It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sherlock Holmes and the New World Order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Just watched Sherlock Holmes the movie. i had NO idea they featured something about a secret society and so much about the NWO. while watching the movie my jaw nearly touched the floor.
i was most amazed when lord Blackwood was giving his speech: "i will create a new world"
and when he was speaking to his followers: "we will control them through their fears"

...not to mention all the signs and symbols about the secret societies.

but what i couldn't understand is that sherlock holmes proves the society as fake and brings down the great plan. shouldn't hollywood make it the other way around?
what's the movie's message?

anyway, its a great movie.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I saw this movie just a few days ago,and their WAS symbolism and secret societies! i never suspected that the movie would have any of that either
but its clear to me that with all the NWO hints in there,there has to be SOME KIND of hidden message behind it. am i right?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Yeah, I saw this movie just last night, and it was actually one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. The plot felt like something Doyle could have written, though the lead characters were a bit different than the stories, which I have actually read :p (though that is mostly just the differences in people now as opposed to 100 years ago, I think)

I don't think there was any sort of secret messages in this movie, though. However, if you disagree with me, I will give you some ammunition :p The Sherlock Holmes author, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, was interested in spiritualism, occultism, eugenics, and some of the parts of what we now think of as the NWO.

I did do a bit of a double take as well at that line by Blackwood 'I will create a new world'. Again, I don't think it was a secret message, only that the writers are people like us
Good writers are generally quite smart and observant, and they see what is going on in the world, and they can't help but use it in their stories.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I just saw the movie. Couple things that i noticed besides what was already stated was the use of alchemy to fake the death of blackwood. I have made a thread about Jesus going to India and i believe he did something similar to blackwood.. faking his death by use of medicine/alchemy.

They ended the movie right while Holmes was explaining how he faked the death, leaving that bit for the sequel.

Also the raven is Morioriti, sorry if i spoiled that for anyone. It was pretty obvious to me that the Raven is a shapeshifter because the raven always came into the scene during the murders.

Ravens are also the smartest birds in the animal kingdom. Some fun raven facts that support my theory!

en.wikipedia.org...

Common Ravens have been observed to manipulate others into doing work for them, such as by calling wolves and coyotes to the site of dead animals. The canines open the carcass, making it more accessible to the birds.[57] They watch where other Common Ravens bury their food and remember the locations of each other's food caches, so they can steal from them. This type of theft occurs so regularly that Common Ravens will fly extra distances from a food source to find better hiding places for food.[59] They have also been observed pretending to make a cache without actually depositing the food, presumably to confuse onlookers.

Common Ravens are known to steal and cache shiny objects such as pebbles, pieces of metal, and golf balls. One theory is that they hoard shiny objects to impress other ravens.

And if i piqued your intrest on the raven, feel free to read this article!

findarticles.com...

Brainy Birds - If birds went to school, ravens would be at the head of the class

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The secret society wasn't fake in Sherlock Holmes, their power was fake. Well not fake necessarily but it was completly scientific, decodeable and defeatable. In the end, Blackwood was defeated.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Most of the older movies had the same type of "mad scientist wants to conquer the world" type of plot. I wouldn't take anything more out of this than a homage to the 1930s and 1940s movie plots.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

kepler
Just watched Sherlock Holmes the movie. i had NO idea they featured something about a secret society and so much about the NWO. while watching the movie my jaw nearly touched the floor.
i was most amazed when lord Blackwood was giving his speech: "i will create a new world"
and when he was speaking to his followers: "we will control them through their fears"

...not to mention all the signs and symbols about the secret societies.

but what i couldn't understand is that sherlock holmes proves the society as fake and brings down the great plan. shouldn't hollywood make it the other way around?
what's the movie's message?

anyway, its a great movie.

heya just wondering which movie is this exactly?

top topics

join