It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

UFO above Grays, Essex 2010 January 1st 0:00

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   



Video description:
On New Years Eve 2009 at Midnight (hence the fireworks), i spotted these glowing diamonds in the sky above Grays, Essex, UK. They made no sound at all and flew across the sky at quite a speed, then hovered. At one point, there was 5 of them close together, but the camera only picked up 3. I filmed this in my garden. I have also uploaded an enhanced version of this video which shows the landscape/buildings to give a point of reference.

"""""""""""""""""""""""

Looks like the ufo is filming or watching the fireworks display

[edit on 4-1-2010 by DjSharperimage]




posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I really don’t want to say this... but...

Chinese lantern???

LOL sorry... had to do it.

I only say that because my mum lives in Billericay (Essex) and we watched Chinese Lanterns being released on Guy Fawkes night



posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
the famous diamond shaped UFO, I'm sure I've seen it in more than a one video over the years.

lanterns? maybe. but I have seen this same craft in other videos before..



posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I live in Thailand just now.

I see these things all the time.

They are, sadly, only lanterns.

What I will say though is that was some steady camera holding by the person who shot it - a BIG +1 for them. Wish they shot the footage of actual UFOs and not just lanterns.

-m0r



posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
When I read the title UFO above Grays I thought you had footage of a UFO hovering over some aliens


I agree that this is a Chinese Lantern. The diamond shape I believe is being caused by the camera iris and the fact that the light is out of focus.



[edit on 4/1/2010 by MarrsAttax]



posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I have seen these in the sky on at least a dozen different occasions last year. Surely they must be Chinese Lanterns. There are market stalls selling these in town centres not too far from where your video is located. Ipswich and Colchester definitely.



posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
There must be diamond UFOs before the Chinese lantern
excuse came about.

Unknown bright lights in the sky would be identified as lanterns.
Makes no sense to video a lantern.
Have not seen a verified lantern video yet.

ED: he has more diamond videos, the bright UFO saucer
light just causes diamond images in his camera.


[edit on 1/6/2010 by TeslaandLyne]



posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarrsAttax


I agree that this is a Chinese Lantern. The diamond shape I believe is being caused by the camera iris and the fact that the light is out of focus.



[edit on 4/1/2010 by MarrsAttax]



This is exactly whats happening here ! This used to happen a lot in fact virtually all the time with the earlier video cameras.



posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Yeah it's a shame isn't it...

New year's is always a problem for UFOlogy... Too many lanterns clogging the sky!

I'd say of all reports from that date, like 95% would be lanterns, but the remaining hypothetical 5% could be the real deal, but nobody would bat an eyelid..

It got my hopes up more than once at new year, then I saw the flicker.. Hopes dashed!



posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I saw the exact same thing in the Midlands near Derby, I was about to yell UFO when someone said "hey look chinese lantern", and then I realized I was a dumbass for thinking it was Aliens



posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I don't think the lantern is bright enough.
It must be a fact that the UFO is always too bright for any camera.



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join