It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can't copy mp3s?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
so i recently fixed up my desktop (thanks to dr. know and zzub :hail
but so i went to copy mp3s that i had on my laptop over to it. i put about 200 songs on a cd and copied them from that to the desktop... but when i go to play some of the songs all i hear is this scrambled jibberish that hurts my ears. so i was wondering, is there any way around this or do i have to copy over the songs from the actual cds to that computer too? thanks.

[Edited on 5/25/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Only some of the songs make this noise. Hmmm. It sounds like codec issue. Do you remember installing any specific MP3 Codec on the laptop, or any mp3 software that encodes mp3's, etc.

Possibly (and this really is a stab in the dark) it sound like you were using a paid-for codec before (installed with a specific product) and now you are using the LAME mp3 codec or possibly just a different one. I've read before that some free mp3 codecs, like the LAME one, don't fully support every bit-rate, etc.

Perhaps they wewre recodred at a bitrate your current codec doesn't support. Have you installed the software you used to rip the mp3's on the new machine?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
try playing the mp3's with winamp

download from winamp.com

winamp supports a lot of codecs.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
also check out the filesize of the songs. On average if its less than 3 megabytes, then its a copying problem.

Also copy the mp3s using the latest version of Nero which can be downloaded using a p2p app.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
i copied the mp3s to the laptop using windows media player 9 and would play them with that. i have the same media player on the desktop. al the mp3s would play fine on the laptop, and the files are the same on the cd, pc, and laptop... so i donno. the music plays for about 7-20 seconds and the goes entire scrambled. i think that when the singer starts singing is about when the songs go weird.

new topics

top topics

join