It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Police State: Pictures & More

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Biometrics ARE A REALITY!
Not only in the UK, but pretty much everywhere, now.
I receive a monthly magazine called Card Technology, and what is covers is...
"news about smart cards and such related payment and identification technologies as biometrics, PKI, mobile commerce, physical access control and computer network security"
Currently, there is an order in place for all "Visa-waiver" nations to have a plan in place by OCT 2004, but has been pushed to 2005, that requires these nations to produce biometrically controlled passports.
In JAN 2004 the UK began to introduce them.
You can read more about the UK, and biometrics HERE
Very interesting stuff.
=====================================================

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Why do the anarchists and N.W.O idiots believe that the whole world can be controlled by your credit or I.D cards.The worlds a big place with alot of people in it,why are they against the system?.Look at Iraq America is struggling to control a few ignorant arabs.The whole concept has come from america,havn`t seen any info from the rest of the planet.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
i took this picture of the police at the stop the iraq war protest outside downing street. the cctv pic is my own work to. i have to agree with infinite that england is a long way from being a police state, although them boys in blue are getting bolder.

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by kode]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo
The whole concept has come from america,havn`t seen any info from the rest of the planet.

What exactly do you mean?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The whole concept has come from America,haven`t seen any info from the rest of the planet

What exactly do you mean.

My family come from Spain which only 31 years ago escaped a dictatership.They have been carring I.D cards for 50 years,there Police force is alot more opresive (sorry crap spelling) than Britains.I have personnal experiance of the merhods employed in the Basque region when they openly oppose the Spainish govt.I have seen people openly attacked in the streets by there police.There most serious crimes are not of the violant type we have in Britain.The main reason i put for this is when the guardia civil catch a sex offender or a murderer they will not hestate to use brutality.The consept which obviously i cannot say everybody would agree but when they have seen this site have laught and totally dismiss the ideas of N.W.O and such subjects.I share there belief that you need a tough Police force to be able to oppose the criminal element.
from what i have seen on this site is mainly from Americans,l haven`t read info from any other countries.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
When I saw the title of this thread I thought little of it, and I even thought it was slightly ridiculous. However after a bit of thought I realized it may be quite close to the truth. We have CCTV cameras literally everywhere.

In my college/school for example, there are at least 6 cameras littered around. We have cameras on streets, pubs, motorways, literally everywhere. I think it's just difficult knowing which ones are justified are not.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I live in the UK also. On our regional news which is Central news, they were saying how a school wants to put CCTV camera in the pupils toliets.

These cameras will monitor the students on their breaks and teachers will have the jobs of watching out for bullying.

Its not a joke I promise, it was on Central news about 1 week ago. Scarey stuff!!!

Parents are obviously going to protest.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
There is no police state in the UK, only time I ever see a copper he's operating a speed trap , annoying but not the end of the world -see Aussie Bloke-

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Why do the anarchists and N.W.O idiots believe that the whole world can be controlled by your credit or I.D cards.

Its true that the world can't be controlled via credit cards. Firstly, they are too easy to lose. However, there is a way for this control to be gained. Not via Credit Cards but by the chip.

Imagine this. Everyone is either coerced or forced to accept a biometric implant (such as Verichip). This chip will carry (or link to) medical information, financial status, whether you have ever been convicted of a crime - it could even have your driving licence data on it. It will be read by scanner (Already here - my ex's dog is chipped). It will replace the credit card and can be used for ID. It can also link to the GPS system.

Basically, the 'One World Government' will be able to monitor your every movement and your financial transactions.

The technology is already here. All they need to is implement it. Right now they are starting the Have your kid chipped for his/her safety and your peace of mind and Its cool to be chipped 'campaigns'. Peer pressure will make kids take the chip just like it gets them to buy the latest pair of sneakers.
I envisage a day when every baby is chipped routinely.
Those who refuse it will either be forced to accept it or be excluded from 'society' - With no cash, the NWO banks can control every financial transaction and if they say you need a chip to be able to buy and sell, then there will be little chance of refusing.

The beast is waking

[edit on 12-6-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
My dad was speaking to a guy who makes traffic counter for shops. You know to see how many people enter the shop in a day. Anyway they are working on new ones can that tell how many people are in the building at any one time. This is apparently for Fire, heath and saftey reasons.

Anyway the guy was saying how soon they will have to make reader that can not only tell how many people are in a building at anyone time, but also WHO is in the building....!

Motion sensors can tell where people might be in a building but only unique, individual signals can send the information of WHO is in a building. What would send a signal to a receiver.....? a chip!

[edit on 12-6-2004 by 7th_Chakra]

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The only people promoting a police state in britain are arm chair Anarchists that talk about being free from oppression when they haven`t experianced reality that the suffering in countries that are rule by true fear experiance.My advice to them is to go and work for an aid agency in Africa and see real pain and suffering and try to help rather than bitch in the comfort that they posses.

YOU HAVE NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT IF YOU ARE ALLOWED TO COMPLAIN

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

The only people promoting a police state in britain are arm chair Anarchists that talk about being free from oppression when they haven`t experianced reality that the suffering in countries that are rule by true fear experiance.My advice to them is to go and work for an aid agency in Africa and see real pain and suffering and try to help rather than bitch in the comfort that they posses.

