It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Obama Signs Martial Law Executive Order

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
shutking.blogspot.com...

www.whitehouse.gov...

"Washington, D.C.--(ENEWSPF)--January 11, 2010. The President today signed an Executive Order establishing a Council of Governors to strengthen further the partnership between the Federal Government and State Governments to protect our Nation against all types of hazards. When appointed, the Council will be reviewing such matters as involving the National Guard of the various States; homeland defence; civil support; synchronization and integration of State and Federal military activities in the United States; and other matters of mutual interest pertaining to National Guard, homeland defence, and civil support activities.
The bipartisan Council will be composed of Ten State Governors who will be selected by the President to serve two year terms."

[edit on 12-1-2010 by kyle43]

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyle43
shutking.blogspot.com...

"Washington, D.C.--(ENEWSPF)--January 11, 2010. The President today signed an Executive Order establishing a Council of Governors to strengthen further the partnership between the Federal Government and State Governments to protect our Nation against all types of hazards. When appointed, the Council will be reviewing such matters as involving the National Guard of the various States; homeland defence; civil support; synchronization and integration of State and Federal military activities in the United States; and other matters of mutual interest pertaining to National Guard, homeland defence, and civil support activities.
The bipartisan Council will be composed of Ten State Governors who will be selected by the President to serve two year terms."

-checks out his window to look for the red army marching down...see's only a confused dog looking back at him, sighs-

another one of "these" threads it looks like.

Where were these characters when the patriot act was being installed....I bet cheering the good move to protect us from ourselves.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

Ahhh The magic number ten, now I highly doubt this Ten Govenors are the Ten kings of the bible, but its kinda humerous that that number would appear.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
are there any other sources besides this one?

seems a bit fishy to be on a blog-spot site.

Have any legit sources? bbc? cnn?

[edit on 1/12/2010 by ugie1028]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Sec. 5. General Provisions. more 3 (c) This order is not intended to, and does not, createany right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable atlaw or in equity by any party against the United States, itsdepartments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, oragents, or any other person.

What does that mean?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
are there any other sources besides this one?

seems a bit fishy to be on a blog-spot site.

Have any legit sources? bbc? cnn?

[edit on 1/12/2010 by ugie1028]

Since when was CNN AND BBC legit??

well here is the most legit source I think anyone will find

www.whitehouse.gov...

my hope is the Jindal gets in on the council!!

[edit on 12-1-2010 by kyle43]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Star for you!

The right only cares about big government when someone else is at its teat.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
NVM, i wasn't familiar with that source, and didn't have time to dig.

oh wow, this is bizarre.

martial law going to be in effect soon, and for what?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
Ahhh The magic number ten, now I highly doubt this Ten Govenors are the Ten kings of the bible, but its kinda humerous that that number would appear.

Yeah, ten is such an off-the-wall number...

I don't read anything about Martial Law in this EO. It's the formation of a group of Governors to interface between the states and the Secretary of Defense...

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Sec. 5. General Provisions. more 3 (c) This order is not intended to, and does not, createany right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable atlaw or in equity by any party against the United States, itsdepartments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, oragents, or any other person.

What does that mean?

It means "You can't sue us, bitch."

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Sec. 4. Definitions. As used in this order:
(a) the term "State" has the meaning provided in paragraph (15) of section 2 of the Homeland Security Act of 2002(6 U.S.C. 101(15)); and

(b) the term "Governor" has the meaning provided in paragraph (5) of section 102 of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. 5122(5)).

Homeland Security Act of 2002, 6 USC 101.

SEC. 2. DEFINITIONS.
In this Act, the following definitions apply:

(15) The term ‘‘terrorism’’ means any activity that—
(A) involves an act that—
(i) is dangerous to human life or potentially
destructive of critical infrastructure or key resources;
and
(ii) is a violation of the criminal laws of the United
States or of any State or other subdivision of the United
States; and
(B) appears to be intended—
(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(ii) to influence the policy of a government by
intimidation or coercion; or
(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass
destruction, assassination, or kidnapping.

Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act

(5) “Governor” means the chief executive of any State.

I don’t understand how “the term "State" has the same meaning” as “the term terrorism”??

[edit on 12-1-2010 by liveandletlive]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Well I just saw two things on the news that really makes me worry about this bit of news.

First of all, this breaking news involving Morehead NC, hazmat(currently investigating 9 "Punctured" containers holding the "highly explosive PETN used in the foiled detroit attack")

The police have and are going door to door, and forcing people to evacuate....lets hope those containers don't blow up....

Second, I just saw a ticker, about possible plots during the national polls...so beefed up security around the time of those....Weren't tea partiers and followers of the constitution already deemed homegrown terrorist? or something along those lines.
So now the one day real change has a chance to happen to this country, we now have the U.S. gov pulling scare tactics, and intimidating people;which may not be verbal or physical, just the sight will be enough for some I'm sure.

Scary timing....

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Also noted is the fact that there are more than 10 states so why only 10 governors? Is it for regionalization of the U.S. and abolishing of individual states?

10 regions of the U.S.

So now if any of those pesky states start clamoring on about rights not granted to the Feds, they'll simply no longer be considered "states" but numbered regions answerable to the overlord new Governor?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

10 governors....picked by the administration. I think its pretty black and white, they're our new leaders, you think otherwise, your a terrorist.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Oh they must have meant:

(14) The term ‘‘State’’ means any State of the United States,
the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico,
the Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, the Commonwealth
of the Northern Mariana Islands, and any possession of the
United States.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I live in Canada, and we never hear this kind of stuff. Our government is too worried about our olympic hockey team and the Tar Sands to care about martial law.

If any of you seriously feel threatened by your government, come on up!

We could use the company

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
From my understanding the republic has 50 states, those states have their own governors, a group of 10 does not show or allow proper representation or participation to the remaining 40. This immediately sounds to me like usurpment, and the ground work for regionalization and territories of government and not individual states.

www.nga.org...

www.nga.org...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

If this measure had been in place during hurricane Katrina perhaps there would have been better preparation and response.

My observation is that the federal and state agencies were delayed while they sorted out who was to be in charge. The exception being
the US Coast Guard, they just went to work.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I told you all he was the Anti-Christ before he was elected and ATS censored every one of my warnings. Well thanks allot, NOW ONLY GOD CAN STOP HIM.

"The ten horns you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but who for one hour will receive authority as kings along with the beast. Rev. 17:12

The next thing we will see is a mass terror attack so he can go after the Revolutionist and the Church.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Don't you need consistent protests and riots before you would ever see martial law in a country, otherwise it's unnecessary and will only cause rioting. How long now has this pipe-dream been around for?

OMG OMG OMG the British army are helping motorists stranded in the snow, so that must mean martial law in UK as well!

[edit on 12-1-2010 by john124]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join