It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saying hello but have serious question inside..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I have been on this site for awhile. viewing massive amounts of stuff that range from the "hidden- hand" to Arron russo's "freedom to fasciscm" parts 1--6 complete which THAT I find amazing.and that my question actually stems from that video..correct me if I'm wrong, and b4 I ask, I don't question one bit in that video, at least not from off the top of my head, and I do believe we shouldn't be taxed for federal income tax so here is my question..in the video it said it the 16th ammendment it is 'volunitarily mandatory' ...is this true?

Below..is that the the 16th ammendment? If so, where is the 'voluntairly mandatory' and even without that, if this is the legit rule, it sounds to me like we do have to pay federal income tax or any tax for that matter?

Article. XVI.
[Proposed 1909; Questionably Ratified 1913]
The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

^ (www.constitution.org...) ^

One thing I do find strange is that, it says proposed 1909. And in other articles of the constitutions it had said after proposed, ONLY "ratified" this says "questionably ratified" I do not have 20 posts therefore I could not post this in the appropriate forum but can someone explain what the difference is to me because I'm sort of confused. The video with all the credentials of the tax experts to the former comissioner not being able to answer the simple questions, I'm totally convinced, but I just want a defnese to be able to spit to somebody if they every try to research the 16th ammendment as I just pulled up and they show me the same thing I just posted..

Btw, Hi. Nice to meet you all. Will be seeing you in future posts.

Thanks for any insight you can shine on me concerning my "ignorance"

-Seriouz

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Hi,

Welcome to ATS and I hope to read some interesting posts from you in the future

I am sorry that I do not know more on the constitution to be able to answer your question.

Take care!

Love and Light,

NW

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Hi SeRiouZ and welcome!

I am not an expert by any means on this but I have watched the video about a year ago if it's the same one. The thing about taxes, as I understand it is that that amendment was never ratified and therefore some people do rightfully resist paying taxes because of it. They view them as voluntary because if the amendment was never ratified then the current tax code is illegal. Now, in my opinion only, it is very dangerous to take this view to heart if you don't want to end up in jail because of it. I could absolutely be wrong but I am not aware of anyone who has actually succeeded using this defense.

Do more research on it if you're interested in it and let us know what you find! But be careful not to blindly believe anything someone else says is truth because as we all know the best truth is found individually by researching all points of view and then honestly determining for yourself what you believe to be true. Perhaps you'll be the first one I've heard of that is successful with this defense, who knows?

[edit on 1/1/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS - looking forward to hearing more from you.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Thanks all for the invites. Will be hearing more from you soon.

on another note, ratification wasn't allowed unless agreed upon by the bigger states like New York and Virginia. and they however did. So therefore, should be illegal to force this tax upon on the people?

42/out of the then 48 exisiting states ratified it. This is something unless the majority of the world wake up, a single person alone could never win, but there have been people who beat the irs, however, I'm sure they had the necessary funds to get the appropriate lawyer.

From wiki:

According to the United States Government Printing Office, the following states ratified the amendment:[23]

Alabama (August 10, 1909)
Kentucky (February 8, 1910)
South Carolina (February 19, 1910)
Illinois (March 1, 1910)
Mississippi (March 7, 1910)
Oklahoma (March 10, 1910)
Maryland (April 8, 1910)
Georgia (August 3, 1910)
Texas (August 16, 1910)
Ohio (January 19, 1911)
Idaho (January 20, 1911)
Oregon (January 23, 1911)
Washington (January 26, 1911)
Montana (January 27, 1911)
Indiana (January 30, 1911)
California (January 31, 1911)
Nevada (January 31, 1911)
South Dakota (February 1, 1911)
Nebraska (February 9, 1911)
North Carolina (February 11, 1911)
Colorado (February 15, 1911)
North Dakota (February 17, 1911)
Michigan (February 23, 1911)
Iowa (February 24, 1911)
Kansas (March 2, 1911)
Missouri (March 16, 1911)
Maine (March 31, 1911)
Tennessee (April 7, 1911)
Arkansas (April 22, 1911), after having previously rejected the amendment
Wisconsin (May 16, 1911)
New York (July 12, 1911)
Arizona (April 3, 1912)
Minnesota (June 11, 1912)
Louisiana (June 28, 1912)
West Virginia (January 31, 1913)
Delaware (February 3, 1913)
Ratification (by the requisite thirty-six states) was completed on February 3, 1913 with the ratification by Delaware. The amendment was subsequently ratified by the following states, bringing the total number of ratifying states to forty-two of the forty-eight then existing:

37. New Mexico (February 3, 1913)
38. Wyoming (February 3, 1913)
39. New Jersey (February 4, 1913)
40. Vermont (February 19, 1913)
41. Massachusetts (March 4, 1913)
42. New Hampshire (March 7, 1913), after rejecting the amendment on March 2, 1911

Ah well, I'll see what I can find from here on out. May we alle enjoy the hunt.

See you 'round.

top topics

join