It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ugly Christians.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Time to vent. Have you ran into an Ugly Christian?

It's someone who is rude, pushy and self-righteous. I can't stand these people. They are Pharisees of the worst kind. They boast and pray out loud and in the same breath say 'God Damnit sit down' to their kids. Hypocrites in the highest degree repulsive to the Cross.

Hand out tracts trying to convert people to their view point. View other denominations as heretics and liars. Claim to only hold the truth.

Such people make me want to stay away from the Christian faith.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
There are ugly folks of all faiths and even those who profess no faith, it isnt limited to just Christians.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
True but people that claim to be religious should act better than that. They are an example and by their actions it can turn a person away from the faith. I've seen a lot of phonies.

Christianity wouldn't be so bad if the followers actually read what Christ taught and put it into practice. Being saved shouldn't justify being obnoxious and rude or down right volatile for that matter. Doesn't it say somewhere in the NT God will humble the proud and lift up the humble?

[edit on 5-1-2010 by TinFoilHatMan55]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Seems to me like this is just an attempt to start yet another Christian bashing thread, and no I am not a Christian by the way..

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The smartest thing you can ever do is remove religious people and religion itself from god.

Do you see your mistake there? You are judging what Jesus said not based on if what he said is true or false, or if it has understanding, but instead on the actions of what I'm sure you would even say yourself are the actions of a few.

In the end, such thought is really nothing but collectivism. Which falsely defines people in terms of groups rather than as individuals or on the merits. Collectivism is a tool of ignorance, and people who think in such terms are a dream for those who crave power.

It allows the bad people to hide behind the good ones. It also always those same bad people to point out the bad people in the other group, as justification for actions against the entire group.

If for example, you say that about Christians in such a way, then it just leaves them open to point out every place where you are wrong. And then they can just point out the evils in say Muslims as justification for the upcoming actions that will no doubt be wrong/evil. Meanwhile, the exact opposite happens on the other side. Flip it all around. Then you get 2 sides both equally wrong fighting each other when in truth they are exactly the same.

An person who doesn't think in terms of groups can easily see this error. But for those who think in the collective mindset, they eat it up. Unfortunetly, that is the majority of the population.

The end result is both sides end up playing the evil for the other side. And both sides fight and so forth, but in truth both sides are just hypocrites.

All you needed to do here was put yourself on the other side. What if people said that about Muslims, or whatever religion you belong to if you've decided yet? Would it in your opinion have been valid? No. Thus, you have just seen the beam in your own eye, and now you can see clearly in order to remove the mote from the other side. And if you can get that other side to do the same, then MAYBE, just maybe people can stop with the ignorance.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Most of my experiences with Christians have been negative.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It's easy to stereotype with limited exposure to a particular group. You will find that we are all human and have our own good and bad days. I'm a Christian but recognize that at times I can act in a way I'm taught I shouldn't. I'm a work in progress, I'm not finished yet...but I strive to be better. Just because I'm Christian does not mean I stop being a human. We all have more in common that you may think.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
in my experience, almost ALL religious people are like this. its a simple side effect of being human, people will ALWAYS pick and choose what to believe and what to practice based on their own personal preferences. just ask the next person you see shouting about how immoral homosexuality is if they also sit outside the city walls when ever they are on their periods? or stone their children to death for disobedience.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
dear friend/christian, you will KNOW a tree by it's fruits. . . . .look into the mirror AND NEVWER, NWEVER, NEVER% "JUDGE"....iluvu2 ...ty

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55
Time to vent. Have you ran into an Ugly Christian?

It's someone who is rude, pushy and self-righteous. I can't stand these people. They are Pharisees of the worst kind. They boast and pray out loud and in the same breath say 'God Damnit sit down' to their kids. Hypocrites in the highest degree repulsive to the Cross.

Hand out tracts trying to convert people to their view point. View other denominations as heretics and liars. Claim to only hold the truth.

Such people make me want to stay away from the Christian faith.

Did you hit that on the head, I coulden't agree more

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Well OP I agree and they make me mad too.

Always remember that saints like St gemma existed. She eyewitnesses said she never lost her cool or cursed or did anything wrong.

In my experiences it's been the opposite. I have met some of the most wonderful and even angelic like christians in person, extremely childlike.

You're looking in the wrong places.

now as for.

" it turns me off to the faith "

This is a cop out IMO. because Christ is the reason we believe not people

peace.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Well, I have to say that on one hand I completely agree. However, on the other, there is also a beautiful side of Christianity. You don't see it until you meet a REAL one.

A REAL Christian will never dissuade you from having your own beliefs.

A REAL Christian will be open minded.

A REAL Christian will take you into their home when you are in need.

A REAL Christian does not judge.

A REAL Christian knows that God is all forgiving and merciful.

I could go on, but you get the drift. I am certainly not a Christian apologist, but I have had the fortune of meeting a REAL Christian, and I have to say that a REAL one is great.

They are and few and far in between though.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Repent ! kingdom of heaven is at hand.

top topics

join