It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the best survival reference websites/books?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Aside from this forum, can any ATS members shed some light on what are the best survival reference websites and books where you get infomation and trainng on survival and survivalist situations? Any infomation is welcome.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
A friend of mine who lives in the US who has been a conspiracist most of his life sent me the book Dare to Prepare. He seems to think it be a good idea to start preparing.

Holy cow it covers everything, I mean everything that it takes to live in a global disaster situation. By far the best survival book I have ever seen. It's not "wilderness" survival per say but rather if the lights go out permanently and you have to make a stand where you are. There is a wealth of knowledge in it so much so that you start to hope you never have to open it because it reminds you of all the things you never gave a second thought to .
A very comprehensive book in my opinion.

www.abysmal.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Archangel

What survival are you interested in ??
Bushcraft, Surviving Civil unrest, acts of god / nature etc ??

The_Archangel I have send you a private message ( U2U ).

[edit on 10-1-2010 by colec156]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
www.survivalistboards.com...
www.whenshtf.com...

Those two are the best forums out there, IMO. Kevin, owner of Survivalistboards.com, also has a YouTube channel with tons of great videos for SHTF preparation.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Dare to Prepare looks like an intresting read although expensive

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I would personally recommend the book by John "LOFTY" Wiseman - SAS Survival Handbook. It litterrally has every thing you need for survival

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
This is a good post originally from Applesandoranges.
It has links to free books and documents on all sorts of survival type stuff.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
For anybody like myself that is looking for infomation/reference in this field, I sourced two links. Some of the books are linked to free download sites, so its worth a look.

When SHTF

SurvivalistBoards

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Hi guys,

does anybody know where you can get the latest addition of Dare to Prepare from in the UK?

I tried Stan Deyos website but the postal costs are a joke and there a good chance that the import tax will follow suit.

If not, is the a PDF format version link available?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I have two books to recommend:

When Technology Fails 2nd edition

Gardening When It Counts

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I have been looking for resources exactly like this! I have also heard that a major part of a survival kit is a physical hard back encyclopedia set, as well as medical books.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The books I mentioned will teach you everything from how to make clothes to basic chemistry. It will show you how to work metal, how to make and find medicines, the whole nine yards. The other is everything you need to know about raising a survival garden.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
One cant go past one of the experts as in former SAS man John"lofty" Wiseman
He has a wealth of invaluable knowledge. Also check out some of the,"Man vs Wild" series which is also hosted by another ex-Sas- Edward"Bear" Grylls. He gives a lot of knowledge on what to look out for in certain climatic conditions etc.

www.loftywiseman.co.uk...

www.casttv.com...

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Epsillion70]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I'm not joking on this, but the Zombie Survival Guide is actually really good...

top topics

join