It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think Iran is a Threat to the World If so why ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Alright, I am not Iranian, However I am a Shiite Muslim living in Pakistan which is the 2nd most Shiite populous country in the World after Iran. Iran as the single largest Shiite Country in the World is considered to be advocate of Shiite Islam as a whole among all other Shiite Muslims living in different parts of the World, and anything being said or related to Iran by West is significantly important to the Shiite Muslims regardless of their origins.

anyhow the reason I am starting this thread, I can never figure How on earth Iran is a threat to the World or West. When they have not waged any war against any country, It was only Saddam who enforced the War on Iran after the Islamic revolution supported by West etc and later it was also the West that proved he was dirty and cruel dictator no ?. Shiite Muslims or Iranians are not involved in 9/11 or any other this kind of terrorist activity and they don't believe in Suicide attacks either. They however in principle disagree with the West the way they have handled Middle East conflict and criticize the actions of oppressive regimes such as Israel. But still I don't think, this in any way amounts to a threat to the World as often propagandized by the Western Media or politicians.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by LOYAL]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a threat to the world, not so much. a threat to the world order, that they are a threat to because they are trying (maybe, maybe not) to produce nuclear weapons which would make them a player on the world stage and regionally equal to the israelis... which would upset the balance and therefore could trigger bigger wars

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Loyal I would have to agree with you. If we judge a country by it's actions, not it's words. Then it's so obvious who the real axis of evil is and that is the American, British and Israeli governments.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

No, absolutely not.

Firstly the country is way too small to be a threat to anyone.

Secondly Iran must realise that the USA can go in there at any time and turn Iran into a pool table.

Look at the muslim nations, the ones aligned to the USA dont rock the boat.

I think Libya is a classic example, I think Gaddafi found out "real quick" that going up against the USA wasn't good for his health, so he backed off BIG TIME. In fact you rarely hear of Libya in the news at all.

So I believe it's all a lot of sabre rattling.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Iran is in no way a threat to the US , NADA

But they are the only Country with the Balls to critizise what Israel

is , and has done.

The US tied their wagon to Israel , and is in FACT controlled by Israel

interests, So the US do whatever is needed to protect the "Rabid Dog"

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
In someways I think it was Bush's "Axis of Evil" speech, which really pissed off Iran, helped facilitate an Amadinejad victory. Which I don't understand why he would he would antagonise Iran in the first place because it was Khatami, a reformer who was president back in 2002.

No I don't think they're a threat to the world, but the Bush administration was quite a slap in the face to all Muslims. As for they're the nuclear programs, you just have to put them on continued IAEA watch, because they're certainly a threat to Israel and will be as long as Ali Khamenei and his boy Amadinejad are in power.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by downunderET
reply to post by kindred

No, absolutely not.

Firstly the country is way too small to be a threat to anyone.

Secondly Iran must realise that the USA can go in there at any time and turn Iran into a pool table.

Look at the muslim nations, the ones aligned to the USA dont rock the boat.

I think Libya is a classic example, I think Gaddafi found out "real quick" that going up against the USA wasn't good for his health, so he backed off BIG TIME. In fact you rarely hear of Libya in the news at all.

So I believe it's all a lot of sabre rattling.

I am not gonna talk boastfully about the capabilities of Iranian people to counter any attack on them by any country like you did for US forces. (and considering the situation in Iraq and Afghanistan i would say the performance of your military is quite deplorable) However you probably missed another point in my post, Shiite Muslims are way different than Muslims you have fought with. An attack on Iran would be considered an attack on All shiite. You have no clue what mess this could create. If Iran seeks the help of other Shiite Muslims living in different parts of the World they would be more than willing to help Iran. That said, I never see a possibility of any such attack on Iran, and Iran will not surrender to the West like Libya either unless West changes its current policy.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I'm kind of surprised this thread has not gotten more responses.

In any event, I will add my thoughts..

I do not think the "average Iranian citizen" is a threat to the world. From what I've been able to gather most Iranians seem to just want to be able to live their lives as they see fit. Sure there may be an extremist here and there - but that is true of any society.

