It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Lawyer, Refuses To Pay Bank Of America Credit Card, Threatens To Sue

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

This sounds like it came from a text book. Are you copying out of your economics text? I mean if you are, you might wanna consider the source.

If you care to answer any of the questions I have posed in this thread OR respond to actual content posted, I am all ears.

Granted I'm sure larger branches kept more on hand, but the fact remains if you want to physically take your from the bank, you will have to wait for them to order it from the FED.

You are talking about physical cash --- actual bills and coinage. Your average retail bank only keeps on hand their expected volume of bills and coinage needed for day-to-day operations.

First, most people don't have $200,000 in the bank. If they do, it's usually in a Certificate of Deposit with a specific maturity date. And this is typically a retiree - not a Las Vegas high roller.

Secondly, people don't walk around with $200,000 in cash. It's too dangerous. They'll simply wire the money to another institution.

Again, the only way to fight this disease is on terms they understand. They are abusing people. Plain and simple. Bank of America is the top offender, but there are others.

For every instance of bad press by a big "bad" bank like BOA, I can give you dozens of press articles of borrowers that committed MAJOR fraud against banks.

Borrowers such as this crooked lawyer are a prime example of what's wrong with this country. People have this entitlement philosophy that they are entitled to free credit, free mortgages, etc. This arrogant, insolent attitude is the problem.

Do you honestly think that the banks want to have customers such as this lawyer? Of course not. They are a pain in the neck. The bank wants loan customers that pay on time, every month, and meet the obligations of the signed loan contract. Anything else is just a hassle.

We had an epidemic of mortgage fraud committed against banks in this country. Banks lost out, big time. Banks were defrauded by bogus loan applications, falsified credit reports, inflated income on loan applications, etc.

Funny how Americans never complained during the years of easy credit and loosey-goosey lending criteria. Now that the banks have been defrauded and burned, they blame the banks, not the borrowers! How screwy is that?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join