It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oujia Board expriences?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I would like to hear you experiences of using this board..
Im afraid to use one after what my nan told me.

Before i was born they used one in her old house, she wanted to contact her dad.

After 10 minutes of trying they finnally did, they put a packet of cigs on the table and asked if he would like a smoke, they tell me they literally flew off the table, (my nans dad died of lung cancer due to smoking), it then said goodbye. About 10 minutes later they contacted someone else, the door banged upstairs, the dog started to growl.

They then chopped up the board and buried it..

They never have used one since.

Share your stories atsees

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The ouija board is just a game. Ive tryed doing it a few times with no effect. You'd probably have more success just sitting in a circle calling on people to make contact.

Ive done this while meditating before but i would'nt recomend it by your self. I got the sensation of being enveloped in darkness and i felt paralized for about ten seconds before i snapped myself out of it. Freaky but cool at the same time lol.

On other times people appeared out of the whiteness and made signals at me. Kind of like if you were deaf and someone was trying to tell you something. Without some practice its hard to tell what they mean though.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Algebra

I don't beleive the cheap ones work.

I think the costly ones have some sort of spells attached to it..

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I used to use them all the time as a kid and I'm actually excited that you made this thread.

In my experience, they can be quite puzzling indeed.

And yeah, cheap ones "work" as well. We made one with a milk cap and drew the board on cardboard once and it worked just fine.

On the thought of someone else in the circle moving the pointer, I don't know. The movements can be so extremely subtle that I had a hard time believing my friends were moving it. I also became so freaked out the first few times that I threatened to beat the hell out of them if I discovered they were manipulating the board.

Anyhow, it was very puzzling. Umm... never had anything fly around or anything, but I certainly had some interesting conversations. You know, the usual... Adolf Hitler, Satan, dead relatives, etc.

Sometimes the conversations were pretty insightful, actually.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

LOL so my $40 plastic one i bought online was'nt good enough then. No wonder.

No seriousely spirits react more to emotion than a piece of wood. Yeah they may move it for you but its your energy they need to come through.

Thats all i meant

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

What i would do is ask the board a question you only know, and then leave and let two others hold the glass/pointer so your mind doesnt move it without you knowing, if it answers correctly that would scare me big time.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Yeah, I did things like that as well.
As I said, I started to get pretty freaked out, but it was cool at the same time.

I remember taunting Hitler, or who said he was Hitler, and he became quite pissy.

Of course I don't know what to think about all of that stuff now, but it was pretty neat when I was a kid.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Did anything start to happen in your house? I would hate to bring some ghost into my house which won't leave me alone.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

No, nothing like that.
I think a lot of the fears surrounding the Ouija Board stories are pretty much unfounded.

Just my opinion of course.
I never had anything negative happen because of using one.
They can be quite fun, actually.

Nothing like calling Hitler every dirty name in the book and watch him pissed and storm out.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I had an interesting experience with a spirit board. My wife and her mother who was a self professed witch used a spirit board to get a better handle on some events transpiring in our home. She explained to me that the proper way to utilize the board was to blindfold the 2 holding the marker and have a 3rd document the letters silently.

They instantly contacted a spirit who wrote out I hate Jay. My name. Then it spelled out "run and gag" which refrenced something my wife didn't know about. My father used to make me run with him repeatedly even though I was ashmatic and I used to run and throw up all the time. I didn't like this spirit so I asked them to find another.

They then contacted a young boy named James who thought my wife and I were the reincarnation of his parents. We had numerous sightings of childsize apparitions to this day, 10 years later.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
i never tried it myself but i always wonder why fingers must touch the thing to move....they say its for the energy to be transfered and used by the entity...for me its plain BS since than the entity can slam doors, bang on walls etc...for me to believe i have to see the thing moving alone

btw OP..ur not the only 1 afraid...im too...the least thing i want to happen is an entity stuck with me or one of my loved ones

[edit on 18-1-2010 by heineken]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Did some ouija board once with two friends.
We first got a spirit calling himself D. He confirmed that my house was haunted, and when I asked him how to contact the being, he went on the sun symbol. He also said that he was a bad spirit, and he tried to escape the board. He was terribly slow.
The second time, there was a spirit called Xed. He sent us weird messages, and didn't answer our questions. He went three times on the number 6.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
PLEASE LISTEN TO ME!

