It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHAT IS YOUR RELIGION ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I had to select "other" because the closest thing I come to would be Non-Denominational Christian...I can't stand dogma.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I'm a little bit decept... I tought we would have more answers and more Paganist/Shamanism.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Strict athiest, until proven otherwise.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I was thinking that polls were disable.

I remember when ATS was full of these polls. Polls for everything, polls everywhere.....bha....

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I chose atheist but I'm really not against the idea of a god, there is no evidence of one though. The BIGGEST question that can never be answered is : What came first, The universe or god? How could one have come before the other. If you think about it too much you get a headache

The idea of an all powerful being watching over us all and when we die we will be punished or rewarded based on our behavior (pretty much the ground work of most religions) is a great one, and I do wish it as true. Logically though our religions we have now were created by man, and have constantly evolved over the years.

If someone truely believes in their religion and remains peaceful thats fine. But when it turns to fanaticism whether it's christian, muslim etc... that should not be tolerated. I believe that animal sacrificers should not be allowed to kill animals. I'm not one of those stupid PETA people but the point of sacrificing an animal was you were "sacrificing" food. A goat for example would provide you with milk. Chickens were used to get eggs. By sacrificing them you actually "sacrifice" for your god. Unless they are in a third world country where food still rely's on it fine. But in the U.S. it's more of a pointless death for animals.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
"Agnostic"

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I have had a very christian upbringing, yet I would like to convert to Islam, too see what it's like. Ya know, understand what people over in the middle east do. I don't know, it just sounds kinda fun.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well, I accept the fact that I don't know why or how I am here. So I do not require a label or religion.

There is one thing that seems to occur within every religion and ancient civilation, ALIENS.
The bible is full of um, pyramids are full of um, etcccc.....

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Always went to a Christian church & raised Christian. But my dad's Mormon , so he always tells me " Don't forget ... you're Mormon too "

arc

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 04:17 AM
link   
hmmmm technically none of the above, not on a practising level at least. If pushed would say nearer to a Christian than anything else and probably Church of England. However the Quakers have some interesting ideas.... as do wiccans, bhuddists, muslims.....

certainly not an aethiest as believe in a higher power of some description

tourist?

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   
i chose other because im christian but i dont agree with catholic imperialism and money seeking

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inspectah
I have had a very christian upbringing, yet I would like to convert to Islam, too see what it's like. Ya know, understand what people over in the middle east do. I don't know, it just sounds kinda fun.

You can do it, but then, don't forget to buy an AK-47. Also, you'll have to go in a M-E country and learn how to be a good terrorist, how to hate what is not muslim and....Well, you know what you'll have to do. A good and gentle anti-westerner.

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I put myself down in the paganistic area, as already posted if i had to put a lable on myself it would be Ecclectic Witch. I like all the different gods/goddesses greek, egyptian, sumarian, ect and i have also read up a lot on thelema (another one not up there). For a while i thought about joining a Thelemic order but some thing didnt feel right about it.

I do give thanks to the earth for what i have, i (all be it erratic) give worship of the 8 wiccan sabbats, and sometimes i preform rituals for phases of the moon.

Unfortunaly due to some recent events in my life i had to put the physical side of this on hold, but mentally i still give thanks and do things.

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I put other case, because ...

*drum roll*

I AM YOUR GOD!!!

Shocking new's huh? Yea ... It's me ... the e-nonymous god. ?Bow down, worship, give me money (I seriously need it!!!), all that good crap ...

Hey, on furthure note, if you don't accept I'm god, I guess we know where I'll be seeing you soon!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I grew up Roman Catholic. But I dont really practice the religion much.

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Ninja,

Silly you! I'm already in the afterlife. YES, we have internet!! Heh, for your comment's, you know where we'll meet!

Damn herb is AWSOME up here ... what ever you do ... don't smoke the crap they give you in hell ... I here it's just oregano ...

arc

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
but hell has the best tunes e-non and you SO know I'm right

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
arc,

I'll have to invite you to my private get-a-way ...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join