It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in the background over the ocean in the Columbo episode

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Recently, I decided to try out Netflix. As any Netflix user knows, you can watch some videos instantly online on the Netflix site. So, I was watching Columbo season 2 - "The Most Crucial Game", and at about the 58:41 mark, I noticed what appeared to be a bright white (glowing?) object suddenly appear in the background over the ocean and then fade out again.

Now, I didn't say a flying saucer or alien craft, so lets be clear.

Anyway, I went ahead and ordered the DVD from Netflix so that I could copy that part of the episode and post on it Youtube.
Here it is:

I also decided to do a search to see if anyone else had ever noticed it and I found this site where someone had seen it and wrote about it. Scroll down to the bottom to read "Just One More Thing...From Outer Space!

Just thought I would share. Anyone with a Netflix account can go and check it out for themselves.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by NTSFR3]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Can someone please tell how to post the D@#n video

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
You need to just copy the video code at the end of the link, not the whole link.

I tried to find it through a search to help, but I was unable. To be clear, you need to copy past the part at the end, after the "=".

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This is the name of it : PETER FALK UFO.wmv

I'll keep working on it. If anyone else can find it and post it, please do - thanks

Here is the link: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NTSFR3

whish i could help my friend....

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Here's the link for the OP. yvid]TJpPFCWAf1o[/yvid

Just put the other brackets around it, and it will work.

Truthfully I think it might be an airplane that finally got close enough to be recognized by the CCD of the camera. But who knows.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Ok, got it - it's at about the 0:10 mark

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

an anomalous white blob or group of pixels appears above the head of the actor on the right at 0:10 seconds and fades after a second or so. UFO? i don't know.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
HA! what are the odds a UFO geek would find a bloody UFO on a random Columbo episode! lol. Why didnt they appear in X-files? Damn it! lol good find
S+F4U

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I don't have a copy of this television show to check for myself, so I will have to take your word that this is a genuine copy of the episode.

My first thought is that since this is an older television show and the camera technology isn't close to perfect, that the flash was a reflection. My guess is a reflection of a metal plane, or helicopter, but that would be too simple of an answer.

Ball Lightning

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I dont want to rain on anybodies parade but ......... couldn't it be a sea bird ,being as its filmed by the sea .
Just a thought

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The quality of my copy of that clip isn't great, but you can click on the
Youtube link and go to Youtube and click on full screen and see it better. The best way to see it is by watching the copy on Netflix or On DVD, which is a good bit better.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
I dont want to rain on anybodies parade but ......... couldn't it be a sea bird ,being as its filmed by the sea .
Just a thought

I dont know about a sea bird because of how fast it appears and disappears but then again i cant speculate what it is because of the short time its visible and the strange way it moved in and out. eh maybe its a astral flare. there is my thought haha

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This one is simple. Look at Columbo's coat button as he turns to his right.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
that is a good idea but if you look at it the light moves in one direction from left to right with his movement but if it was the button making the light when he turned back to the left the light would do the reverse and disappear in the same sot it appeared from in the first place.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NTSFR3

Thank you for posting your interesting video, NTSFR3.

I can see the object from 0.07 to 0.15.

It is brightest from 0.10 to 0.12.

I believe it is a plane that is being illuminated by the sun.

I believe the plane is either changing angle slightly, or their are clouds between the sun & the plane, when the plane is showing dimly from 0.07 to 0.09 & from 0.13 to 0.15.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
definitely the SMOKING GUN!! Proof that sunlight reflects off airplane windows!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by alt.conspiracy.ufo
that is a good idea but if you look at it the light moves in one direction from left to right with his movement but if it was the button making the light when he turned back to the left the light would do the reverse and disappear in the same sot it appeared from in the first place.

I couldn't come to your conclusion because in the footage we see Columbo turning to his right only. But I was hoping the footage would include him turning to his left to see if my assumption was right. You probably saw the whole segment so you know that he turned to his left and the button didn't replicate the flare. But any change in his body stance would have changed the way the light hit the button. What I see is the best possibility since it is simultaneous.

new topics

top topics

join