I am older than you are, and I have experienced more than you have, and I AM WARNING YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM OUIJA BOARDS.

You may think it is fun - it is NOT fun, it is EVIL and leads to BAD THINGS.

Please believe me.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

In the early 90’s a group of us were doing adventuring with the British army at the white scar caves and after a heavy day of caving we retired to the accommodation and had some fun with a Ouija board. Of course I was very tired and had wrenched my shoulder trying to climb through a very narrow part of the cave earlier in the day (the cheese press) so I was just laying on my rack and watching the guys play with this board.

Even if I was not nursing an injury I would not have played this game anyway as I do not like to play with things I do not understand – I am a traveller not a tourist!

Nevertheless the session ended with one of the men becoming very worried about something that was being communicated. The details were that the board or whatever was pushing the marker knew not only one of the men’s family histories but it went on to mention a family member that had been murdered many years ago in detail enough to scare the guy. For some reasons this particular fellow was the focus of this “energy.”

He was then told that the manner of his death would not be by natural causes but by murder. Like I said I was not fully paying attention but all the guys were seriously freaked out and they burned the board outside in the woods.

I think it is much more than a game, I think that it is a device that does open a conduit – even slightly into another realm and one we probably incorrectly think is the land of the dead.

I think it is the place you sense when you are in deep meditation or undergo a shaman journey?

[edit on 19-1-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Well, ive posted it here a few times. I am 34. when i was 12 late 1987, my mother got me an ouija board. Me and my freind would play with it, for hours day after day, for a few weeks. The board would speel out to us, it was jesus christ, it was god, it was virgin mary, and satan. One day, we asked the board who we were speaking with, and to please not lie to us...it siad it was a 9 year old boy who lived in the nieghborhood.
so! I told my mom, and she said me, how did i know that. i told her, the board told us. It turned out, around 1964, right across the street from me, a 9 year old boy manged to hang himself somehow accidentaly off the patio roof.
We stopped playing the board, cause it freake us out. My mom started talking about a black transparent cat roaming about our house, fatish body, buzzsaw shaped head, yellow eyes. It would often run after or towards her. While we were at school, shed talk about getting many phone calls during he day with nothiing but static. the tv and vacum cleaner would turn on and off allby itself, unplugged.
i answered the phpne a few times alter on, and thier was nothing but static. i had started hearing scratching noises behind my bed after 11 pm. and sometimes in my closet, and sometimes,t he attic in garage, what sounded like a pebble being skipped across the floor. one day, I was 13 now, like 4 months later, i came home from freinds house, entered my room, and on my desk, was a small american flag. it was waving* in the air..a fat orange cat appeared on my desk, looked at me, as my mouuth n jaw opened up in disbelif, it meowed at me, but thier was no noise,..it had these beutiful yet eerie emerald green eyes, and eeire black slits for pupils. kinda looked like a bobcat or someting as it had sber cat teeth. I emmidiatly ran outta of room. one time on our mantle, we talked about all this and a vase full of roses exploded.
Another time, me and my older ssiter were up like 1 30 am...we heard a loud BANG in the kitchen. we ran and sa the doorknob had been cleanly broken off from the inside of the house. my yonger sister to this day she was 10 at the time, she saw a man looked like george washington standing in our ktichen, cutting meat. he lokoed back at her and immediatly thinned out and disappeared.
so! my neighbor at the time, her sister was a nun. she conated a local catholic church who refused to do an exorcism on our house, but they di recommend ED and lorraine warrren. so ed and lorraine warren came here, and exorcised our home. It turns out, their was a 9 year old boy lurking around, and 7 other spirits, one of which she suspected was malovent.
things were good n quiet for a good 8 months. I turned 14, and was in our basement, putting a model car together, watching tv. I felt a presence enter the room, and loked at the doorway...their standing, starring at me, clearly, was a disembodied black, cloaked appearing figure..yuo could kinda see through it, othr areas of it were thick black. i tried to get up and run, as felt o much fear. i coudnt move, like time stood still. my hair stood up, all staticy and i felt it pass through me, like an enegy charge went through me. a small glass container of paint thinner next to me exploded.
never sa it since that day, and still live in the same home. for the msot part, things are quiet, but.... few years ago, iw as listening to some slayer in my room, and my cat then, an orange cat, saw what appeared to be a black cat without he head materialize on my floor. my cat saw it too, as he walked up to it as it disappeared and pawed at the floor with curiosity.
it seems when i listen to dark music, the cat appears. and i have NO idea what the black apparition was that passed through me.
I have contaced lorraine warren a few times, and the odd thing is, she contaced me back alst time, the very night my fahter passed away, january 2007 from cancer in hospitol. that was weird...
she said i shoudnt be thinking about it anymore..but they did have a tape going when they were here, and i wanna see the tape. she seems to be histant to let me see it. she did say if i see it, it could re open the door.
their was only one incident of furniture moving here...i forget to mention. i had taken a picture of jesus christ into a room next to mine, as i heard banging noises in thier. i held the picture up to a dresser my fatehr had thier, and doing so, it banged hard on the dresser and the dresser moved on its own back about an inch.
i learned alot abou the ouija board, and have been VERY temtpted to want to dabble in it agian...but after my expeince, ide prob draw the same mischevous ones back or worse.
thats my story.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Back when I was in High School a couple of friends and myself almost gave these 2 girls heart attacks with the ouja board. We had it set up soo perfectly we knew they were coming over to play with the board they were really into it. So we took fishing line and tied it to all kinds of stuff in the room. Tied some to a leg of a ricketty old table and a vase that was on a dresser, but the best was the one tied to the pull string light that was in the closet. Well, one of my friends was in the room with the 2 girls and he was moving the planchet and after a while started asking for signs. That's when my other friend and I started pulling the fishing lines that we had taped along the floor running outside the room. I pulled the one attached to the vase on the dresser which I don't think they saw, my friend that was outside with me pulled the one to the leg of the table so hard it did a complete flip, they came running out of the room hyper ventilating and all freaked out we were playing it off so good asking them what had happened. After about 10 mins after they had calmed down we all went back into the room, and that's when I pulled the one that was attached to the light in the closet. It couldn't have been more perfect, because the closet door swung open and the light came on. The 2 girls turned completely white and about ran us over trying to get out of that room. I wish we would have filmed it, but cameras back then were huge not like today