As for the Iranian government - I honestly do not know how much of what is said is just retoric and how much is actually serious.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Over half the Iranian population are under 25, and the vast, vast majority of them want their country to live in the 21st century without all the outmoded extremist interpretations of the Q'uran. You saw for yourselves the major backlash after the re-election of Amadi, it's the government and not the people that warrant concern. Surprisingly though, Iran technically has an indirect democracy. The only power above the Ayotollah, are the Council of Scholars who select candidates for that position. If any true change were to be made without military action, it would be for the Council to put in place a more tolerant leader. But it seems that the Council's power is usually swayed by the Supreme Leader, as was seen when he was elected.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

First one must understand. Iranians are NOT muslim. They are NOT arabs.

I can quote a sufi prince from the 1200's;

"We took the marrow out of the Quran and cast away its bones"

This is the truth about Iranians. We are a people that live by this philosophy, and that is to listen and experience. Then, take the good from what you have heard and experienced and leave behind the bad.

I have a feeling that the true nature of Iranians is being surpressed in order to further power prejudice against the people. And this works both ways.

The brainwashed masses in Iran at this moment are those who call themselves muslim. The real people of Iran and those muslims who are not brainwashed zealots(and these are existant) are wondering what happened to their once beautiful faith and way of life.

The government in Iran is not full of Iranians. It is full of Jews/Arabs(I don't have anything against the people, I have something against the misleading leaders). It is critical to understand this.

Iran is the cradle of modern society. It is where so many answers to so many of our questions lie. And I have a feeling that for this exact reason, Iran is being demonized like it is. Understand this well, not a single Iranian bears any hatred for ANY citizen of the world. Iranians are descendants of Persians, and throughout history we have been the opposers of oppressors and soon the world will see this quality shine again.

I ask of anyone who reads this to understand well that we, citizens of earth, cannot be blamed for our ignorance. And even though our leaders have been doing the wrong thing, whether it be the American or Iranian presidents, we cannot judge them for their ignorance, for god knows they are ignorant.

Instead let us stop judging eachothers ignorance however we can. We are all human beings on this planet and we all seek and long for the same love.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

i didn't get it. why do you mean by Iranian are NOT Muslims ?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I've no problem with Iranians, I know quite a few Persians, all pretty decent people.. I have problems with the leaders, and not just of Iran.

I hold the opinion that all sides are simply keeping the tensions high to provide external issues to worry their general populations, and keep them in a state of fear.. simply so they can mask the internal economic problems each is facing.

H1N1 provided a nice cover for a while, Iran provides a nice cover at other times...

I personally feel both sides are playing the same game... and using each other for their own means..

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

We are what the Western people call Zoroastrians. The origin of christianity, islam and judaism is in the faith of the persian and iranian people.

When the Arabs invaded Persia centuries ago, they systematically raped the women and forced Islam on the people. That is why the actual faith of the Iranians has been surpressed for so long.

In Iran it is illegal and punishable by death for a person to posses or spread information about Ancient Persia. Simply because it can start a revolution.

Even in the west though, the history of Persia is swept under rugs. Because over here it would start small revolutions as well, leading to big ones.

The grand conspiracy, if you will, can be solved by understanding persias history.

It's just too bad the people are being stopped from doing that exact thing.

Sorry if this doesn't read well.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

That was how a number of persians explained it to me.... I got the impression of a lot of bad feelings running very deeply about the topic.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
With Ahmadinejad in charge . . . yes.

His whole goal is to bring in the 12 Imam, who must come through violence and chaos, as I understand it.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Let me make you familiar with the political situation in Iran.

Ahmadinejad is under direct control of the grand ayatollah.

This grand ayatollah has a son, who is near the age of 50. (48 if it still applies).

At the age of 50, he can be sworn in with the big boy ayatollahs. This means that he will be appointed, by his father, to be the new grand ayatollah, the supreme leader, of Iran.

What Khamenei is doing is trying to keep the power within the family.

Enter Moussavi.

Moussavi and Khamenei(the grand ayatollah) have a history of quarrels and fights together. The reason Moussavi is opposing Khamenei and the powerstructure(not so much) in Iran at this moment is that he does not want to have his 'former' rivals son in charge. Because that way he himself can never be completely in charge.

So basically, it is a fight over power between the big heads and yet again, it is the people who are suffering.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Very.

Iranians have had their heritage ripped from them. What we have left is Iran, our country. That is why, regardless of the political tensions in Iran, if a foreign force decides to invade Iran, all Iranians will join hands to fend off the invadors of the country.

new topics

top topics

join