It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the elite using ‘The Secret’ against us?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
This postulation presupposes that the principles of ‘The Secret’ are correct in a hypothetical context.

Most folks know what ‘The Secret’ is. Its basic premise is that what we think will eventually manifest and that we ourselves, the planet and the universe are little more than vibrational energies that can be manipulated by thought.

What if the elite/NWO/Illuminati/Zionists/oligarchies (hereafter simply referred to as the 'elite') are using this very principle against us? Just imagine, for a moment, the probability of the elite having considerably less power than we might perceive but instead attain their power by planting the seeds of conspiracy theories in our minds by generating and dispersing the theory themselves.

The concept of rampant theories concerning the elite enslaving the populaces and the abolishment of the middle classes will no doubt have the conspiracy theorists mind fixated on such an occurrence and thereby manifests in a more amendable manner. Naturally, manifestation by thought would be amplified across a collective. A similar example might be the ‘dumbing down’ of the people by way of biochemical means. Could the collective focus on this be catalyzing it’s manifestation?

My question to the ATS community is whether or not you think this is likely and if so, what do you reckon the elite have prompted us to manifest by way of thought on their behalf successfully in the past.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by rexusdiablos]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
There is a great documentary film called The Century of the Self which is all about what you are referring to, using thought to manipulate masses. It and a number of other great documentaries can be seen at the following website.

www.informationliberation.com...

The Century of the Self
The Untold History of Controlling the Masses Through the Manipulation of Unconscious Desires

"The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country.

We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized." - Edward Bernays

In addition to the ideas and practices described in the documentary film linked to above, I believe that a form of esoteric spiritual power is also a factor in the behavior of the ruling classes. I believe that many of them are practitioners of ancient spiritual traditions that most Christians would assume did not survive Biblical times, but which are still active today.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

They could also be using conspiracy theories to keep us in a negative mindset.

From what I understand of the Secret, a positive mindset is necessary.

edit for spellin. Two sentences and I can't even get thta right.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
could some one explain the secret??

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

That reminds me of this great review of 'The Secret' on Amazon:

www.amazon.com...

Customer Review 8,565 of 8,887 people found the following review helpful: 5.0 out of 5 stars

The Secret saved my life!, December 4, 2007 By Ari Brouillette

Please allow me to share with you how "The Secret" changed my life and in a very real and substantive way allowed me to overcome a severe crisis in my personal life. It is well known that the premise of "The Secret" is the science of attracting the things in life that you desire and need and in removing from your life those things that you don't want. Before finding this book, I knew nothing of these principles, the process of positive visualization, and had actually engaged in reckless behaviors to the point of endangering my own life and wellbeing.

At age 36, I found myself in a medium security prison serving 3-5 years for destruction of government property and public intoxication. This was stiff punishment for drunkenly defecating in a mailbox but as the judge pointed out, this was my third conviction for the exact same crime. I obviously had an alcohol problem and a deep and intense disrespect for the postal system, but even more importantly I was ignoring the very fabric of our metaphysical reality and inviting destructive influences into my life.

My fourth day in prison was the first day that I was allowed in general population and while in the recreation yard I was approached by a prisoner named Marcus who calmly informed me that as a new prisoner I had been purchased by him for three packs of Winston cigarettes and 8 ounces of Pruno (prison wine). Marcus elaborated further that I could expect to be raped by him on a daily basis and that I had pretty eyes.

Needless to say, I was deeply shocked that my life had sunk to this level. Although I've never been homophobic I was discovering that I was very rape phobic and dismayed by my overall personal street value of roughly $15. I returned to my cell and sat very quietly, searching myself for answers on how I could improve my life and distance myself from harmful outside influences. At that point, in what I consider to be a miraculous moment, my cell mate Jim Norton informed me that he knew about the Marcus situation and that he had something that could solve my problems. He handed me a copy of "The Secret".

Normally I wouldn't have turned to a self help book to resolve such a severe and immediate threat but I literally didn't have any other available alternatives. I immediately opened the book and began to read. The first few chapters deal with the essence of something called the "Law of Attraction" in which a primal universal force is available to us and can be harnessed for the betterment of our lives. The theoretical nature of the first few chapters wasn't exactly putting me at peace. In fact, I had never meditated and had great difficulty with closing out the chaotic noises of the prison and visualizing the positive changes that I so dearly needed.

It was when I reached Chapter 6 "The Secret to Relationships" that I realized how this book could help me distance myself from Marcus and his negative intentions. Starting with chapter six there was a cavity carved into the book and in that cavity was a prison shiv. This particular shiv was a toothbrush with a handle that had been repeatedly melted and ground into a razor sharp point.

