It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman on a shooting rampage in St. Louis USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This is just another of the shooting incidents. People think they can kill innocent people with guns and just go about shooting people. The gunman has not yet been caught and is still in the building.

A gunman armed with an assault rifle has killed one person and injured four more at a factory in the city of St Louis, Missouri, US police said.

Reports say workers at the ABB Power factory are hiding in offices and on the roof awaiting rescue.

Police say the gunman is still at large. The plant has been sealed off and local roads closed.

Source: news.bbc.co.uk...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 7-1-2010 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I feel bad for the people that died and their families, but I believe that more and more of these kinds of stories will appear, in order to try and disarm America.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It's easy to hate these people and feel bad for the innocent, but nobody's innocent. We're all in this together and play our roles according to the mechanics of the universe. The less people are aware of the subtlties in the causes of things in thier- everyone's surroundings, the more outburts like this will occur due to building up of unvented energies. it's just a more visual version of the unspoken wars we wage with each other when the wrong people are locked in a room together.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This is the first I've heard of it..

S+F for ATS being there when news breaks!!

Hopefully they catch him..

If not, this could inspire all sorts of crazies to flip out in public.

Let's hope not

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nasdack24k

Oops! Just read that he took his own life.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Fire Department spokesman Bob Keuss identified the shooter as Timothy Hendron of Webster Groves. Dotson said Hendron is an employee of the plant.
In 2006, Hendron and other ABB workers sued the company over retirement losses. The federal lawsuit accused ABB and its pension-review committee of causing their 401(k) accounts to include investment options with "unreasonable and excessive" — and undisclosed — fees and expenses. The suit went to trial Tuesday in Kansas City.

KMOX radio said Herndon was an assembly-line worker who had been employed by the company for 23 years. The Post-Dispatch said Herndon's federal lawsuit reported against ABB's pension review committee alleged "breach of fiduciary duty." The complaint alleged a "campaign of non-disclosure, concealment and misrepresentation" that resulted in "excessive fees and expenses from their 401(k) accounts." It claimed the plaintiffs had "suffered financial losses and damages, and have been deprived of the opportunity to receive market returns."

Word of Herndon's alleged involvement in the shooting stunned his neighbors in Webster Groves, an upscale St. Louis suburb. Many neighbors described Herndon as an amicable family man who kept a well-manicured home for his wife and small boy. "I couldn't ask for a better neighbor. We never had any problems with him," said Glennon Meyer, a 71-year-old retiree who credits Herndon with friendly gestures ranging from raking Meyer's leaves to bringing over a chocolate cake last Christmas. A few years ago, Meyer said, Herndon mentioned something in passing about having problems on the job. Herndon didn't elaborate. "Gee, I've talked to Tim many times, and he never exhibited any mental aberration," Meyer said. Ron Hawkins, who lives across the street from Herndon's split-level home, echoed that. "He seems like a really nice guy," said Hawkins, 72. "I know nothing negative about he and the family."

SOURCE -MSNBC

[edit on 1/7/2010 by nasdack24k]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nasdack24k

It's being talked about on here since around 8:30am this morning...

More information and links here:
Above Top Secret

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I hate when they say "assault rifle" ... out of all the gun shops iv visited to browse or targeting ranges....... I have never once seen an "assault rifle" ..

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Mental aberration? LMAO! Yeah the guy got pissed off because someone tried to tear him a new one regarding his hard earned money and he's all of a sudden a mental case?

The guy was pissed off at seeing someone i..e in this case his company steal his money. Unfortunately innocent life was taken. 200 years ago if someone tried to steal your money and you killed them you'd be called a hero. LOL! Nowadays everyone is a stark raving lunatic who stand up for their rights. Innocent people should NEVER be killed but I can't say this guy was a walking mental case. That's silly. I think you'll be seeing A LOT more pissed off people as the economy gets worse.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by x2Strongx

I missed that!
Thanks

join