It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obesity & Disease - We are being attacked, but by whom?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
There is little debate that obesity and diseases are rapidly increasing, but who is responsible? Is it an attack for profit, or even more sinister than that? There's no doubt that huge profits are being made in the process, but which came first?

Are people so naive to think of this as anything but a direct assault? How can the increases in cancer, diabetes, as well as obesity, be considered normal? This problem has gotten so bad it is now effecting children in high numbers as well. Why is this acceptable?

I am 41 years old. I have seen an utter explosion of disease increases in my life. As a boy, cancer was relatively rare and strictly an adult disease. Today there are entire hospitals dedicated to children with cancer! Diabetes is also rising rapidly for both children and adults. There is even child Alzheimer disease!

How can this be acceptable?

My girlfriend and I believe that all these diseases, as well as obesity, are undoubtedly caused by all the non organic products. This goes for food, water, medicine, soap, etc... We are convinced that, through greed and profit, the standards for products have sunk so low they have reached the point of which they are toxic, if not deadly, to consume. They are causing obesity and disease to skyrocket, all in the name of profitability. Perhaps even purposefully causing ailments for which they can treat with pharmaceuticals?

In light of these beliefs, we have been on a strictly 100% organic diet for over a year now. No fast food, medication, tap water, flu shots, soda, or anything else not totally organic and free of toxins. This also goes for our five dogs. They receive only organic kibble, raw meat, fruits and vegetables. They have no vaccinations, or the like.

Since this change we are all noticeably healthier. I have suffered my entire adult life from chronic headaches, joint pain, indigestion and insomnia. These things are now non existent. My girlfriend has lost over twenty pounds despite the fact her food intake has considerably increased. Our dogs are consistently free of health issues as well. We attribute this completely to the avoidance of the constant barrage of poisonous non organic food.

We are convinced that corporate profits are causing the increases of disease and obesity. What else could it be? Non organic food and medicine will kill you eventually. Do yourself a favor and try an organic diet for 6 months. I guarantee you will never go back!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I will add something to your very good observations.

Now that everything is readily available, very quickly, and cheaply, the population has grown accustomed to not having to cook, exercise, or watch what they eat. For example, in the past, many people had to walk to get to places which was exercise. Now people own cars or use other methods to limit how much actual walking is done. In the past, meals were not simply put in a microwave and ready in 5 minutes because they didn't have time to eat. They mostly ate home cooked meals. McD's, for example, was a treat in the past, now it's just cheaper and more convenient than cooking and eating at home.

We are unfortunately conditioned to eat badly, eat a lot, and not to exercise. I wish I could eat only organic, but where I live it's way to expensive and there is just not enough summer heat or sun to grow it myself. Maybe one day when I move back to where I'm from I'll get around to it.

Thanks for your post, it was very insightful!

Peace,

Magnum

P.S. I'll have to sell this one to my dog with some sugar coating... She's a fussy eater!!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I have been thinking about this thing.. I am going to exclude obese as one of them because I do honestly believe some people are to damn lazy to stop being fat.. I know quite a few big people that complain they are fat and do nothing about it..

I will add 2 things to this.. Cancer and Autism.

I am 36 yrs old. Back in the day we didnt hear of many people who had autism or real crazy types of problems.. Today its said 1 and 100.

Cancer....

When I had a chance I would talk to old people.. 70 80+ These people I would ask when you were a kid did you ever hear of someone dying of cancer of any type.. Typically they would say not.. a couple stated 1 person but nobody ever said 2 or 3 people...

Alot of people are suggesting that people are containing these cancers in the vaccines they give to people.. Kinda of like autism..

I am also wondering as I did with the statistics of autism how many say... Amish people contract cancer at a given time..

Autism it was 1 and 100,000 or so in 05 or something.. in Amish not the US..

But my theory is that we are being fed this crap from vaccines and food and probably water we take in.. I am leaning more towards the vaccines however.

