It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerald Celente on 2010 Forecast "It's not a recovery, it's a cover up."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Jan 6, 2010
The latest interview with Gerald Celente on Fox.

Gerald Celente, Director and founder of The Trends Research Institute®, is the pioneer in forecasting, analyzing, and MANAGING trends. Celente designed and currently teaches the first professional course in trend tracking. Using his unique perspectives on current events forming future trends he developed the Globalnomic® methodology which is used to forecast and manage trends.
Gerald Celente is also known as Dr Doom and the Nostradamus of Modern Times , Gerald Celente is regarded as one of the foremost trend predictors in the world. This author of Trends 2000 and Trend Tracking, and publisher of The Trends Journal, is frequently a guest on television news and talk show programs. The New York Post said "if Nostradamus were alive today, he'd have a hard time keeping up with Gerald Celente."

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Oh this is bad, mostly it comes out of someone like Gerald Celente.
My suggestion, learn D.I.Y How to farm and plant your own foods and fix things around your house.

S&F, thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Or just keep living your life.

Who says people like this are the oracle?

They are not.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

The New York Post said "if Nostradamus were alive today, he'd have a hard time keeping up with Gerald Celente."

Hmmm. Nostradamus never predicted anything specific so that's hardly a compliment.

Celente apparently did predict the crash of 2008 along with several gold trends, but that doesn't mean he's always right.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by john124]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Celente isn't Dr. Doom...

That's Ed Dames.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Mostly I agree with Celente but I think he has 2 things wrong; I don't see trade barriers going up with China since they hold the purse strings on the US foreign debt. Beijing is in a postition to tell us what to do.
A trend towards elegance and beauty? huh? What have we been doing all along? I see a trend towards simplicity rather than ostentatiousness perhaps but I don't see that as being particularly meaningful in itself.
He also failed to specify the source of the upcoming crash of 2010. Why will it happen and where will it start? I think it is coming, in fact I thought it was going down last fall. They have plugged the holes in the economic dike by printing more money which must eventually cause a fall in value of the dollar. Hyperinflation is coming folks,, pay off what you can especially your house or cars or you may not be able to keep them. If you can save money, don't have it all invested in USD. Invest some in foreign currencies to guarantee against being totally wiped out.
Also buy a firearm and learn how to use it, people will be getting desperate just for the basics like food, water and medicine. A concealed carry permit may serve you well also. Whatever happens I hope humans as a species don;t fall in to the age old trap of making war to take what others have, maybe this is the time where we will figure out peaceful ways of addressing human needs. That's my hope anyway.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Just my neighborhood observation-other than the policemen who live in my neighborhood-my husband has a job but nobody else doe's. Everybody I know but a few that you can count on one hand is on unemployment. And has been on unemployment ranging from two years to one at the least with no jobs in the forseeable future. Indiana dosen't offer much these days. People are looking to other states for jobs and relocating if they are lucky to do so. So how can this guy be wrong on his predictions-I myself see collapse in the forseeable future and a whole lotta crime-people want to make an honest living but soon they might have to do otherwise and that is grim.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
A trend towards elegance and beauty? huh? What have we been doing all along? I see a trend towards simplicity rather than ostentatiousness perhaps but I don't see that as being particularly meaningful in itself.

Not really. Mediocrity has been the trend these past few decades. People would rather wear jeans and flip-flops instead of dressing up when going out.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Hmmm. Nostradamus never predicted anything specific so that's hardly a compliment.

Nostradamus made 24 specific (with dates) predictions. They were all wrong.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
As far as specifics on how we will have a collapse, I suggest looking at past interviews with Celente.
Try Trends Research Institute: www.trendsresearch.com...

or

Gerald Celente's Blog Spot: geraldcelentechannel.blogspot.com...

new topics

top topics

join