It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go ahead and destroy us - we will be back.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
You go to bed at night, and the day you just lived is gone forever. All that you loved that day disappears in a sense, and the next day you fall in love all over again with the "new" you, the "new" loved ones, etc. It isnt sorrowful. It isnt really sad. Its what we do.

Well said

In Greek mythology the comparison is made between death and dream; dream (Hypnos) is death's (Thanatos) twin brother. I think this is suggesting that every night we go sleep, in a sense we'll die and reborn in the morning.

Well, that can't be taken literally, but it certainly generates some intriguing ideas.

Most - if not all - of the cells we had when we were born are now gone. The cycle of the cell renewal by some sources are said to be around 7 years. But there seems to be some parts (most probably in brains) that have existed throughout the lifetime? I can still remember things from my childhood, things that I haven't consciously thought in many, many years. Maybe some of the cells in brain are capable to 'copy their content' to the new cells, so that it appears to us that we have continuum in our character?

-v

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Also, I would like to make the remark related to the causality. When considering the possibility that every effect is a result of cause(s), it becomes theoretically possible to know the future. I prefer to use word 'know' rather than 'predict'.

But since the complexity of causality is often beyond our comprehension, it is only a theoretical chance so far. Many of the 'weak signals' that could reveal the future for us, surpass (or rather are not picked up by) our wake consciousness. But sometimes our subconsciousness can pick up these signals, and project them in a precognitive dream, or vision.

This might explain the "soul's" capacity to know more than the wake consciousness does. Way I see it, the both consciousness together constitute our soul, while the wake consciousness alone constitutes the "I", the ego. I suspect that when we have decent connection with our subconsciousness, many things may be revealed for us.

-v

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

That really is well put, how we wish things could just stay the same. It's a projection at best the way we see anything anyway. Then the projection is modified to still be realistic. Our mind and our feelings constantly negotiating and comprimising for something. What? their accepted idea and picture of reality?

To v01i0:

I was talking more along the lines of how we look at the idea of luck. Our perceptions of it. Most posters seem to be going along the lines of what is actually, physically happening. I was talking more about not what happens, but how we perceive it. After I read my post again I think to myself it is funny how afraid we get when we think, "We are lucky to be here."

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Novise]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join