It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain, US to fund Yemen anti-terror police unit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Britain, US to fund Yemen anti-terror police unit

hosted.ap.org

By MEERA SELVA
Associated Press Writer

LONDON (AP) -- The British government said Sunday that Prime Minister Gordon Brown and President Barack Obama had agreed to fund a counterterrorism police unit in Yemen to tackle the rising terrorist threat from the country.

Brown's Downing Street Office said the U.K. and the U.S. had also agreed to increase support for Yemen's coast guard operation. Pirates operating in the waters between Somalia and Yemen have seized four ships in the last week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Well it looks like the extreme generosity of the heavily indebted American and British Taxpayers will once more be employed to expand the rapidly increasing War on Terror capabilities in the Middle East as Obama and Brown agree to fund anti-terror police in Yemen.

I wonder if they would fund anti-terrorist police here in my apartment in Miami, I could hire a few people to stand guard and make sure the coast is clear to for an administrative profit courtesy of the American and British Taxpayers.

With hopes of launching a coup de tat inside of Iran rapidly fading it appears that the initiative to encircle the Iranian nation from across the Persian Gulf in Yemen is being added to staging bases inside of Afghanistan and Iraq giving War on Terror Coalition Forces both sea and land bases to jump start an attack on Iran.

It sure is shaping up to be an interesting and potentially portentous year quickly where the War on Terror is concerned.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Downing Street said Brown and Obama will push the U.N. Security Council to create a larger peacekeeping force for Somalia.

The British government unveiled its plans in the wake of the thwarted Christmas Day bombing of a passenger plane bound for Detroit.

Brown called last week for a high-level international meeting later this month to devise ways to counter radicalization in Yemen. He said an international approach is needed to combat the increasing influence of al-Qaida in Yemen. The terrorist group has claimed responsibility for the failed attack.

So many nations so little time!

I wonder if it has actually occurred to anyone at Downing Street or Pennsylvania Avenue that it is the constant funding of third world police states like Yemen that is causing the radicalization within them and religious extremists and chauvinists to take up arms against those regimes and the occasional political act of terrorism at American and Western Interests.

While its skillfully sold to the citizens of the West as simply protective measures to favor our own security it is almost as if we are prodding the entire Middle East to either become Americanized or face armed attack.

Where will it all end, no place good I fear!

join