It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorologist predicts global cooling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Fears of a new ice age not seen since the 1970s are arising in the aftermath of the "Climategate" scandal that has cast doubt on the legitimacy of scientific research forming the basis for the theory that mankind is causing an ultimately catastrophic rise in temperatures worldwide.

Accuweather meteorologist Joe Bastardi has produced a video suggesting the current frigid conditions in North America, Europe and Asia are very similar to the weather patterns in the 1970s that produced fears a new ice age was imminent.

In the video, Bastardi explains his theory that "weather goes in a lot of cycles, and we're going to see a lot more of the cold trending here over the next 20 or 30 years."

After predicting ice would soon cover most countries in the world, including most of the U.S., the authors wrote: "If Calder's calculations are accurate, more than half the earth's inhabitants could die of hunger, and more than a dozen countries could be wiped off the face of the earth."

(read full article here)
www.wnd.com...

I wonder how Al Gore will explain this?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well you know its an oxymoron to say there will be ice all over the place if there is Global Warming..

It makes no sense.. I am glad I like numbers cause well Global Warming is a funny concept, not the layout, just how many idiots would actually think that the earth is going to get so hot you can cook an egg on your bald friends head is just hilarious..

Anyway, I bet the polar bears are happy, soon they will have beach front property in Fl, or Ca.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

they actually already have it, i live in florida on the coast and it snowed last night. that hasn't happened in twenty years

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Can anyone ever remember seeing snow coverage in the US like this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e948c34ce718.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I keep saying it, we are headed for some really severe cold weather. Its all in the lack of Sunspots. If the Sun stays as free of spots as it has since early 2008, I am absolutely convinced we will see a year without a summer within the next 2 years, crop failures, and a global food panic.

Everyone seems to laugh at what I say, but last summer I predicted a really kick ass winter, we got it and its not even over yet. February is going to make this look like a balmy day.

I say..store food and be sure you are capable of protecting it..its going to get really cold and really mean.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

"Fears of a new ice age not seen since the "1970's"!!

LOL that kills me.

Fearmongers are the only thing in abundance!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I think a lot of people suffer from the idea that global warming necessarily means warming for everyone - I think it's really more about global weather instability.. things getting shifted out of their usual patterns, out of comfortable patterns. Unfortunately, there's a lot of error in the data we have available, since obviously if things are happening on a macroscopic scale, 100 years of recorded weather data isn't enough to figure out the difference between minor and major fluctuations. Sunspots, man made effects, global trends, it's hard to predict the future when your data about the past isn't complete enough.

Are we facing the next ice age? Are we facing tropical temperatures in the arctic? There's no really good way to tell, too many factors to take into account. All we can do is be prepared for whatever comes our way..

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Global warming... Global cooling.....
All i can say is that a climate is changing. Not the first time though. And there is nothing "globally similar" about it. Check my avatar - it is a bee nearing flower of Almond tree. That blooms month later,usually. And it was 25 degrees Celsius. In January. Rain is no where on the horizon in weather forecasts until Thursday,and even then it is a huge question.
And you guys get unusually heavy snow in lots of places were it was not seen lately.
So climate is not normal. It might be a usual global climate change. But it is not going to be "warming/cooling".
Edit - forgot to mention- photo of bee model was taken 36 hours ago.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Guys please - try and understand.

The planet is MEANT to be heading into a new ice age. The pattern and predictions for a new ice age have always been there - it is a natural cycle and that is something no scientist denies.

The critical point to understand with Global Warming is exactly that - the world is MEANT to be heading into a new ice age and yet we are getting hotter - that is how dramatic the impact of Co2 build up is. It is over riding the natural cycle at a critical time - this is WHY Professor James Lovelock is now so revered after being considered a kook for many, many years.

There are many scenarios which could play out under global warming - including the possibility of the cessation of the arctic flows - a current of water which brings warm water to the north sea and keeps northern Europe warm - this would very quickly cause things to get very, very cold.

Please at least TRY and understand what is being said.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I wonder if icebergs will form around our coastline?
Cant help but feel like the uk is the Titanic and we are surrounded by freezing waters.Got that sinking feeling.
Yes, i am subscribing to the fear,but only time will tell if my feelings are right or wrong.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I really wish debunkers would actually learn about What a rise in the average global temp means. Eventually Global warming will get so bad that it will cause a massive Ice age like cool off.

Weather will get crazy like it already is and you will see extremes in different places around the world.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The tilting of the earths axis would explain everything...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall
The tilting of the earths axis would explain everything...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No it wouldn't, however such a massive generalization could account for my perspectives on you and your inanities.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Seriously, why the hell can't people learn to speak phrases of humility? For example; "I don't know, but I seek to find the answer." Everyone and their predictions of the future, what a load of bull. I do tend to lean towards global cooling as being in our future, but even the best weather guys can't be sure about tomorrow let alone next year. Note to everyone; Stop looking for miracles and demons. Give to your neighbor as you would give to yourself if you were in their situation. And if you are able to hear it, give to Life who creates and ends all things.

join