It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Nixon destroy mankinds only hope for Utopia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I am an avid History Channel buff and was watching the other day, i had smoked some reefer and had a moment of what i can only call clarity when i had learned that is was Richard Nixon who had actually put many of the "drugs" that were used during woodstock and the whole "Hippie Era" on the Federal Narcotics list.

I then began to think, a big part of our country died with Kennedy the day that he was assassinated in 1963. Soon after Nixon was elected president (1969) while we were in Vietnam. Soon after that the protests and woodstock started to come about. The "Hippies", though many homeless and starving, were using many "drugs" at the time, namely '___' and marijuana.

Woodstock (also in 1969) then came and seemed almost to be a Utopian like event. There was nothing but peace and love and of course the drugs that allowed them to free their minds and return to mother nature without the need for all the materialistic items we strive to obtain today.

Nixon declares war on drugs in 1972 and crushes the "Hippies" fuel to enlightenment.

It might seem a bit farfetched, but i believe that kennedy was assassinated to pave the way for nixon to become president as Nixon was Vice President until 1961.

Nixon saw and understood that the "Hippies" were starting to catch on and if everyone was into peace, love and nature then who would buy the useless crap people have to buy in order to support our Economy and thus our Country? Is it possible that Nixon outlawed drugs in order to kill off the "Hippies" and prevent mankind from creating a Utopia on Earth?

please tell me what you think.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by kraig87]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kraig87

I don't think the mentioning of that certain substance is always condoned on this site :O..

Nixon, was a man of many vices, corruption and facism to say the least, but of his real achievements, there were many which paved the way for peace in the cold war.

He was the first president to recognize, establish diplomatic relations with, and visit the peoples republic of china. Beforehand china had always viewed america as hostile. He also enacted the first treatise to reduce nuclear proliferation.

Anyhoo, i think the big thing about woodstock was about how it showed protest and dissent can make real movements for positive change politically.

There have been many concerts held to raise issues or aid since.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I'd buy this. Drugs are as bad to the Powers-That-Be as the internet is to them.

Once people take certain drugs to expand their minds, they usually aren't the same people anymore because once they realize the existence of different dimensions that exist perhaps even if it is only in their minds, their current reality seems primitive by comparsion.

Yeah, the machinations of the Nation HAD to keep going, money HAD to be made, and you cannot fill a nation with useless garbage with a workforce of disinterested people who are more interested in fantastical drug-induced realities.

So, after Nixon, thousands of years of use or manufacture of natural plants for drugs ended in about 10-20 years. By the 80's, money and power were in vogue and people caught carrying a slim joint were sent to prision for years to slave for the military-industrial-prison complex.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
As we all know the war on drugs is a farce that only hurts people and enriches gangs and corrupt governments.
As for Woodstock being a Utopia without all the materialistic BS, it wasn't.
Take a look at all the trash they left behind. Don;t forget theyre wouldnt have been any rock music without good ole electricity. It was fun but somewhat delusional.
Nixon didn;t stop utopia, he came in at a very bad time for America. He may have broken some rules but what president hasn't? Newsflash: Nixon had NO foreknowledge of watergate and was set up by Bush and others in the CIA and republican party, who'da guessed?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
As we all know the war on drugs is a farce that only hurts people and enriches gangs and corrupt governments.
As for Woodstock being a Utopia without all the materialistic BS, it wasn't.
Take a look at all the trash they left behind. Don;t forget theyre wouldnt have been any rock music without good ole electricity. It was fun but somewhat delusional.
Nixon didn;t stop utopia, he came in at a very bad time for America. He may have broken some rules but what president hasn't? Newsflash: Nixon had NO foreknowledge of watergate and was set up by Bush and others in the CIA and republican party, who'da guessed?

Hmm, good point, i seem to have forgotten what woodstock looked like after it was over, a trash dump. Well, maybe it was simply the enlightenment that was knocked back with the "war on drugs" from the looks of things though obama might actually do some good and give the people back their right to the Cannabis plant. perhaps the future will not be so glum with that.. at least not to though under the influence at least heh.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by countercounterculture
Nixon, was a man of many vices, corruption and facism to say the least, but of his real achievements, there were many which paved the way for peace in the cold war.

Just cannot let this one go... Get a dictionary and look up the word fascist. Nixon was not a fascist. Although I agree with the rest of what you said.

To topic. Drugs. A third of the UK population has taken drugs, although the rates vary according to the source. Most people who take drugs do it recreationally and they naturally "grow out" of it.

However, the problem is not the casual use, but the misuse and dependency on drugs which is the problem and before any of you say "well that's not a problem", I suggest you take a cold, hard look at the consequences of misuse on the person, their families and the wider society.

The UK has fairly liberal drugs laws, which I think recognises and differentiates the "casual" use and the harmful abuse.

You can have Utopia without drugs, although probably not without wine or real ale. Hippies were merely a social expression of the time and most grew up and got jobs.

Regards

top topics

join