[edit on 1/9/2010 by ThichHeaded]

Here is a post on vaccines that should help you in your quest.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1/9/2010 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Thanks for the response, Magnum.

One thing to keep in mind with organic food is that you need much less of it then what you're used to. Unlike conventional food that is full of fillers and preservatives, organic is 100% actual food. I feel as full stomached from an organic 8 ounce rib eye as I used to from a 20 ounce porterhouse. I now consume less than half of what I did on conventional food. Organic food may cost more, but you need much less of it, so it's actually more comparable than you think. The best part though is the taste! It still amazes me how good actual food tastes.

I used to think I was losing my sense of taste as I got older, but it was only the poor quality food I was eating. I can no longer eat fast food or anything containing high fructose corn syrup. I can't believe how nasty some things taste that used to be my favorites. Soda is now undrinkable for me. As is milk. If you like milk, do yourself a favor and get some organic. You can get organic milk at most all food markets now. I drink the brand Horizon. Try it if you drink milk!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

its an attack by the illuminati and aliens who control the world.

and humans are too dumb to figure out (even when they're told) that they're being lied to, by the most part, with some exceptions. ive tried on this forum to explain to people what to eat, but the brainwashing is so strong all that happens is you get attacked by arrogant forum users.
ive tried it on other forums, same response. my conclusion: humans are too dumb to figure out the truth or who to believe even when they're told.

but here goes, one last time.

yes, it is an attack. all the junk food and crap around is to make you unhealthy and disease ridden. all the chemicals too in your food, water, makeup etc.

your scientists and doctors who you believe and trust are also brainwashed. they work for drug companies.

go to your chinese doctor and ask what to eat for a healthy diet if you want to survive is my advice.

or do the following:
stop meat and dairy. if you must eat meat eat white flesh only, and make sure the chicken is organic/free range (same with eggs). can still eat eggs. minimize meat intake so you eat it as a garnish not main portion of a meal. no processed foods or preservatives AT ALL.
eat fresh organic foods only.
stop eating sugar. ALL sugar - cakes, soft drinks, bikkies, etc. its bad for you. only eat honey, maple syrup etc in small doses, sparingly. use fruit juice to sweeten things, or stevia. brown sugar is better and safer than white, but SMALL DOSES. like NOT every day.
dont drink alcohol, caffeine (black tea or coffee) or milk/softdrink/cordial.

DRINK ONLY: pure water (no flouride), green tea, herbal teas, vegetable juices and fruit juices, or soy.

EAT ONLY: vegetables - raw or steamed lightly, dont overcook - except potatoes etc) of ALL types, you need A LOT of vegetables each day. lots of green leafy ones especially. eat some fruit too, each day. berries are good for anti oxidants. then eat grains (BROWN rice, corn, etc). you may want to avoid wheat if intolerant, or avoid woolies bread/even bakery bread (better than supermarkets) but can still be full of rubbish. eating corn or rice crackers is ok- but steer clear of all packaged/processed foods. eat beans, lentils, chickpeas, etc. eat NUTS and SEEDS. of many varieties, especially almonds. eat the SEEDS out of fruit - EAT your apricot, cherry, peach and apple seeds. you'll have to crack open the apricot seed to extract the nut. dont eat too many at once. apricot seeds are very strong. but eat them from time to time. always eat apple seeds. just be sensible about it - dont over do it, but make sure you eat some. eat some seaweed each week to get iodine.

and thats pretty much it. protein is in nuts, seeds, beans, chickpeas, lentils and eggs.

follow the diet and you'll be healthy.

dont follow it and you'll get heart disease, obesity, diabetes and cancer.

there are many studies to back up this info, i have provided links on other threads.

there is much disinfo out there - be careful whose study you trust. drug companies fund many studies with biased or incorrect results.

oh, eat herbs as well with meals. and in teas. herbs are part of a healthy diet and to boost immune system: eat parsley, cats claw from time to time, cinnamon, cloves, (anti bacterial etc), raspberry leaf for women for cramps, mint for digestion, all herbs have beneficial properties you can research. elderberry for flu - VERY effective, kills the virus, etc.

eat mushrooms as well. chinese mushrooms have anti cancer properties.

dont eat maccas, kfc, cappucinos, or choccy eclairs or you will turn into a blimp, or else be unhealthy. i know it sucks but life sucks, get used to it.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

All I can say is that going organic is no guarantee.

