It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OFFICERS are suing their police force for illnesses allegedly caused by their radios.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
www.express.co.uk...

OFFICERS are suing their police force for illnesses allegedly caused by their radios.

They claim that radiation emissions from the Airwave police radio network has left them with a range of ailments including nausea, headaches and stomach aches.

Lancashire was the first force to pilot the new Airwave technology and TETRA radios in 2001. At the time, the federation’s local branch reported 176 users had gone sick. The Health and Safety Executive was called in but declared there was no link.

The Government spent £2.9billion introducing the system to the 53 forces in England, Scotland and Wales.

--

and i'm going to post a reply made by a poster named ENGINEER on the website.

RE: TETRA RADIOS

03.01.10, 7:06pm

As an Electrical Engineer with many years of expertise in the radio frequency field, I have my own theories on the health issues on the use of handheld radio sets including phones. The problems associated with the exposure of human tissue to continuous radio waves where there is no heating of tissue continues to be an area of extensive study. Some studies point to the creation of tumors primarily in the brain and other studies have exactly the opposite opinion. My personal opinion on this is that if the exposure is kept low (perhaps the use of phones and radios for less than an hour of continuous use per day next to the head) the risk of cancer is relatively low. One should always be aware of the chance of risk however. I am talking about the subject of continuous radio fields however. This is the older type of phone or police radio. The new problem is with TETRA or with the newer digital mobile phones, where the signal is continually switched on and off at a particular frequency or the frequency changed at a certain rate. ( I am simplifying here to allow laymen to understand) The frequency at which the signal is switching is in the low audio range and this is what seems to be affecting our bodies. You don't need to be exposed to radio waves to realize how you can be affected. Many people were sensitive to the switching rate of the older fluorescent lights. These switched at the rate of the mains current and cause many people to feel sick or worse. Now that most of the fluorescent lights are switching at thousands of cycles per second most people aren't affected by them any more. (Old incandescent lights didn't have this problem because of the thermal inertia of the filaments kept them pretty well lit and the blink was pretty well impossible to view.) The low switching rate (below 100 cycles per second) of any device that the body can perceive through visual clues or through radio waves or audio seems to affect the body in ways we don't really understand or don't want to understand. A lot of money should be allocated by governments to study the problem.

• Posted by: Engineer

Sure as hell backs up those Low frequency conspiracies eh?

www.express.co.uk...

[edit on 4-1-2010 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
This almost blew my mind. Pretty sure we are talking about the same radios.

Why wasn't Airwave tested before it was commissioned?

The TETRA standard was established in the 1990's. There were no concerns about its health and safety until the publication of the Stewart report in 2000; by which time some TETRA systems were already in operation and Airwave had been commissioned.

www.npia.police.uk...

No concerns is a pretty lame excuse for not testing a product prior to putting it into use.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The government does things to the population all the time, and no one cares or does anything.

And now I am suppose to care when the storm troopers got sick from using their little devices that help them round up citizens like cattle and throw them in the slammer.

Yeah Right.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I didn't ask for your concern, merely highlighting what could be an important issue ...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I didn't ask for your concern, merely highlighting what could be an important issue ...

Oh no I didn't mean it directed at you.

I meant it towards the original article writer. LOL

Sorry we had a miscommunication there. Perhaps I should have worded it slightly different.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
maybe if all the bobbies get brain cancer from their radios they will stop showin up and sectioning me hahahaha

new topics

top topics

join