It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope slams gay marriage as 'attack' on creation

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeralMonkeyMagic
reply to post by whaaa

In all honesty, marriage is a religious way of expressing the union of a man and woman. This union has always been with a male and a female, as was stipulated in the religious texts in question. Two dudes can't make a baby, nor can two chicks. It's just "science" lol.

If they want to be together, that's fine, but they have to understand that as marriage and it's laws are based on religion and the fact that it is only between male and female, they cannot be "married" as such, merely "together".

Doesn't mean they can't live happily together! just means that if they want to be married, it will be outside the concept that marriage was originally created in. HArsh realities im afraid.

Who says that they need to be married to be happy anways? surely a state of mind akin to being "partners" would suffice, as it does for many people across the globe.

I suppose we could legislate the removal of legal rights for married couples. That would certainly make things more fair. I'm almost never in favor of removing rights as adding rights is usually the more fair choice.

Gay couples just want the same rights as straight couples. I don't see a problem with that. By all means, if a church doesn't want to support their marriage, that's totally fine.

Also, if a couple can't have kids, does that mean they shouldn't be married? I'm fairly certain many childless couples will be upset at that, but so be it. They don't need to be married to be happy anyway as long as the kids aren't there they shouldn't be married.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I am not religious and i don't think gay people are vile creatures lol but i do think its not right. Maybe i'm wrong in thinking that, i don't know. I think we should base our beliefs more in what we need rather than what we want. Maybe i'm wrong in all of this and i just don't understand. One things for certain, gays are not vile creatures. Not all of them anyways, just like all heteros are not good or bad either. Getting married, i think gay or straight, if you love each other marriage shouldn't be an issue. I don't believe in the gay way lol but c'mon, they are not vile creatures unless they intend harm on you. That should be obvious. Who's right or wrong? I think we should all respect each others views and be able to talk about it like i am trying to do.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigiman
I am not religious and i don't think gay people are vile creatures lol but i do think its not right. Maybe i'm wrong in thinking that, i don't know. I think we should base our beliefs more in what we need rather than what we want. Maybe i'm wrong in all of this and i just don't understand. One things for certain, gays are not vile creatures. Not all of them anyways, just like all heteros are not good or bad either. Getting married, i think gay or straight, if you love each other marriage shouldn't be an issue. I don't believe in the gay way lol but c'mon, they are not vile creatures unless they intend harm on you. That should be obvious. Who's right or wrong? I think we should all respect each others views and be able to talk about it like i am trying to do.

Thanks for making an effort to understand and admitting that you haven't quite made it there. As a gay man I appreciate that.

But look at it from my perspective...
I didn't want this. I didn't choose it. There is no more "gay way" than there is a straight way. You didn't choose to be straight. But at some point in your life you realized that you found girls attractive.
It's the same with us.

We just want the opportunity to marry someone and then give them half our stuff after we realize we hate them, lol

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

POPE Benedict XVI has called laws ignoring the difference between the sexes an "attack'' on creation just days after Portugal moved to legalise gay marriage.

Is this the same Pope that in his youth belong to a Nationalistic, fascist movement that led millions to their graves?

Talk about ATTACKS on creation rotflol!

I am Portuguese, and finally I must say that something right is happening in my country. Until 1974 we lived in constant fear of a fascist that ruled us and led us to illiteracy, prejudice and all those loveable thing fascism leads a country into. I mean, only in 1980 could my people watch, for instance, 'Last tango in Paris' on tv.
All in all, the Catholic church is, per se, very worried about anything that DOESN'T INVOLVE THE CHURCH ITSELF! I mean, why doesn't the Pope talk about the attacks the Inquisition represented against Creation? Why doesn't he condemn all those paedophile priests that hunt for the same innocent lambs they should take care of? Why doesn't he condemn the avarice and greed the catholic church practice and preach? Whenever this hypocrit acknowledges his personal and organizational attacks on people's faith, then let him vomit whatever he wants regarding the gay community, including gay priests that join seminaries every year. Pathetic!

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Faustian Spirit]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join