It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did you want to be when you grew up ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I wanted to be a police officer, and I did become one I just had to spend 4 years in animal control first.

Secure

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I wanted to be a spy, like James Bond.

Closest I ever got was being in a student trainee program for the CIA's FBIS (Foreign Broadcast Information Service), but alas, the program was terminated when the coup took place in Russia...

Also, it was really going to be more of an overt desk job for at least 5 yrs, before even being considered for foreign service. And it's the foreign nationals who really do all of the spying. As a Case Officer, you're basically a spy "manager" more than a spy. The real dangers lie only in discovery or first contact situations (when you first ask one to spy on their country).

These days, I'm a manager in business, and seem to go from company to company when downsizing occurs, etc., while I try to complete more college to validate my years of experience on paper. (in my last MBA class currently).

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I wanted to be a Archaelogist, I was had geek chic at 13 learning heiroglyphs whilst screaming at Duran Duran in Concert.

I did become one in theory and a little practice fora short time after finishing my thesis, then moved in to being a capitalist pig instead...lol!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
As a kid I wanted to be a gold prospector. There's still something fascinating about it. Never really had any other dreams.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I wanted to be the undisputed ruler of the world.

Oh to dream.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I wanted to be a crash test dummy repair technician.

Then I wanted to train domesticated animal to become wild.

After that I thought about starting an extreme sport, playing full contact chess, professionally. :bash:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Well I'm 15 so my life ambition is to either procede into physics - particle or astrophysics or archaeology - like ancient civilisations. However, I doubt my parents will let me proceed with the latter hopefully, I'll choose Physics as a degree - when the time comes.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Well, in early high school, I guess that would have been mine....then I downsized to just New Zealand (don't ask me why), then tried to be a little more realistic... Seems these goals always tend to go "more realistic" with time.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwisatz
And how badly disappointed are you with how it actually turned out ? .. You know wanting to be an astronaut and ending up a plumber .. Or did you get all your dreams come true ?

Hey i wanted to be a plumber, thats not nice i turned out to be a engineer then now i am training to be a plumber

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
Well I'm 15 so my life ambition is to either procede into physics - particle or astrophysics or archaeology - like ancient civilisations. However, I doubt my parents will let me proceed with the latter hopefully, I'll choose Physics as a degree - when the time comes.

If you let your parents decide your goals in life you will end up hating your parents.

Voice of experience.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Well, in early high school, I guess that would have been mine....then I downsized to just New Zealand (don't ask me why), then tried to be a little more realistic... Seems these goals always tend to go "more realistic" with time.

I am not even thinking that big myself I just want the island of Hokkaido, I don't want an entire nation.

Secure

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I wanted to be a vet.

Well, until I realised that I probably wouldnt have the balls to put down cute little rabbits & kittens etc.
Im getting towards the end of a Marketing degree now anyway, so I highly doubt I'll end up doing something remotely related to vetinary science!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I wanted to be an Apache Indian. When I was eight I didn't understand why that wasn't an option. How cool would it be to shoot a bow and arrow while riding a horse bareback? (I guess that part is still possible)

I wanted to be a lion tamer (also a tamer of tigers). I understand now why this is wrong - but it seemed like it would be a wonderful life back then

I wanted to be an astronaut - no explanation necessary

I wanted to be Emma Peel - I liked the outfits - plus, she got to do really cool spy-like stuff

I wanted to be an archaeologist/explorer - they always seem to go together

I wanted to be a chanteuse - which is really just a lounge singer - but the name seems like it might make you sound a little better. Also - better outfits.

I wanted to be a poet

I wanted to be in the Peace Corps (I also wanted to save the world - but this seemed doable). It was explained to me (sadly - but politely) that they were looking for people like doctors and engineers - not girls who could color inside the lines

I wanted to be a painter

:-)

[edit on 1/23/2010 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

What do you mean "wanted" to be a poet.

YOU ARE A POET! and a damn fine one at that.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

don't know what else I can say whaaa

thank you isn't enough

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

it will happen

if you sing

just sayin'

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I wanted to be a dolphin trainer or a marine biologist. I am neither but a dang good mom, house wife and chicken raiser. I still get my dolphin feeding fix once a year at Jekyll though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join