It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolivia refuses to be U.S. slave: VP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Bolivia refuses to be U.S. slave: VP

news.xinhuanet.com

The Bolivian government said on Monday that it refuses to blindly cater to the economic or political desires of the United States.

"We do not want a market in exchange for them (Americans) telling us who must be the master. We do not want tax preference in exchange for them telling us what must be our economic policy, because that will make us become a slave and a colony again," Garcia said.

"When he (Obama) learns to recognize that the world is a community of sovereign states, which vo
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Okay i wrote a big response to this, but damn
clicked on submit and something weird happened.

don't feel like writing it again.

Bolivian-U.S. ties were frozen since September 2008, when La Paz expelled U.S. Ambassador Philip Goldberg for allegedly interfering with internal affairs, and Washington took the same retaliatory measure.

This incident also had consequences in the commercial area, as the Obama administration decided to extend Bolivia's suspension from tax benefits of the Andean Trade Promotion and Drug Eradication Act.

Former U.S. President Bush suspended Bolivia's benefits because he said the South American country was not sufficiently helping the fight against drug trafficking.

news.xinhuanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Yes, Bolivia would rather be a slave to Venezuela than the US. Good! what is your point? Post and run with no opinion.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Anytime you hear hyperbolic rhetoric like this it means simply that they are posturing for internal effect.

Nothing more to see here other than politics as usual.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

"Okay i wrote a big response to this, but damn

"

Thats what the poster said and i can totally agree witht he poster. I've written many things sometimes pages of info or opinions, and then you click send and it messes up and disappears. I nearly cried once. I was writing for a good hour and it happened.

Anyway it's news and i like it. To me there doesn't need to be an opinion even though stated int he rules and would get the posts flowing a bit more.

I wonder what was said to the ambassadors and to Bolivian leadership to get them to react this way. Probably the US treating other countries like they are worthless pawns and trying to use them for the USA's own advantage, ie trying to bully a free trade agreement or something ...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Good for them, it is unsurprising that America considers itself the leader of the world, what is surprising is many countries willingness to bend over for a bit of obama.
With the new policies and copenhagen having tried to destroy most countries ability to develope I cant believe other countries have to set up allances in order to bring down the tyranus reign of the ignorant stronghold.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
reply to post by jibeho

"Okay i wrote a big response to this, but damn

"

Thats what the poster said and i can totally agree witht he poster. I've written many things sometimes pages of info or opinions, and then you click send and it messes up and disappears. I nearly cried once. I was writing for a good hour and it happened.

Anyway it's news and i like it. To me there doesn't need to be an opinion even though stated int he rules and would get the posts flowing a bit more.

I wonder what was said to the ambassadors and to Bolivian leadership to get them to react this way. Probably the US treating other countries like they are worthless pawns and trying to use them for the USA's own advantage, ie trying to bully a free trade agreement or something ...

This is Obama'z country now. He would never treat other countries like they are worthless pawnz. He is too nice.
Bolivia is merely acting upon orders from Chavez. No news here. The powerful countries have and always will attempt to exert influence on lesser nations. It is just like a big game of Risk.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Hello fine mister,

I like to say that you must be very smart or you know the man who made the statement. I mean can you really say something like that when you have read the news article.

I think the S-Americas learning from Venezuela because Chavez is doing a very good job when you consider the "help" he has got from the USA.
Bolivia is almost the same scenario: A native man wins elections and wants to help his people instead of the cooperation's.

I like politicians who really care for the people.

Peace Vincent

join