It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you think we pay so much attention to Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
To me it seems as if we give more damn about Iran than about our own country.

The Youtube "Spotlight" videos on the front page were bloody videos from Tehran.

My theory is that we will invade them after the nation becomes destabilized.

What's your theory?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I agree the UK government for example is a shambles in my opinion especially our leader Gordon Brown who isn’t really up for the job and never was really. But we as a country do seem to care more about what happens abroad rather than within its own borders.

Our citizens are second class here I mean people can come over so easily and then be given homes and money while some people who was born here are homeless with no help from the government. Also we go and give aid (which I do agree with but again t the same time we go and help others the ones who are actually living here are also suffering aswell.

I just think the governments could do a hell of a lot more to help its own citizen’s aswell as those worse off in foreign countries. Just look at how much America spends on Defense and im sure you’ve heard this before but if they stopped spending that money just for a single day they could feed the world. It’s just so sad that they wouldn’t ever do this though.

I regards to invading Iran I don’t just see it happening right now im afraid but who knows anythings possible in this world.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I think you're right on but I think the invasion has already begun.

What if the Iranian Gov is correct in blaming US for supporting chaos and insurgency?

Troops....God I hope not, we have too much going on already. Ron Paul says it best....bring them all home now, defend our borders, rebuild our economy and infrastructure before it's too late!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I really do agree I really think the best thing for a nation like the UK to do is just get the hell out of all the wars bring homer all the troops and just start over.

• Fix the economy
  • Sort out stupid Laws
  • Turn second class citizens into first class citizens
  • null

Etc. Etc.

If only they could do these things but sadly we want to look like heroes and get stuck in wars where we pose as the freedom fighters and they are the ones who are wrong and need fixing.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Iran is pretty busted. After all they did have a war with Iraq in the early 80's and still have minefields that havent been found. Other then that I agree something will happen eventually.

top topics

join