It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on prehistory

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by The VagabondSurvivors find the un-nuked expanses of the American mid west, and try to impart all human knowledge on to trailer trash to rebuild the world.

It may surprise you to know that there ARE intelligent people with real skills and technical knowledge outside of New York and L.A.

[edit on 5-6-2004 by penginkun]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I dont belive in evoltuion or anything like that. Civilization started about 10000-11000 years ago in modern day Iraq i think. During prehisotry there was no writing or a normal laungage.
my thoughts (though i have many more...).

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Here is a puzzling site of dinosaurs found in archeology.

www.genesispark.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by penginkun

Originally posted by The VagabondSurvivors find the un-nuked expanses of the American mid west, and try to impart all human knowledge on to trailer trash to rebuild the world.

It may surprise you to know that there ARE intelligent people with real skills and technical knowledge outside of New York and L.A.

[edit on 5-6-2004 by penginkun]

I'm from a glorified trailer park in the desert that God forgot. Legend has it that Al Capone was the driving force behind the town's development, and after that a biker gang called the Vagos ran the show and used it as a meth center. They finally incorporated and hired like 6 cops, and now they relocate parolees there. I -AM- the future un-nuked trailer trash of which I speak.

I'm not REALLY down on rural people, but I was trying to translate what happened in the past into modern terms. (because rural communities are the closest thing to the more isolated and lower-tech barbarians of history, even though rural residents aren't as far below their urban counterparts as barbarians were.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
According to the best anthropological and archaeological studies known at this time, homo sapiens first appeared 400,000 years ago. Here is a science link to confirm this belief: www.schoolscience.co.uk/content/4/physics/bigbang/

For information on ancient beliefs of our future (End of Days) , go to
onealclan0.tripod.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Isn't that a significant set back from the original timeline? I thought it wasn't too long ago that Homo spaiens were being dated as less than 100,000 years old.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
hi forum fellows
interesting dicussion about one of my favourite topics
what little information a have heard about the antiquity of civilissation can be summurised thus:
homo sapiens arose atleast 100 thousand years ago in africa and were part of a long tradition of "people" arising in africa and speading out to colonise other regions, going back to aroung 3 million years ago....
the last mini iceage ended around 12000 to 1000 years ago and the more extreme regions of the globe were "recolonised by temperate flora and fauna by 10,000 years ago
this end of the ice age would have seen the loss of ahbitable land around the equaotr as the sea rose, due to the melting of the ice, this rise in sea level would have been very likely to obliterate any eveidence of cultures pre 12,ooo years old, as any major cities would proberbly have been costal
it seems to me that it doesnt take long for homo sapien to get "cultured" 1000 years tops, as theory will always be hanging aropund from previous cultures, to use, so it is , in my humble opinion, likely that many civilisations have arisen since us homos were around and possibly before that even

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
All man's history was written in advance. Try this.

onealclan0.tripod.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
There's a problem with the code. It's not TRULY equidistant as it claims. Different distances are used to find each word. The words do not actually appear in the sequence presented, which is choppy at best as it is. I also noted that the word "prospect" occurs with almost every future prediction, but I didn't see it in ANY of the past ones. This goes to show that you find what you want to find.
These aren't small offsets either... most of the gaps are thousands of characters or more. If I could use a document as long as the Torah with only a few characters (doesn't hebrew have fewer than 26 characters?) and choose any equidistant offset i wanted, i could eventually find any words I wanted. especially short acronyms that are 2/3s vowels (like USA).

I bet I could get it to say "die die oorah" and claim that it was written by a Marine. Then I could get it to say "Pay Tom" and use that to make a fortune pan-handling.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join