It may and probably will make your overall health better. I myself eat pretty darn healthy most of the time, with some transgressions here and there.

However a friend of mine, and life long advocate and practitioner of all things healthy, (organic, grow your own food, make your own tofu, macrobioltic, no sugar, yadda, yadda) is suffering from cancer and has just been told there will be no remission.

It isnt all about the food we eat. Or the choices we make in terms of lifestyle. Both of those things make a huge difference in our day to day health, but they arent the cause of all human disease and cancer.

I dont want to rain on anyones parade, but I do want people to not judge people who do get health problems as having done it to themselves somehow. My friend is the perfect example of someone who did everything right, and still got cancer. Disease happens. Do your very best to be healthy but dont assume that sick people somehow didnt try hard enough, and dont be so sure that it cant happen to you that you ignore the warning signs.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
from personal experience i can say that since i changed my diet, i dont get headaches at all anymore - dont know what they even feel like now, i have more energy and feel a lot healthier. i would never go back to eating crap and hormone filled meats etc.

also since i started on raspberry leaf tea i no longer get cramps. all women should know about it. either that or keep taking the nurofen like they want you to...

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

yeah, probably becuz even if they went organic they still ate meat dairy maybe even sugar.

or didnt get enough magnesium, b17, iodine etc.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

i disagree. disease doesnt just 'happen'. if it happens, you have done SOMETHING wrong, you just cant figure out what. if you can figure it out, you will get rid of the disease.

the immune system is strong, it will defend you from cancer and disease if you give it waht it needs to do so. if you dont, you wont survive.

it is complicated, very, to know exactly what the body needs to keep the immune system at optimum functioning. people think they know, get sick then throw out everything as being wrong. they might just be wrong on one or two points and not getting a certain nutrient they need or suchlike.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

Thanks for the info! I work in a high stress job in a very isolated area of Canada (population 160 Inuit, +- 10 "qallunaq" [white people]). Our only store only has 3 isles of food and the rest is all frozen TV dinners, meats, and pizzas...
The only way in or out is by plane and ordering food from the south is very very expensive; that's 2 verys! (thanks Woody)... This is why I don't have access to it now. As far as the tasting the food part, I will need to quit smoking first...

My wife is from Europe, and she will be living with me shortly. She hates the way I eat and she only eats home cooked meals. I like to cook, and she knows how to, we will make a killer team in the kitchen!!

The combination of stress at work and bad eating habits = severe stomach burns, nausea, chest pain, muscle aches, head aches... You name it I felt/feel it.

I will definitely look into organic foods when my wife and I move back to "civilization".

Thanks again for the info!

Peace!

Magnum

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
You want to know whats making the humans fat and cancerous? Indeed, it is a direct assault, frightening in its comprehensiveness! Heres a few of the big issues;

-Chlorinated Hydrocarbons and other Organochlorides turn fat cells into toxic waste dumps. They also cause cancer, and we spray them onto damn near all our consumption bound vegetables and animals, wash our clothes with them, and incorporate them into our lives typically wherever possible. Produced in unison with many other, even more toxic substances at your local petroleum refinery.

-Cosmetics are saturated with things you certainly would never want in your body if you value health.

-Hormones which have been established as carcinogens are incorporated into our food, and thus into ourselves.

-Food Irradiation alters the molecular structure of proteins rendering them unsuitable for consumption by biological organisms - thus increasing shelf life. If its fast food or cheap food, you can count on the fact that its been hit with millions of rads before it ever reaches the grocery shelf.

