It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google unveils Nexus One 'superphone'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Google unveils Nexus One smartphone

www.cnn.com

At a 1 p.m. ET event, the company presented the phone.

"Nexus One is where Web meets phone," said Google's Mario Quedas.

The announcement puts Google, which before relied on other companies to make the phones that ran its Android operating system, head-to-head with the darling of the market, Apple's
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-1-2010 by l neXus l]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalise it

[edit on 6 Jan 2010 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
this phone, from what it sounds like, seems pretty amazing, i have been waiting for a long time, for a phone to come out that rivals the iphone and hopefully this one will do it, so please enjoy the article, i know i did,
i currently have the HTC Hero for sprint, and i love the phone, personally i think it is better than the Iphone already, but hopefully this new Nexus One will do it, the only thing i hope they allow, is that you can save apps to the micro sd and not just the internal memory

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
if its pretty i will totally buy it XD
and the rest of my family uses the iphones and i hate them so much.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
There is no other phone out there that would make me get rid of my beloved iPhone. I have never had a problem with anything on my phone. I love it! I have seen the Droid and ehhh not for me. I am also a die hard Apple fan so that might make me a little bias

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I have to admit that I love the idea behind Live Wallpaper... I just wish that 2.0 would come out for the g1 as well...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I own the iPhone killer. It's the Motorola Droid.
From brief inspection, the Google phone will be largely the same thing, only not subsidized, therefore very expensive.

They're not kidding when they say that Verizon is a great network. I have used them for about 8 years and have not had a dropped call. Coverage is everywhere.

The Droid itself is an amazing little piece of technology. Ask questions if you have any.
A great place for information on anything Android is androidforums.com

top topics

join