle body language cues that people use to acknowledge assent - I was being slightly flippant there.

BTW I've been with my partner for 19 years, and married for the last 8.

Regarding your first point in the OP personally I find that when I think hard and try to define the meaning of God I'm actually left with nothing at all. E.g. the concepts of Trinity or Transubstantiation where God 'is' three people or bread actually 'becomes' Christ's flesh. What does it mean when someone says 'Yes the bread is still made of bread but it actually 'is' Christ's flesh!' What is the definition of 'is' when something can be two things (or three)? It's like saying 'yes 2+2=4 but really 2+2=5'.

What 'is' God? A spirit? Well what 'is' a spirit.

God 'is' the Universe?

God 'is' Love?

What 'is' the Universe?

What 'is' Love?

Darned if I know.

Hail Eris

Nope, I wouldn't say a perv at all! I'd say the design of this thing, is such that we are allowed the selfish indulgences so long as they are not at the expense of the person we are stealing the gratification from. Most women who wear slinky clothing, know what they're doing when they do it, so it's only us men who drool at them when we perceive them to be not looking, who are kidding themselves. Women dress according to their mood, as far as I understand it. I'm a guy tho, who can say for sure. Women maybe!

I think I am getting better at discipling myself away from those younger man ideas of just out of habit staring at all the parts that please me. It's amazing how much is to be learned just from looking into a woman's eyes, and thanks to a little help from Freud(wink wink), with everyday that passes, I remember more and more, to "hit those eyes", before checking for the other indicators. That's just me, whatever! I could probably learn a lot about women from a guy who has been with the same one for 19 years!

I understand what you're saying about "God" talk, and again, I would have to say, this is just a frame of reference point, for people who still need that line of thought process to elevate themselves into actually having some kind of relationship to that thing, than just kneeling and standing, hymning and singing.

I have serious issues with any religion that blames women for the current condition of man affairs. Looking around the world, I don't remember the last time a man let a woman have a say unless it was *that night* if you follow my meaning(lolz). Not judging of course, just observing the "free trade" nature of personal relationships and how they are usually mechanized into stimulation of some kind.

"God" merely represents the thing that came before the egg and the chicken. You can call it whatever you want, so long as you understand, something came before both. Why we don't understand what that thing was, could indicate a little about why we're here in the first place. Maybe, to find out more about it!

But, you don't get those "expansion packs" unless you've gotten the "original platform" of the game. This might explain why the world seems to be so ugly, to so many "people of faith".

Anyone who knows a little about how magic, mind control, and the properties of light beams work, can begin to understand, that if you read a book that predicts a bunch of people being fooled into being stupid during the end times, where a lot of people will claim to be the savior of all, and you'll have a one world economy, headed by a one world medical system, and inter-governmental body of politic, and enough people ACTUALLY BELIEVE this story, than, one way or another, that's exactly what is going to manifest. In one form or another! It's called OSMOSIS. I understand Christianity is the world's largest religion now. Honestly, I don't see it lasting much longer. They still can't figure out how to keep the bad seeds out of the pants of children. Not to mention, they still blame a woman for their own decision making processes.

Screw them! Short another moron come judgement day! Good! As Bill mighta, and did kinda say!

Try not to let people's serious tendencies to lean into and onto labels and tight little boxes cramp your style! They need the crutch, clearly from the way you write, you only need yours when talking to others! Stay positive, things are changing! You will find as the weeks progress, the dulling in a lot of minds right now, will finally begin to lift, and you'll find it hard to stay on top of your friends lists!

PEACE!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
i find your post self expression;

while god is a concept that is further a commodity to people of whom god is a concept; the originator of the concept of there being one god, unifying all prior temples under the worship of present conceptions of god, is very far from your concept of a changing god and an original idea of a singular force.

while as a man i enjoyed parts of your post; like about admiring what you choose to about the opposite sex: i fail to notice means or ways that this admiration is a "hack". maybe you can expound on some prior to your infusion of this aforementioned word.

since people are always indifferent to god their god is always changing; is this a correct assumption?

but to ask where someones god is is blasphemous to people who hold a true faith of their being a unified god pertaining all the prior temples of worship.a well since people have their own god only they know "its" location.thus the folly of worshiping god in the context of god awareness in present day.

well you're right, partly I see God in the dollar sign, hard not to when they write things like "In God We Trust" on the money!

By hack, i simply mean, at any given time, the "God-Force" has the ability to compromise the security of an individuals mindset by becoming more pervasive to the mindset. We feel extreme versions of this "anomaly" in the emotions of love and or hate.

During fits of extremes of these emotions, we are compelled by seeming lunatic cravings, to have those things we either desire to be fed upon, or those fears we are weakened by, starved. "God" is a "hacker" in the techno-industrial modern society of the ever-swimming NOW in time.

I don't fully credit the creation thing to a singular force at this point in my journey, I use "female generative force" as a rough reference point, firstly because it comforts me to imagine it thusly(me and the birth dad just never saw eye to eye so to speak), but more importantly, because in my "God-less heathen" life before the "intervention", I was looking for a man to come into my life and save me. Maybe it was me, maybe it was my Dad, maybe some literary substitute obscuring a deeper meaning, who knew. I didn't. I was only compelled through Love and Fear, to seek it out on a more personal level.

"Lucky Me" as the song goes...

"since people are always indifferent to god their god is always changing; is this a correct assumption?"

this is the best way i've heard it explained so far actually, so, yes, thank you for your gifts of brevity, clarity, and simplicity~~!

I hope this helped to clarify any misunderstandings, and of course, welcome the opportunity to elaborate on any points that may be stumping people. I get as much out of it as you guys and gals do, believe me!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by EnemyCombatant74

Wow and another one...I'm sorry man but weeks ago i had a guy telling me the same thing, the "hack" that God uses and it's real. I kind of figured there was this "WiFi God" and at times people would say a thing(s) to me and i would go "what?" But i understood them by what they meant and say to myself "How they know?" or "who is he/she?"

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by adkchamp

Wow and another one...I'm sorry man but weeks ago i had a guy telling me the same thing, the "hack" that God uses and it's real. I kind of figured there was this "WiFi God" and at times people would say a thing(s) to me and i would go "what?" But i understood them by what they meant and say to myself "How they know?" or "who is he/she?"

all i mean is that for some people, steeped in religious verse, they will need some sort of grounding mechanism, to understand what is going to be happening to them when the proverbial crap hits the apocalypse fan!

the most drastic measure we'd like to see people take during this transition period, would be to turn off the tv for awhile, clean the house, and if you have to break something, forget the bad luck thing, and break some mirrors!

I personally side with you especially when it comes to the WII or whatever ya call it. But again, how do you explain us having the ability to converse about topics having to with where we come from to begin with?

You are still imagining "God" in the "thought form~shape" of a human like being. "God" transcends the need for a body, unless it's time to hit some virgin up and get another Sun going of course.!

I jest, but, yea, i'm not trying to sell God, I suppose i'm trying to sell better treatment of women first!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

i agree

Today everything is about money. Money right now is God to many eyes because we all need it to survive. But that's wrong to put something above a human being in terms of what's important. And it blinds some to see "truth" in others' eyes...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by adkchamp

i agree

Today everything is about money. Money right now is God to many eyes because we all need it to survive. But that's wrong to put something above a human being in terms of what's important. And it blinds some to see "truth" in others' eyes...

indeed! and if you don't mind my saying, very nicely said!

edit note: for some reason Haiti comes to mind...huh!

[edit on 14/1/2010 by EnemyCombatant74]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join