-Vaccines are loaded with carcinogens and substances which wreck havoc on every system within the human body. Do the shots cause autism? Perhaps, but they definitely cause brain damage. Consider the fact that the 500 dose vials of vaccine have enough mercury inside them for 500 doses. Now, if you believe what they say then the process of having a man in a white coat rigorously shake this bottle will ensure that you'll get the same 25 microgram dose of mercury as the granny behind you and the toddler in front - all part of the magic of modern me-di-sin.

-Genetic modification of plants, either to resist the heavy loads of toxic bull# we dump on them or to reprogram them to produce said biologically undesirable molecules. The programs are successful because insects stop eating the neurotoxin soaked food or die! Brilliant!

-Radiation generators densely clustered wherever human population centers are found. Great for accelerating communication and increasing the temperature of food, unfortunate side effect is brain cancer.

-Contaminated Water ie flouride, chlorine, lead, arsenic etc... ensures that a steady stream of poisons are incorporated into anything with water in it. Thats a pretty big % of reality.

-Pasteurization used to remove nutrients from food items, thus improving shelf life as they no longer decay. Milk these days ultra pasteurized and etc has a shelf life, warm, of more than two months. Fascinating. Horizon milk is in fact (ULTRA PASTEURIZED), so we're talking nutritionally void. You might want to do a google search on REAL MILK.

Phtlates ie endocrine disruptors that leach off of all things plasticy into your food and liquids! Soft pliable containers and lots of heat tincrease the numbers of these lovely molecules which work their way into your body like a bucket of wrenches into the gears of a clocktower.

Naturally, there are many more human manifested aspects of reality that, chances are, are destroying you and your loved ones right now! Study the facts, save yourself.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by illusionincarnate]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Ok no one can tell you to eat stuff that is bad for you. You do that on your
own no matter what. All we can claim is there are those taking advantage of a very old weakness, that goes all the way back to the garden. The
same as then food is a weakness, mankind has a big problem with.
Jack Lalane always said," if man makes it. dont eat it."

Flagged starred

[edit on 9-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Diet is part of the equation, no doubt, but not the whole picture. Yes, our water, food air and soil are tainted. Yes, organic, & non-processed foods are ideal. HFCS is evil!

Okay, now that we got passed that. There's more to the equation. First off, people are living longer. Next, we're surrounded around much more toxins that pre 20th century. Before the industrial revolution, heavy metals were in the ground, not all around us. Plastics weren't even invented. Man made electromagnetic radiation wasn't really an issue.

Pathogens have also been laboratory engineered and released on humanity. Lab leaks do occur, governments do spray their citizens for research, and biological and chemical warfare is very real. Over time, many of these pathogens end up spreading throughout all of humanity. Prions, weaponized mycoplasma, and stealth viruses come to mind.

Oh yeah, GM-agrobacterium is quite the issue as well. This causes cross species, cross kingdom, and cross superkingdom mutations to occur amongst pathogens within our bodies! This and the use of antibacterials may well explain the superbugs --drug resistant-- which have come about.

The "uncurable" chronic illnesses of "unknown origin" bs that's heard in the 21st century disgusts me. It's known all right, it's just that this information isn't good for the governments who screwed up, and the pharmaceutical companies who make billions off your continued diseased state. They just want to numb you via blocking the pathways which cause symptoms. Symptoms are either your bodies way of telling you that something is wrong (pain) or a healing reaction in progress.

Everything I mentioned contributes to cancer, and perhaps obesity (specifically HFCS). The truth is we're all diseased. We're all infected with a multitude of pathogens and toxins which our body is having a damned hard time adjusting to on the fly. Evolution has been sped up by mans actions in the last 70 years or so. The smallest of creatures are adapting the fastest and us the slowest. This is common sense considering microorganisms have the numbers and the shortest lifespans.