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
man playing a prink on people when using an ouija board is not funny...
You do not need an expensive board, you can make a crude one yourslef, its not necessarily th board or quality of it that attracts good n bad spriits, its soemting aboutyou,a nd the doors around us. You could make yuor own and use a small glass cup or cigg ash tray as the eye.
I remember chatting with a woman 3 years ago online in a chatroom..she was 28, anlived in brooklyn. We were talking about ouiha baords, and she learned how bad they..her and her friend were using it one ngiht, and she to that day, swore, they heard 'pig grunts' coming from behind her room walls. In my learnings, this is classic demonic festation in progress. SHE stoppe using the board though, and never heard any more pigs, or nothig bad happened.
ANother story i read, was a girl 2 or 3 years ago, i think on ghostvillage.com. she said her and her friend used the board, and her frined didnt belive thier was a spirit. she dared it to rape her. walking home, her irned claims some kinda animal grunted at her, pulle her into some bushes off hte sidewalk and raped her..at the hospitol she was confirmed raped.
nothing beas the story of littel robbi williams though..the true exocrist. or to me, the enfield poltergeist*

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Didn't you get my message?

STOP USING OUIJA BOARDS.

Are you determined to get something evil in your life?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by learningtofly
Didn't you get my message?

STOP USING OUIJA BOARDS.

Are you determined to get something evil in your life?

Please validate your opinion.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
i wouldn't say ouija boards are dangerous, they are nothing more than a tool...
anything can kill you if you poke it in your eyesocket hard enough...

my advice is, don't be scared of ouija boards, but use them only after you have taken at least some basic precautions...

for starters, saying "are there any spirits present?" or something like that is basically a command to the nearest disembodied entity, be it benevolent or malevolent, to show up, which isn't very smart if you ask me... be a bit more specific in who you want to talk to...

for more on this topic, i recommend reading the following:
Alan Valiant: How to talk with the dead
J. Edward Cornelius: Aleister Crowley and the Ouija Board

especially in the first mentioned book, there is a set of rules (if i recall correctly about 60 of them) which one should follow when working with the ouija.

as for buying expensive ouija boards for hundreds of dollars, i don't think that's neccesary, simply writing an alphabet, numbers and yes/no on a piece of regular paper should do just fine...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join