It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inscription indicates Kingdom of Israel existed in the 10th century BCE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Inscription indicates Kingdom of Israel existed in the 10th century BCE

Source

A breakthrough in the research of the Hebrew scriptures has shed new light on the period in which the Bible was written, testifying to Hebrew writing abilities as early as the 10th century BCE, the University of Haifa announced on Thursday. Prof. Gershon Galil of the Department of Biblical Studies at the University of Haifa recently deciphered an inscription dating from the 10th century BCE, and showed that it was a Hebrew inscription, making it the earliest known Hebrew writing.

The significance of this breakthrough relates to the fact that at least some of the biblical scriptures were composed hundreds of years before the dates presented today in research and that the Kingdom of Israel already existed at that time.

Pretty interesting report that I found and wanted to share .

As for what the deciphered text says .....

1' you shall not do [it], but worship the [Lord].

2' Judge the sla[ve] and the wid[ow] / Judge the orph[an]

3' [and] the stranger. [Pl]ead for the infant / plead for the po[or and]

4' the widow. Rehabilitate [the poor] at the hands of the king.

5' Protect the po[or and] the slave / [supp]ort the stranger.

Edit to add .. please don't think that I am posting this to bring meaning to the current ME issues , as I am not . I am posting this report based on the intreats of Ancient times and new finds .

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It's a nice find, of course there are always those detractors that insist a kingdom of Israel never existed.

More links:
Archaeologists claim discovery of oldest Hebrew writing

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb2083799b9d.jpg[/atsimg]

Photo caption: A breakthrough in the research of the Hebrew scriptures has shed new light on the period in which the Bible was written. Professor Gershon Galil of the Department of Biblical Studies at the University of Haifa has deciphered an inscription on a pottery shard discovered in the Elah valley dating from the 10th century BCE (the period of King David's reign), and has shown that this is a Hebrew inscription. The discovery makes this the earliest known Hebrew writing. The significance of this breakthrough relates to the fact that at least some of the biblical scriptures were composed hundreds of years before the dates presented today in research and that the Kingdom of Israel already existed at that time.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'm curious, how does this in anyway indicate that a united Hebrew Kingdom as described in Samuel, Judges, and Kings existed? In 1000BC, there should be countless records from neighboring kingdoms in regards to their neighbors, there are none.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by elNafa1

Then again if it didn't exist where did those stories come from? There should be records. Well the Bible would be a record, but if what's in there isn't true and that stuff didn't happen and there was no kingdom then something else did. After all, it's not like Jewish people don't exist. We know they exist so they must have an origin. They must have come from somewhere.

What was the something else and why are there are no records of that either from the neighboring kingdoms?

Like someone once said there is no evidence of the Israelites ever being in Egypt. Okay, that's possible, but if that's true then where did they come from then and where are the records? Which would be an interesting conversation, but I guess no one ever thought to ask.

However, if none of their history is true then well we'd have to believe that they popped out of nowhere one day and then made up a fake history about themselves. It's possible, but it's not the simplest most logical explanation. The most logical explanation is they simply wrote down what happened.

Now maybe that's not true, but then we have to move on to the next topic. If their entire Biblical and assume history is a fraud, what's the real story? Where did the Israelites comes from? Where did the Jewish people come from and where are the records?

[edit on 10-1-2010 by tinfoilman]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by elNafa1
I'm curious, how does this in anyway indicate that a united Hebrew Kingdom as described in Samuel, Judges, and Kings existed? In 1000BC, there should be countless records from neighboring kingdoms in regards to their neighbors, there are none.

Egypt was the only other Kingdom at that time. The Gods (Watchers) of Egypt despised the Jews, Gods people and made them as slaves so why would they keep record of them.

Notice how many Bible bashers are not here and yet they are in every other thread claiming the bible is a big conspiracy to bring about the NWO.

They are ridiculous and this once again proves they are wrong.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
there is no claim that can be made that binds one person now to that same persons view of yesterday. while they may have found something important, is what they found relevant to the claim of identity they express.further, egypt as represented in the bible and its peoples made slaves of who?slav is a new word in relation to egypt.when you know the word and its meaning you then arrive at the action the word means.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

Originally posted by elNafa1

Egypt was the only other Kingdom at that time. The Gods (Watchers) of Egypt despised the Jews, Gods people and made them as slaves so why would they keep record of them.

Notice how many Bible bashers are not here and yet they are in every other thread claiming the bible is a big conspiracy to bring about the NWO.

They are ridiculous and this once again proves they are wrong.

So does the fact that we find our that pharaohs that worshiped Ra really existed mean that Ra really existed and that Ra was God?

The fact the other religions have actual history found...does that mean that their God was the true God?

There is no proof that God, the Most High, has chosen ones. There are many stories of lower natures that tried to have chosen ones...but all belongs to God as chosen. This is where many go wrong, they follow but dont discern. They accept without seeking.

Proof that Israel existed is not proof that the OT image of god was truth.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the NWO btw.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by LeoVirgo]

[edit on 17-1-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
virgo i think you made much sense.

if god is a concept that is alien to aliens then the mention of god by aliens who take "him", are the concepts that are native to a people that has long been known and largely still pressed Imaginarily; for another concept that is never native to the original thought expressed.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Good post, thank you for it. It indeed reaffrims history. Assyrian texts and clay reciepts of all things dated about 700BC rfer to "Isakasenni" or sons of Issac...the Hebrews. The Bible records thatabout 700BC, the Assyrrians overtook the N.Kingdom of Israel. In oreder for this to happen, they would have had to have had time to establish a kingfom, have several monarchies including Saul, David, Solomen, a civil war and divide into 2 states..Israel and Judah. So, the timing of 1000BC would be about right. Archeology strikes again in proving something that for so many does not exists.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
i dont want to start an argument; but the passage of time to now with the people who now claim to be jews is not corroborative of myths of the past created by present aforementioned "jews" withstanding discrepancies in "jews" interpretation of how they are a jew.its like if i was chinese and became christian and found something that said christ existed 50 years ago; this finding would not negate me as a chinese christian but it would negate christ.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Do the facts you use to disprove other gods from being "true" apply to your god too?

Does the word of "the high one" himself, as delivered to us by the one who allegedly talked to him, count? What did he say to Moses? "I am your God and I will deliver you from Egypt for you are my chosen ones" (not an exact quote, sorry)

(edit: D*mned typos)

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Maegnas]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
maegnas there is no way you can corroborate moses with who you have corroborated for your own identity's sake as a follower of your god.

top topics

join