This is the age of transgenics. We're all mutating at incalculable rates. Why you think so many people are greying in so early? We're all aging at advanced rates. Will we make it through this? Probably so, but it seems most are doomed to live a shortened lifespan. Disease will become (already is IMO) pandemic. Eventually we'll evolve into something else entirely. That's my guess.

I read an article the other day which stated half the kids born in the 21st century are expected to get cancer before their 18th birthday! That about sums up are current situation. Insane!

[edit on 9-1-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The biggest issue western society faces is the inability to say "No". Supermarkets everywhere a filled to capacity with cheap and nasty chemical/calorie rich produce which are manufactured by large corporations at low cost, but rather than looking into healthy alternatives is something many people are to lazy to do.

Many people are too slothful to get out their pots and pans to produce something from scratch and instead head for the microwave for yet another TV meal.

The problems for the future are those apathetic parents that are bring their children up halfheartedly and start off there lives as being obese.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Not so. At all. We are talking about someone who has forgotten more than you may ever know about eating healthy. This person is no dilettante. And, they did not begin after years of unhealthy eating. It was a lifelong pursuit.

Me you might make those accusations against, if I should get cancer. I am not as religious about my dedication to healthy eating. One of the reasons I brought it up at all, is that those who believe firmly that healthy eating and lifestyle alone will prevent illness tend to be very judgmental of those who get ill. Much as you have been in regard to my friend, assuming it must have been something they did. It genuinely wasnt.

By all means live as healthily as you can. My friends dedication in that regard has helped enormously with the progression of the cancer and in quality of life. But it isnt a guarantee that you will not be stricken by cancer or other disease. While it may well be the case that vaccines or additives are somehow contributing to the level of health problems in people, they are not the SOLE cause of them.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

Even your Organic diet will not save you from the poisons in your food.
There are concoctions made with Hydrolyzed Protein that can be used as Plant Growth Stimulator, Fungacide and Insecticide.

I btch about this all the time.
I am sensitive to MSG which is what this Hydrolyzed anything is so I cannot eat even Organic veggies. I get a very bad reaction to it. Heachache, burning sensations, head fog/pressue, earaches, ringing, roaring humming, buzzing in the head, disturbed vision, dizziness, muscle cramps, muscle aches, severe sleepiness. All these in variation and different intensities depending on how much of the poison I got.

I recently got some potatoes that seem to be "clean". Next bag may be "poison". Different growers sell to the people who use their own trade name.

Also you may want to know that Citric Acid in the quanties that you may be consiming is also toxic. Last Oct 2008 the FDA approved it's use on meats...all meat, even organic. I write letters to all these people.
"Nature's Place Chicken" is CLEAN!!.
Their veggies however are not.
Publix brand Greenwise Chicken also claims to be clean...I haven't really tested it yet.
I do know that their Greenwise Beef is not.
Earthbound Products are raised in the above mention Hydrolyzed Protien.
They told me this.

If you want to know more about these items you need to search,
Glutamate Poisoning or Glutamate Toxicity. Likewise for the Citric Acid.

Who is doing it?
That is a good question. I don't know why they do this.
Do they want us all sick so they can give us Pharma poisons to mask the problem and eventually kill us or what?
Maybe they just want us to be so messed up one way or another that we won't notice or care when we find that we have Martial Law and NWO government. I don't know.

Besides my own problems, I have a pregnant grandaugter 20 years old and she thinks se knows it all. If I mention Aspartame, MSG, High Fructose Corn syrup as being bad and not to consume them she says I'm being negative.
That I always have something bad to say about something. I get this from my son too. He thinks that if this was true that the government wouldn't allow it.

If he would just shut up for a minute and listen to me instead of talking over me.....but the if he hasn't heard of it, then it isn't true. He is going to ask his Medical Deity whether there really are food allergies.

end of rant

[edit on 9-1-2010 by OhZone]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Thanks for responding, OhZone.

Yes, you still need be careful with any food. I think organic food will be corrupted like everything else sooner or later. Healthy farms will be bought up or driven out eventually. GM food seed will ultimately taint natural seed. Also, the regulation of all vitamins and nutrients in the future through Codex Alimentarius has yet to be experienced.

www.natural-health-information-centre.com...

