It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best military project which never seen the service...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Well at the top of my list would be the YF-23

I know some people that work at Northtrop and I think they lost the political side of the contract rather then the engineering side of it.

Also the XB-70 Valkyrie a mach 3+ bomber. Having a bomber that flew really high and really fast was ahead of its time. But I have a feeling we will be getting back to that concept soon with stealth thrown in of course

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I vote for the X-20 Dyna-Soar, a true orbital bomber/recon platform.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The Comanche, that thing was basically ready for production. But it was percieved as not needed in todays combat arena's. Just recently scrapped too.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega1
The Jappanese had a lot of interesting projects in WWII.

especially with biological weapons... "red crescent" which was supposed to be a bomb that spread the bubonic plague. They actually tested it in China, and that is part of the reason why the plague is still around in some remote areas.

That's part of the reason why Chinese people hate Japanese people so much. Some older people wouldn't even sit in a Japanese made car and would spit on it. It was war, Chinese people knew that and war would cost lives but they didn't have to use genocidal techniques and testing bio weapons on civilians and cities. I hate Japanese people of that generation but me and my jap friends joke around with those stuff. "oh we beat your head down in the first two years..." "Yeah and you got your A$$ kicked back to Japanese town AKA tokyo."

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by COWlan

That's part of the reason why Chinese people hate Japanese people so much. Some older people wouldn't even sit in a Japanese made car and would spit on it. It was war, Chinese people knew that and war would cost lives but they didn't have to use genocidal techniques and testing bio weapons on civilians and cities. I hate Japanese people of that generation but me and my jap friends joke around with those stuff. "oh we beat your head down in the first two years..." "Yeah and you got your A$$ kicked back to Japanese town AKA tokyo."

Thats a interesting point of view on WW2. I just watched a show about the chinese "comfort" women that the Japanese soldiers used when they invaded China truly a horrible act committed against the Chinese people.

Its good to know some of the younger generations of each country can be friends I know the older generation people will remember acts like those in WW2 for their whole lives.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Well, would a Secret Flying Disc of the Third Reich qualify as a unfinished project? Fact or fiction, here's a link : laesieworks.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Speaking of weapons of the Third Reich how about the Horten IX flying wing. Amazing tech for 1944.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Also the XB-70 Valkyrie a mach 3+ bomber. Having a bomber that flew really high and really fast was ahead of its time. But I have a feeling we will be getting back to that concept soon with stealth thrown in of course

Good choice Shadow, teh Vallkyrie was an amazing plane for its time. As advanced as the SR-71 was.

Here is a link to a great site dealing withe subject :

www.labiker.org...

and a link to some NASA videos of its testing :

www.dfrc.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr No One
In WWII the Japanes made 3 submarines that were capable of carrying, launching and landing 3 aircraft each.

They were planned to be used to attack the Panama Canal, but were recalled to participate in the defense of, I think, Okinawa.

[edit on 9-12-2004 by replicators]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
How aout the bird of prey,not my favroite but it looks cool!

www.air-attack.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join