It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking the Biscuit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
OK I've had it with capitalism reducing the quality of food just for the sake of the 'bottom line' aka profit.

For example, the brand of biscuit that i tried a year ago I try today and guess what, less choc chip, smaller biscuit, more deceptive packaging and most importantly less tastier.
Some other examples might be a prawn curry where each year a few more prawns are taken out of the recipe to increase profits. the more astute among you should have noticed this gradually and slowly happening with most if not all food stuffs. Take KFC for example, notice how the coating is now much thinner than it used to be and consequently 'less tastier'.

They try to con us with the packaging too where they will pump in more air into the product, or repackage by taking some out and making the package look the same size or even bigger! Oh yes and theres the case of hams and many other meats being injected with water, mm water really tasty ingredient!

So you see although capitalism is giving us materiality on one hand, on the other hand (well hidden incidently) it is slowly taking away our quality of like a drip. Maybe you've got some examples too?

If you still stand up for capitalism and what it stands for in this day and age I suggest you start baking your own cookies cos you've obviously lost your noodles!

CAPITALISM - IT COMES IN SMALLER AND SMALLER BOXES WITH FEWER AND FEWER THRILLS AND MORE AND MORE DECEPTION.

And to think we used to fight to uphold it! Hold on we still do HUH!

Oh yes I forgot this is LA LA land!

Look mummy it's the people on earth, look at them go round and round and round and round, ooh I'm dizzy mummy and I'm bored with earth now can I leave?

[edit on 1-1-2010 by pharaohmoan]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by pharaohmoan

It's your own fault if you keep buying from the people who rip you off. If you don't like their product, then don't buy it. Find something else that fits your criteria, and move one once that company does something to anger you. You could also do the unthinkable and bake your own cookies. You don't need enough people to start a consumer revolution... just a small movement capable of creating an opportunity for a competing company to snatch up your business by spending the extra cash to elicit good customer service and increase their presence in the market via demand reserving shelf space and word of mouth.

Yeah, eventually they'll pull the same trick. Rinse, repeat.

Don't criticize them for not wanting to sacrifice some of their profit, if you're not willing to sacrifice obstinate brand loyalty.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

I Agree, if the brand you've been loyal to for years starts ripping you off, find a new brand. If you can no longer stomach the garbage they sell today, vote with your money and stop sending it to them.

In true capatilism the money flows to the company with the best product for the fairest price. Unfortunately, over the years they've conditioned us to go with brand loyalty instead of searching for the best bargains. They count on our laziness to keep them in business while they continue to cut corners.

Break away from brand loyalties and only buy the best products at the fairest price. That's how capitalism is supposed to work.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I don't think it is capitalism's fault that there are people putting out crappy products. I think it has more to do with bad people using it as an excuse to sell bad products.

new topics

top topics

join