The next day in the exercise yard I carried "The Secret" with me and when Marcus approached me I opened the book and stabbed him in the neck. The next eight weeks in solitary confinement provided ample time to practice positive visualization and the 16 hours per day of absolute darkness made visualization about the only thing that I actually could do. I'm not sure that everybody's life will be changed in such a dramatic way by this book but I'm very thankful to have found it and will continue to recommend it heartily.

Permalink | Was this review helpful to you?

Yes No (Report this)

Good Stuff!

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
So you're saying the world didn't exist before people? Cuz without people thinking it.. The world wouldn't exist?

Or did dinosaurs have the power to make the world exist too?

Or are people really this crazy?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Great. Found the video here: www.archive.org...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by chaseninja

In an extremely crude nutshell: whatever your mind focuses on will come into reality. The secret is the law of attraction. If you focus gaining cash then you'll gain cash, if you focus on getting knocked down they you'll get knocked down etc.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

That made me laugh.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
So you're saying the world didn't exist before people? Cuz without people thinking it.. The world wouldn't exist? Or did dinosaurs have the power to make the world exist too?

No. Nobody said that. Just you.

Originally posted by seattletruth
Or are people really this crazy?

No, people aren't that crazy. You're the only one babbling such nonsense. Then again, some people are crazy enough to believe that they can feel the earth shaking beneath them, right?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I have pondered on that very question for a long time now. Still without any definitive answer as it is difficult to ascertain empirical evidence for something of that nature.

I must say however, what a grand scheme! How brilliant of them. Take the real thinkers and give them so much garbage to sift through that they will only understand on their own death bed. It also keeps them busy while the real battle is already being waged. This is all going on with or without the added bonus of "The Secret" power. So imagine if it is real! We are actually fighting against ourselves every moment we waste thinking about how the world is simply out to get us. The irony!

Well, that's all I have to say.

I've still decided that I am undecided about the supposition. Until then I'm going to keep waging the war against myself by delving into more information and adding to the clutter in my head. You know, fighting the good fight.

Forever in The Light,
dillon mark reed

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I'm just starting to get into what I used to call "hippy crap" in my more ignorant days. The Law of Attraction is a somewhat of a leap of faith in my eyes, one not dissimilar to any religion out there; one must accept that this is how the universe works and not attempt to apply any mechanics to it. Tough one...

To answer your question, no, I don't think it's likely that the elite are manipulating The Secret to their advantage, they don't need to. If The Secret is true, then we as a people are quite capable of manifesting enough negativity without their help, and if The Secret is not true, then they're doing all the other things that are on this site and doing a bloody good job of keeping us in line anyway without the assistance of a mysterious energy field that surrounds us and penetrates us, binding the galaxy together...

Sendran.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
No they are not using "The Secret".

However what they ARE USING is NOT A SECRET.

IT is called MONEY.

Ever wonder why all the world "elite" have so much money? Or ever wonder what they use it for?

Guys this is super simple and basic here.

The elite control the world cuz they randomly happened to have all the money. This has nothing to do with psychology or anything like that. This has to do with REAL WEALTH that outclasses anything imaginable.

Why do they always say "Follow the $$$" ???

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste

We are actually fighting against ourselves every moment we waste thinking about how the world is simply out to get us. The irony!

This is correct.

Right now most people are so fuc*ed in the head they can't think straight.

Imagine a world filled with arrogant liars and imbiciles who have attention deficiet disorder who are afraid of everyone and everything. Oh wait, you don't have to imagine, it's the world today.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
You are all now starting to somewhat see the bigger picture...

The Rockefellers control the main news medias...

The world works on perception and this is how it really operates...

You tell people there's terror everywhere, and it becomes true because they start to think about it more and more...

And Voila you've got more terror.

It is how it has always worked, and will continue to work.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm

It is how it has always worked, and will continue to work.

Mass delusion.

It worked during the cold war

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
" The Secret " is a false premise, promoted and used by salespeople of multi level marketing ideas. It is to used to give people the idea that if they are positive enough, riches will just appear. The makers of the movie The Secret were directly linked to a company called USANA .

The whole thing was designed so if you had watched the movie, you would be more open to a USANA rep coming up and tapping on the shoulder, and saying " How would you like to be a millionaire in 2 years ".
Then you go to their meetings and they repeat the same phrase " The Secret ........ " over and over again in reference to everything from success to mixing powders. All the while telling you that positivity will breed success.

The fact is most good things come from hard work, it be money or a relationship. But "hard work" is a dirty phrase to marketers.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth

The fact is most good things come from hard work, it be money or a relationship. But "hard work" is a dirty phrase to marketers.

I know several marketers that work hard.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Namaste

Yep, I'm undecided myself too though it is nonetheless worth our consideration.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Sendran

Interesting outlook. Only until last year I too would have dismissed this as new-age 'hippy crap' myself. I guess we need to maintain an open mind and pinches of salt.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by rexusdiablos]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join