It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this proof that aliens have visited and communicated with us before?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
When I say Is this proof that aliens have visited and communicated with us before? I am referring to a certain African tribe called the dogon people. What’s special about the dogon people is that they possess incredible astronomical knowledge, more specifically around Sirius.

The dogon people are of Egyptian descent and the people’s astronomical knowledge dates back to around 3,200 BC and According to their traditions, the star Sirius has a companion star which is invisible to the human eye and has as orbit of around 50 years. But if it’s invisible how they could they have possibly known about it? And how long its orbit is.

The most fascinating thing about what the dogon people claimed about Sirius is that’s it’s all completely true which is odd for a tribe who completely lacked any astronomical tools. The dogon’s also explain that an alien race which they called the Nommos visited Earth and gave them this Information.

According to the Dogon’s (who have passed down this information throughout their history) these creatures were ugly, amphibious beings that resembled mermen and mermaids. Strangely enough they appear in Babylonian, Accadian, and Sumerian myths and the Egyptian Goddess Isis, who is sometimes depicted as a mermaid, is also linked with the star Sirius.

Apparently the Nommos landed on a spinning “Ark” which made “great noise and wind” and the Nommos go on to give information about our own solar system to the Dogon’s specifically that the planet Jupiter has four major moons, that Saturn has rings and that the planets orbit the sun.

These are fascinating people with some extraordinary claims but could it be proof that we have actually been visited by extraterrestrials that have actually landed and communicated with us?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

It could mean contact. There could be another explanation, they could have gotten the information through telepathy. They could have read someone's mind from that star system.

Just because you are human doesn't eliminate the possibility of info transfer with another species at some distant location.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
What’s special about the dogon people is that they possess incredible astronomical knowledge, more specifically around Sirius.[/QUOTE]

en.wikipedia.org...

Explains where they got their information from - it was not aliens...

The dogon’s also explain that an alien race which they called the Nommos visited Earth and gave them this Information.

Not alien

en.wikipedia.org...

but could it be proof that we have actually been visited by extraterrestrials that have actually landed and communicated with us?

not really

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Do you have a source or link to this information?

Is it ok to write a one line post, if the question is direct and to the point?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

intriguing indeed.... i have always been fascinated by the dogon myth..... hidden meanings by laird scranton is mind boggling.....

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Dave.Las.Vegas.Promotions

Ah thats my fault....

Heres a few
www.unmuseum.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">The Dogon, the Nommos and Sirius B
Dogon and Sirius
Dognoi & Nommo
The Mythology of Dogon people

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
mer⋅maid
  /ˈmɜrˌmeɪd/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [mur-meyd]

–noun
1. (in folklore) a female marine creature, having the head, torso, and arms of a woman and the tail of a fish.
2. a highly skilled female swimmer.
Origin:
1300-50; ME mermayde. See mere 2 , maid

That long ago they wouldn't have used the word mermaid !

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
IssacKoi did an indepth examination of the Dogon-Alien Connection, Dogon Alien “Mystery” Demystified. It is best summed up with a quote from Carl Sagan regarding the mystery...

“There are too many loopholes, too many alternative explanations for such a myth to provide reliable evidence of past extraterrestrial contact”

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
Apparently the Nommos landed on a spinning “Ark” which made “great noise and wind”

Could be a helicopter.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Helicopter?? Thousands of years ago??

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
i am so tired of the moronic notion people came up with. there is nothing remotely close.. IF YOU RREAD THE BLOODY TEXT that relates the gods of Sumeria Akadia or DEFINITELY BABYLONIAN that says anything about amphibious lizard people.. GOD I HATE YOU STITCHEN! THe fact is... the Anunnaki created us in their image.. where do you think the jews, christians and muslims came up with that? Do the research instead of relying on what tom jones tells you.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
There are many stories from around the world like this, The Zulu Tribe from Africa have similar story and so do some of the Native American Indians, all from around the same time period. So it would seem that its not just from the Sumatrans that this information has come.

the following video is part 1 of 13, I know its David Ike, but i like him, moreover he is talking to a Zulu Shaman called Credo Mutwa, and he has a really good story to tell, so even if you don't like David have a listed to what Credo has to say on the subject, very interesting indeed.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
there are many stories like this yes. The ZUlu people actually believe the gods turned away from them. They created and were ashamed of the creation because the "god" that was supposed to create them was too drunk, so his brother had to steal the job. etc. They refer mainly to the spirits to talk to the gods for them because they believed they could not get through. (hence voudon, and Santaria the same thing but altered to hide within, the saints of the dominant religion) They like the sumerians did not have lizard like gods. It wasnt until Indea, Egypt, South America and early Mexico that we started seeing the gods. or aspects of the gods with animal heads and bodies and what not. I do respect Stitchen as he pretty much founded the ancient astronaught theory, but the guy is still a quack when it came to cuniform.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
why are so few thread starters checking for pre-existing discussions before posting? COME ON! It's insulting and clogs up the board unnecessarily.

The Dogon tribe has to have been discussed ad nauseum on every conspiracy or hidden knowledge site in existence.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by spookfish]

top topics

join