WHAT CODEX WILL BRING

What can we expect under Codex? To give you an idea, here are some important points:
* Dietary supplements could not be sold for preventive (prophylactic) or therapeutic use.
* Potencies would be limited to extremely low dosages. Only the drug companies and the big phytopharmaceutical companies would have the right to produce and sell the higher potency products (at inflated prices).
* Prescriptions would be required for anything above the extremely low doses allowed (such as 35 mg. on niacin).
* Common foods such as garlic and peppermint would be classified as drugs or a third category (neither food nor drugs) that only big pharmaceutical companies could regulate and sell. Any food with any therapeutic effect can be considered a drug, even benign everyday substances like water.
* Codex regulations for dietary supplements would become binding (escape clauses would be eliminated).
* All new dietary supplements would be banned unless they go through Codex testing and approval.
* Genetically altered food would be sold worldwide without labeling.

Your son and granddaughter are only guilty of trusting in those handling us, Trusting that they care for our well being as if we were all in this together. This is how I believed and why, for a long time, I never questioned things. After all, why would they want to deceive me? To get people to understand things like aspartame, fluoridated water and cancerous food additives you only need convince them this fact. Tell them to suppose for a moment that the government and mainstream media are on the sides of big business and pharma. They are not on our team, but rather oppose us. Make someone understand that and then it all makes sense. When they hear accusations of their teammates they deny them, but when there of their opponents they can relate.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It only appears that people are living longer. Think for a minute and you will see that those who are living longer got their start after the industrial age had begun and life was easier and BEFORE all the poisons were added to our food and environment. It is mostly the generation that was born in the 60’s who will be the ones dropping off sooner. My son who is 51 knows a lot of people in his age bracket that have died. When I was 51, I knew of only 2...both died in air crashes.

It is difficult if not impossible to find good clean food.
I take back what I said about “Nature’s Place” chicken. I made one yesterday and have a buzzing head and total body aches from it today. They must have begun the citric acid routine.

Don Juan, the shaman source for the books of Carlos Castaneda, was so right when he said:

‘We have a predator that came from the depths of the cosmos and took over the rule of our lives. Human beings are its prisoners. The predator is our lord and master. It has rendered us docile, helpless. If we want to protest, it suppresses our protest. If we want to act independently, it demands that we don’t do so … indeed we are held prisoners.

Check out this time line…..
www.hundredyearlie.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by rapunzel222

Not so. At all. We are talking about someone who has forgotten more than you may ever know about eating healthy. This person is no dilettante. And, they did not begin after years of unhealthy eating. It was a lifelong pursuit.

Me you might make those accusations against, if I should get cancer. I am not as religious about my dedication to healthy eating. One of the reasons I brought it up at all, is that those who believe firmly that healthy eating and lifestyle alone will prevent illness tend to be very judgmental of those who get ill. Much as you have been in regard to my friend, assuming it must have been something they did. It genuinely wasnt.

By all means live as healthily as you can. My friends dedication in that regard has helped enormously with the progression of the cancer and in quality of life. But it isnt a guarantee that you will not be stricken by cancer or other disease. While it may well be the case that vaccines or additives are somehow contributing to the level of health problems in people, they are not the SOLE cause of them.

im not being judgemental at all. i got cancer myself.

i just genuinely believe stongly that it is curable.

i think that if you change your diet, get all the nutrients and minerals your body needs which it may be lacking even if you think you're being healthy, and if you move to a healthy environment free of say powerlines and with clean water etc, that it is possible to beat it.

the exception might be if you're being poisoned or made sick by a source you cannot identify or escape from, or if you got radiation sickness from chernobyl or something. but other than that, i really believe it is curable.

also, your friend may know a huge amount about healthy eating, but you do not know what i know either; and your judgement on what i know, is made wihtout knowing me.

top topics

join