It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to Demolish Abu Ghraib Prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/20040524/ts_nm/iraq_usa_prison_dc_2

Q

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I just don't understand this one. I mean, what's the point? Trying to make some grand humanitarian statement? Ahh...you know...everybody just screws up in this place, so we're just gonna raze it...

Is Abu Gharib built over some pit from hell that makes people do evil things? Perhaps this really belongs in the paranormal forums...

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
It doesnt matter if they demolish it cos most probably they are gonna build another prison, O.K i can see that demolishing it may TRY an erase all the things that have been going on inside there recently but it is most probably going on in other prisons too.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Did anyone notice that when Bush tried to pronounce the name, Abu Ghraib, he got it wrong and stumbled over the words.

I wonder just how many times he actually had heard it before or read anything about it?

I also wonder whe they demolish it, will they stick a plaque in memory of all the people killed by saddam and, abused and killed by America?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I think this is not the only time Bush has had trouble pronouncing words, i remember watching no Letterman show once he had trouble pronouncing the word "Subliminal"(is that the right spelling)

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by drunk]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Personally, the way I look at things, I think tearing it down is a good idea. Both Saddam and the US did bad things there. Those things add a sort of aura to a building or compound, and actually effect the enviornment within it. If it were to remain standing it would only serve to create more bad things within, feeding apon itself and getting stronger.

Some enviornments are like that, they almost become a living entity. They leave psychic impressions, that over time if negative, begin to take on a life of its own and effect people who are inside it. You ever been to Alcatraz?(sp) It has a very creepy feel to it, and is almost alive.

new topics

top topics

join