It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Contemplation of Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I had another thread that I posted (my first thread) here a couple of months ago. I had some good discussions about life and death and the meaning of. A few nights ago I was dreaming about a bunch of nothing, typical dreamworld goings on. Well, you know how you have those moments in dreamland where something feels extremely significant? Like so important that it actually jolts your conscious mind enough to wake you up? Well that happened to me with one "revelation". I was dreaming and suddenly I "heard" a statement something along the lines of, "When you die, you dream. Forever." Immediately after this thought entered my brain, I was lucid in my dream, but I panicked. Because I could feel my body dying. I was completely conscious, but still dreaming. Now, I have experimented with lucid dreaming techniques, but this was different. I was completely in REM, as deep in a typical dream as you can go, but I felt my mind going "deeper". I felt my consciousness leaving this world, this entire reality. Memories started to fade. I began to forget who I was. I was slipping out of life and into something else. And I thought I was dying. In a panic I made myself jump and I woke up. This all happened within a few seconds. It was the some of the strangest few seconds I have ever experienced.

I wonder what would have happened if I didn't make myself wake up? Would I have just continued to dream and woke up later? Was I actually dying? If so, was it true what I heard? Is death really a long sleep? And if so, do you dream? Forever??

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
you should see "waking life" if you ever get the chance. great movie. that dreaming forever in death is a major part of the film. of course a better question is if waking life is but a dream.

in a more grounded view i would say you are having an episode of sleep paraylisis. this has happend to me many times and i am still alive (so far haha)

if you had not had fought to live you might have drifted into another dream or just snapped out of it on your own. ive had times that i woke from sleep paralyisis and was freaked out but the second i awoke i was soo tired all i wanted to do was sleep.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

Good thinking about the sleep paralysis. Only it wasn't because I have had sleep paralysis for years. In fact I have an actual thing called "Sleep Paralysis Disorder" because I have had more than 3 episodes a month for 6 consecutive months... Yeah I know all about SP. In fact I learned that sleep paralysis can be used to enter a lucid dream, so I welcome it.

Anyway, the experience I had was not sleep paralysis. It was almost something like a "trance" or "vision". I don't know.

join