It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Philladelphia Eagles fans such jerks?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
So, a Philly radio personality Dave Spadaro was filmed spitting on the Dallas Cowboys Star on the 50-yard-line. And I got to thinking...Philly has some unhealthy beef with Dallas.

Examples: Buddy Ryan placing a bounty on injuring Dallas Players:

en.wikipedia.org...

Philly fans throwing snowballs (with batteries inside them) at Dallas Players:

AND now....spitting on the Dallas star:

There are many more instances of Philly & their fans acting inappropriately...but, this should be sufficient to kick off the discussion.

So, anyone from Philly want to discuss this? What is the reasoning? I know the people of Philly have to be good at heart, but why do the Cowboys invoke this nastiness? Is it our winning tradition? Is it something we (Dallas) did? What Gives?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Why are Philladelphia Eagles fans such jerks?

It is a serious medical condition.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
*UMMM..I can see this won't bode well with a couple people here...:shk:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
There's a reason why they call Philly the city of brotherly shove.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Probably not confined to Philthydelphia but we do tend to have more than our share.
We even have a stadium with a court right inside, for your judicial pleasure.

I'd be perfectly ok with shipping all sports teams (and the Mummers) to South America or somewhere else, but I can't get much traction on that idea.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
And it continues....

BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Police are investigating a reported assault on a 27-year-old Lehigh Valley woman as she was going to the convenience store Friday night.

Jamie Wert said she was wearing a Dallas Cowboys football shirt with quarterback Tony Romo's name and number on the back while walking on Spruce Street in Bethlehem.

That's when she says she was approached by two men wearing Philadelphia Eagles jerseys.

When one of them said, "Hey, Romo," she turned around and was struck with something that cut her face.

"I had blood running down my neck, all down the front of my shirt," Wert told Fox 29 News. "When I came home I had to wash everything off. It was scary."

Wert said the attack shook her up but also made her even more determined to show her Dallas pride, including a sign hanging over the front porch that says, "Kill the Birds," and "Go Cowboys."

Police said they're now looking for the two men wearing the Eagles shirts in connection with the assault, although the woman couldn't give them much of a description.

www.myfoxphilly.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Police searching for two men wearing Eagles jerseys in Pennsylvania? That should narrow it down.

Peace

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Police searching for two men wearing Eagles jerseys in Pennsylvania? That should narrow it down.

Peace

That's exactly what I thought. And I imagine looking for 2 men in Eagles jerseys with blood on them wouldn't help narrow it down either.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
It awful that someone would hit another person just because that person is a fan of another team.

NFL Shop

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Tiffany87]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Auggie get real !! Every sports team has their jerkoff fans and their good fans..I am a diehard EAGLES fan that has seen his share of crazy fan abuse from throwing # to degrading insults to all out fights and that is in manys arenas around the country.As for the snowball incedent that was 10 years ago at least..Come on ,come up with something new!! As far as Dallas fans well the thing is this , their is a lot of bandwagon Dallas fans that live in the tri-state area that drive EAGLES fans nuts with the Americas team logo,super bowl rings,and just pompus ass attitude..come to think off it i am one of the PHILLY fans that hates most dallas fans cause i hate the stinkin cowgirls just like i hate the giants and the deadskins plus even though they left are divison i aslo hate cardinals ..I root for all these teams to fall and fall hard!!Just remember their are dushbags in every arena in all sports on all lands of this earth so beware when walking into any arena with the other teams jersey on!!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiffany87
It awful that someone would hit another person just because that person is a fan of another team.

NFL Shop

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Tiffany87]

It's not near as bad as Soccer hoolaganism, it's a smaller thing. For example, you're a season ticket holder, and you make friends with those seated around you right? You hear that they went to a game in Oakland and were jumped and beaten, right? Six weeks later Oakland is coming to mile high, if you're a young, drunk football fan you'll probably end up fighting. It's just another excuse for young males to be violent, nothing too serious except in Oakland.

top topics

join