It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unintentional UFO Filming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I report this video:

www.youtube.com...

The films are:

1) Movie: "Rio Grande"
2) Movie: "Milano Palermo: il ritorno"
3) Movie: "Jaws"
4) TV series: "Las Vegas" (episode: Urban Legends)
5) Movie: "Arlinghton Road"
6) Movie: "The Mercenary"
7) Movie: "City by the sea"

[edit on 4-1-2010 by Mario Maisto]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
keen eyes you have there

the "ufos" with tails could easily be comets though.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Since it is unidentified then yes they may be real objects, however that doesn't commit it to not from this planet. AS always, far away and can't quite make it out.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Cool. interesting. obviously there could be any one of a million reasons for those "balls of light", good catch though.
I never saw that video.
I wont even try to guess what they are.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mario Maisto

My video of "Two UFOs caught in movie." is probably the best accidental footage in a Hollywood movie. The movie is "TEASE" - Check it out:
www.youtube.com.../a/u/0/Mb2IB2KVbyE

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The one from Jaws is an intended effect. Have you seen the film? The shooting star is timed perfectly to give us the same feeling we get from when we see one in real life.

It's a homage to ET, 3rd encounters or one appears in every movie he does - or something. To be honest I've forgotten more about this well known easter egg than I care to retain.

As for the rest...not really my area of expertise.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
The one from Jaws is an intended effect. Have you seen the film? The shooting star is timed perfectly to give us the same feeling we get from when we see one in real life.

It's a homage to ET, 3rd encounters or one appears in every movie he does - or something. To be honest I've forgotten more about this well known easter egg than I care to retain.

-m0r

JAWS came out in 1975 and in 1977 Richard Dreyfuss was in my neighborhood filming THE GOODBYE GIRL. In another thread I told of my experience with Richard and I'll relate it again 'cause you brought up the "UFO" in JAWS.

I had been waiting for Richard to emerge from his makeup van so that I could ask him about the JAWS UFO because this was before VCRs and when I saw the movie in a theater that UFO scene was too fast to digest by my brain. When he emerged and I took his photo while he still had a foot on one of the steps (!), I accosted him and as I mentioned the UFO in JAWS he put his arm around my shoulders and we walked towards the supermarket his next scene was set in. He simply told me he couldn't talk about it!

Every chance I get I tape the scene and now it doesn't look like the first time I saw, now it's more of an emulsion film dropout.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Cool that you met Richard Richard Dreyfuss in 1977, the same year that that Steven Spielberg film 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' was released.

Steven Spielberg used the shooting star effect in Jaws (Which also starred Richard Dreyfuss) as a hint towards what his next movie would be (Close Encounters of the Third kind). There are rumours it was a genuine shooting star that they left in, but the camera angle at the time suggests otherwise to me. Same actor, 2 films back to back - probably a big secret.

The fact that there is a shooting star in most of Spielberg's films after this (Indiana Jones, ET, Hook etc.) seems to me like he picked a signatory effect.

I'm sure there are others more well versed in this, like I said I've forgotten things I don't hold that important these days. There will be plenty of film buffs who can sort this out better.

Shame the title doesn't reflect that's silver screen quality that we're talking about here - you'd get more hits.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty

-m0r

Just for information- ET came out much later than Jaws... Jaws was Speilberg's first mainstream movie after Sugarland Express.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Great job! very good catch!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Great Find!
Possibly Easter Eggs maybe? the older looking films it's abit hard to say what it was because the record quality wasnt great. But the newer films are very interesting! Thumbs up!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The Illuminati know the UFO biz and the entertainment biz.
When TV cable threatened the movie theaters in the 1950s
the UFO saucer movies filled the theaters.
So the UFO rulers rule the movies as well.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mario Maisto
I report this video:

www.youtube.com...

The films are:

1) Movie: "Rio Grande"
2) Movie: "Milano Palermo: il ritorno"
3) Movie: "Jaws"
4) TV series: "Las Vegas" (episode: Urban Legends)
5) Movie: "Arlinghton Road"
6) Movie: "The Mercenary"
7) Movie: "City by the sea"
[edit on 4-1-2010 by Mario Maisto]

Bored aliens often try to get their flash UFOs in the latest films. Unfortunately, getting in a film is tricky because most scenes are shot dozens of times, and the "take" with their UFO often gets cut. Since UFOs only get once chance to dematerialize before US fighter planes arrive, alien crew members have to guess ahead of time which take will get in the movie; usually it's the first or second take. :-)

top topics

join