YOU HAVE NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT IF YOU ARE ALLOWED TO COMPLAIN

Hear Hear

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Pisky hi

The beast is waking

Sorry don`t believe in such theories.Like in the movies if l am wrong then l will be in the front line fighting the good fight,but humans have been around for a while now and the concept of N.W.O doesn`t ring alarm bells.I am not informed enough on the subject to try to disprove your believes,l prefer simplistics.

There is another thread at the moment on this subject of tagging and l have stated that all the info and resources that are required to control your lifestyle is already available and could be used now to control your life
with alot more success than on mass.I don`t believe in the devil and a fight to control the human race basical because it would have been done in the past.It would have been easier.And what the hell would be the point in a devil controlling humans.
Tagging is a concept that is well away from becoming reality and probably would only be used on criminals.It would take one hell of a P.R excercise to convince everyone.It would be a lot easier to drug everybody or remove part of our memories or will from our brains, l bet someone will try a thread on that theory.It`s funny how when writing these theories reminds me of films that have these concepts?.Maybe we are too easily led and have lost our abillity to cope with the future and that we have become so unhappy with our lives we have forgotten that today is more important than tomorrow.This site reminds me so much of the X files series.The costant chase to find the truth that reality becomes lost and lies dictate our beliefs.I believe life is simple, we came into this world with nothing and when we die there is nothing else no continuation.I of course cannot prove this and know one can disprove it, of course people will argue that but we will only now when we die.I prefer to live everyday like it`s the last when l am away from friends and family l am aware that it might be the last i see of them so l try to enjoy every moment.It works for me.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
for all the brits what are not up to date on the NWO

www.infowars.com...

www.prisonplanet.com...

some of the films are real eye openers

just like when i found this web site ATS
i was reading posts for 2 weeks solid so many great links

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Ok this isnt in direct response to the first post but to someone else who posted later. If you dont mind , please explain a bit more on the culture of violence in england? I havent been there for awhile and just wondering what its like from your perspective.

UK has tons of cameras. Last time I was there I was waiting for a friend leaning against his car, just rocking it very slightly unintentionally. Within less than a minute a man ran up to me from the post office about 5 meters away questioning me about who owns the car, do i know that i am on camera being watched!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Ill relay my own experience, though I have no pictures.

I just got back from the UK a couple weeks ago on emergency.

Anyway, I flew into Manchester airport, and almost crapped my pants when I saw the security cops there packing fully loaded SMGs at port arms, plus an assortment of some nasty weaponry at thier sides.

No where in the US is security THAT tight. Since 9/11, I have flow into and from:

SEA TAC Airport (natch)
O Hare (Chicago)
Logan (Boston)
Cleveland

At none of these airports did I see anything remotely resembling what I saw in Manchester or even at Heathrow last year. The security checks were ten times more intrusive (on my last trip, I got felt up and frisked twice before I boarded my flight). The security lines tighter, much more security there. It really shocked me. On landing at Logan, the place was like, dead. I mean, Logan, thats the airport where the two planes that struck the WTC took off from, you would think security would have been alot tighter there. But it was pretty mellow. Didnt see even a side arm, didnt see any cops, though they may have been elsewhere.

Right after 9/11 is the only time I saw fully armored troops and police running about the airports, but that pretty much was justified, and no one really gave it much thought. A year later, after 9/11, you saw a few national guard and some cops, but that was it, no guns. And then they completely left the airports.

Now, its like no ones is guarding US airports, but #, the English ones were locked down better than some prisons. It was really wierd, in a country with extra tight gun control laws, to see such heave small arms displayed so brazenly. Gave me the creeps, and I love guns!

Add to that, the disconcerting fact, that every bar I was in had cameras watching you, and cameras on amusement rides, in the streets.....

Its like 1984.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I do not like how people are bashing down on the Jews. Sure, maybe some Jews are in control, but does this mean all Jews, as it sounds like, are evil?

Just because most of the staff of the White House are from, say, Texas, does this mean that all people in Texas are evil too?

I'm no Jews myself, but these thoughts can be self-provoking. I won't ever accept that any one "kind of people" are responsible for a "bad" or "wrong" cause.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Here in Britain we had armed officer at all major airports before 9/11 that hasn`t changed much.Security bagage checks are tighter.The reason for camera`s everywhere is because the amount of assualts that are taking place.I`ve seen people break bottles in peoples face just for accidentally bumping into them.I and some friends got attacked on a Christmas eve just for looking at a girl of some blokes.we left the bar and got attacked by five men,three of us needing hospitol treatment.This is happen fair to often.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
For as long as I can remember armed police have operated in and around airports, due to the Irish problem and others. As for CCTV I agree that there my be to many, but the impact on 'Street Crime' has been positive in many areas of the UK in allowing the Police to react quickly and decisively to crime anything from pick-pockets to outright assault and worse, and the fact that CCTV footage has been used in many investigations and court cases, meant that the right guy has been put behind bars. And as for the UK becomeing a police state, I dont see it.

[edit on 15/6/2004 by 300k]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
We don't have guns, we need a release sometimes, ok!! Actually gun crime in Britain's on the rise too. I've got my own opinions on that but I'm keeping them firmly to myself as the little PC mafia'll be out in force if I don't.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join