It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking: "The Human Species Has Entered a New Stage of Evolution"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Steven is right up there with the genocidals and globalists and perhaps the pope too.

Why should i listen to him????

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

in order to have ethics you need to be alive first as its only preception that is giving you them.

That is why animals "only humans" dont have morals.

makes you wonder why?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Yeah the big gaping hole in science is ECOLOGY. Ecology was not considered a science until DNA analysis kicked in.

Even still ecology was funded by the Atomic Energy Commission, etc.

Which is highly ironic -- the concept of "evolution" developed along with the industrial revolution.

Everyone is so enamored by the internet, cell phones, etc. but guess what?

There's about 20 years left of freshwater on the planet.

20,000 kids die every day from nutrition-related disease.

In 50 years the Earth will have experienced an ecological extinction rate faster than the last mass extinction of the dinosaurs.

So how can science even talk about "evolution" -- unless they want to ignore ecology!

Nope -- humans are still dependent on ecology to maintain our cycling of fresh water -- the Amazon is the BRAIN of the planet - well the equatorial rain forests. But we're replacing the Amazon with SOYBEAN FARMS -- how intelligent is that?

But then it is progress right -- otherwise China couldn't feed its pigs and Europe couldn't feed its chickens. Plus Cargill and the Rockefellers are planning our "evolution" by destroying the Amazon. How convenient.

The University of Minnesota was the global leader in eugenics back in the 1930s -- "growing the man crop" is what they called it -- and it's where Cargill is based as well -- the top food agribusiness company who banks with Chase Manhattan. Rockefeller's Green Revolution set up Cargill in Brazil.

So yeah -- that's evolution for you. Destroy ecology, the basis of evolution. Michael Soule, a top conservation biologist, declared 15 years ago that ALL LARGE MAMMALS HAVE STOPPED EVOLVING.

No one has even heard of Michael Soule! haha. No - instead we hear that ecology is a conspiracy! It is indeed because the biggest super computer in the world could never "model" the Amazon -- ecology is too complex in its connections. Still science claims Nature can be replaced with "synthetic biology" -- Richard Dawkins is big on this -- if we can just harness Sacred Platonic Geometry a la Buckfullerenes then we can create NanoSilica implants -- guess what.

The nano-silica implants which will finally solve the "symmetry" problem of silica -- (you need asymmetric for Artificial Life -- just read Dawkins) -- well -- it's made from SOYBEANS. I kid you not.

Yep evolution -- read this

nonduality.com... The Actual Matrix Plan expose is based on the structural trajectory of the mathematics. Hawking is right -- because he has no choice. Accept the logic of mathematics and the transformation of Earth's ecology comes with it -- along with a free knife set.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I agree with his this theory but I also belive that there is credence in the idea that around 15% of the 'human' population are equiped with the 'gift' of psychic thought and special abilities where as the rest languishing with a foot still in a past. The whole 2012 concept seems to me to be a resonate with me with regards to human advancement. Will we have an Arthur C. Clarke style 2001 epiphany remains to be seen.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I think some are missing the point Mr hawkins is making!

1) We are machines our self -
2) Every think we make and do is because we are alive
3) Everything that you see around you that is MAN made is in fact a by product of life its self "exstention" of it

4) DNA in humans is important for us to "evolve" quicker .. Basicaly there comes a time when LIFE will indeed REPLICATE LIFE.. WE are going to use what we was given to DO SO

They say life has a habbit of showing up in the least expected places.. Yes indeed it does..

look at your pc.. basic brain nuts and bolts works just like you..

It even has words

Memory

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I think this guy is seriously trippin'. Evolution is always happening, and it went into overdrive when we hit the nuclear age, and invented plastics. Recently it got bumped up a notch with GM-agrobacterium and nanotechnology. We're fast approaching a singularity, but I don't think it has anything to do with mechanics.

Besides, it's not just us who are evolving. In fact, pathogens are evolving the fastest. Plants are evolving the next fastest. Then we got animals, who seem to be way behind. We're definitely going to be something else in no time flat, if we make it through this at all. Remember, we've got nearly 7 billion of us, but that's nothing compared to microorganisms. All that's needed is a few superbugs working in tandem with heavy metals, nanotechnology, prions, stealth viruses, etc..and we're long gone!

Something's coming up. It's obvious by the apparent apathy which is everywhere. People are shutting off emotionally as we get overtaken by these critters. I dare say we will make it through in numbers even close to what's out rite now. This supposed new technological revolution won't get a foot hold, if things keep up at it's current pace.

Watch it. We can't stop what's coming next !!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

you cant stop life..

and thats a fact.. it gave birth to you

a machine is a repoduction of LIFE made BY LIFE

i think you miss the key part here

YOUR ALIVE > MACHINE > LIFE

we are what we create.. and we are indeed going to make a new LIFE

because thats how it has been and always will be

humans are outdated.. everyone knows that..

[edit on 8-1-2010 by 13579]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
considering everything in the universe abides by the law of gradual development i dont really see what all the "HOOPLAH" is about. jeez, just live people. yes its interesting, no doubt about it. but what else is to be expected from the human race? go humans!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join