It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Past Life and Meet your Guides meditation - daydreaming?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

Indigo,

When it comes to topics of spirituality, knowing is reality. Nothing in the spirituality department needs to be real for anyone other than yourself. If it is real to you, it's real enough. It's real enough to affect how you feel about life. It's real enough to affect how you live your life. It's real enough to make a profound difference in your life. That makes it pretty real.

You seem to be looking for an outside confirmation of your own inside reality. Long ago, "reality" for most people was that the earth was flat. People lived with this belief, and still believed it when they died. For them, the earth really was flat. We know this not to be the case now, but that doesn't mean it wasn't real to them. Reality is subjective. Period. The biggest mistake you can make is to allow others to define your reality.

Oh, and I'm not talking about "knowing" by sensing "truth vibrations", lol. I'm talking about knowing, like you know what you had for dinner last night. And don't take what I say to mean that I "know". I don't. I'm on the search, just like you. I've had experiences to be sure, and I've also had false experiences, as a result of suggestion. Woody hit the nail on the head with respect to hypnosis being counter-productive in these respects.

And Woody, I would certainly agree about being led vs. being guided. One happens from the front, the other from behind. I could use some guidance myself!

Indigo, my truth is out there, as is yours. We might not know where we're going, but all that really matters is that we're going there. In closing, I'll say that for a long time I searched for a "way" to experience an OBE, a "way" to call my guide, a "way" to find out the whole truth about my existence. There is no "way". There only is. There's no manuals, no standard operating procedures, no quick-start guides. Nobody can teach us "how" to learn any of this, we all know already, we just have to realize it, and awaken it.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Thank-you for that and if I can provide any guidance let me know ... feel free to u2u me if it's likely to derail Indigo's thread.

Long time no type ... looks like you've come a long way since we last spoke ... so pleased you discovered the secret ... all the better for knowing there is always something new to learn just around the corner isn't it ?

Woody

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Unit541,

Unfortunately, if we look at it realistically you cannot escape the fact there is a reality other than the one you know. There is an imaginary reality and a real reality and you need to be able to discern between the two. The ancients say, "real knowledge is discriminating the truth from the false"
As you said yourself you've had true experiences and false experiences, in order to minimize the mistake of mistaking what is false for true you need discernment.

To throw your hands up in the air and say that there is no reality or reality is whatever you make of it you are essentially admitting defeat.

Outside confirmation is very important in order to validate our experiences. If it was not, why would we be in a world with other people? We help each other progress. Only an egotistical, self-conceited and arrogant person claims they can progress without others. On that note your claim that all knowledge is within, there are no tried and tested methods or formulas or maps, we have to rely on our own truth is patently false. There are hundreds of mystical traditions in the world which provide the knowledge, prescribe tried and tested methods and do gives maps.

There is no knowledge without a teacher. Just as one does not learn mathematics without a teacher, one does not learn spirituality without a teacher. In the absence of a teacher, you have to rely on books.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Unfortunately for all of us, you completely misunderstand everything I've said, choosing to blanket the universe in generalities, and the subjective topic of spirituality with black/white, wrong/right answers.

It seems you've already decided what the answer to your query is, and that my friend, is your reality.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

This is where we disagree on spirituality. Spirituality can be objective as any other science. The ancients treated it as a science, you know right? In modern day study spirituality can be scientifically studied as well.

By calling spirituality subjective you are simplying trying to justify whatever you want spirituality to be, saying whatever you would like on it, without having your statements tested.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

If it can't be proven, with repeatable, demonstrable facts, it cannot be objective.

Prove reincarnation. Prove the guide you seek exists. Prove you lived a life before this. Spirituality, in any form, is based on faith. Period. Prove it isn't.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Something is objective if you can show something to be public knowledge. It is objective for example that everybody has thoughts, feeling and beliefs. Agree? In Psychology we can predict certain behaviour based on a known stimulus. That is because although the human differ in their thoughts, beliefs and conditioning etc, they share similar psychology.

Spirituality is a phenomenological science and we can make predictions of what kind of experiences a subject will experience during a meditative activity or something that will induce altered states(drugs, magnetic field) These experiences can be studied and categorized. For example one kind of spiritual experience is "kundalini awakening" this is widely reported with similar characteritics to make it public knowledge and hence a scientific fact. "Kundalini syndrome" is actually a scientifically recognized phenomenon.

There are other ways spirituality can be scientifically studied. We can for example measure the brain wave activity a mediator experiences and map brain wave activity to states of consciousness.

Spirituality is an objective science.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join