It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The Surrogates' Technology and Where We are Headed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

.FBI agents (Bruce Willis and Radha Mitchell) investigate the mysterious murder of a college student linked to the man who helped cre.ate a high-tech surrogate phenomenon that allows people to purchase unflawed robotic versions of themselves—fit , good looking remotely controlled machines that ultimately assume their life roles—enabling people to experience life vicariously from the comfort and safety of their own homes. The murder spawns a quest for answers: in a world of masks, who's real and who can you trust?

This movie may be just the latest Hollywood take on the matrix but I happen to fully adhere to the idea that this is EXACTLY where we are headed with video game technology. at some pointyou have to ask yourself how much better can the graphics get, how much more real can the action get, when will enough be enough? The answer.....Enough is never enough! Human nature has taught us that time and time again.

When will we finally merge with the technology? The answer isn't necessarily important. What's important is that WE WILL! One day we will discover how to tap into our neural network and whammo, You have an Artificial Reality. That is if we haven't already. Suddenly the whole idea of a holographic universe is starting to make sense. Is it possible that we are already living in a computer simulation with kick-ass graphics? Are we already using surrogates? ARE WE THE SURROGATES?

Anyway, I just wanted to kick around the idea a bit. To all of those friggin' annoying sceptics and debunkers....LIGHTEN THE F UP! Just entertain the idea for once.
Here is a clip.If anyone knows how to embed then please do so.Thank you.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Pretty interesting.

Does it matter if we merge with technology? is it good or bad? well, thats your decision. its personal opinion based, just like abortion, and just like getting sad over dead relatives and friends.

Too many people are getting caught up in the old way of thinking, which brought us this hardship we have today, and yet don't see that its not the world thats bad, and its not other people, its ourselves.

Just like the blame game, it never works, if you want to blame anyone blame yourself. which isn't a fun thing to do, so stay away from blaming, also rewarding.

"Wait, if i do something very very good i don't get anything from it?!"

Too most, thats a "bad" thing. See what i mean?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I'd love to have my mind uploaded into cyberspace so I could live there rather than here

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkitzoFrenic
I'd love to have my mind uploaded into cyberspace so I could live there rather than here

You see? this one would love it! Good or bad? trick question, Neither! but to him, good!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
For all of you who want to discuss Surrogates and its concept. Watch the movie Gamer. It is about the same concept only the surrogate is a actual human who gets paid to be a surrogate
it is sick.

top topics

join