It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Disclosure Think-tank

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Alright, first of all, this thread is, at this point, just a free-flowing thought process. So I apologize if I go off the deep end.

I decided to try and create an outlet for discussion about disclosure that will be focused on the principles of logic. And against argument's sake, I make one presumption. I presume that Aliens are visiting this planet and the Governments of the Earth know about it.

I would appreciate thoughtful contribution... thanks in advance.

First off, I wanted to give my thoughts on a few points that I see brought up over and over in the disclosure threads. The reason I do so is to try and move the thread into a productive direction from the get-go.

1) Aliens wouldn't bother with us, we are like ants to them...
While I agree that we would likely be considered of sub-par intelligence, we can't presume that it would deem us unworthy of their counsel. Afterall, we humans use dogs to help us hunt. The way I see it there could be 1,001 reasons that Aliens would desire our counsel. Trade being the most likely, imo.

2) If America doesn't hurry up and disclose, someone else will do it to beat them to the punch...
While I agree that throughout history technological advancements have always been a matter of 'who gets there first is at an advantage', I believe that disclosure, while still potentially offering great technological advancements, resets this status quo. In reality, the disclosure of an Alien Presence here on Earth will be a game changer across the board, as the entire world, for the first time, becomes as one. Meaning, the whole world will be effected by this in a very profound way.
Therefore, I cannot see anyone across the globe moving forward with this until everyone else is ready for it. Why? To lessen the shock that is likely to come with such an announcement.

3) If the Aliens are meeting with the Government then I don't trust them...
Why not? The way I see it is that the Aliens will realize that we are a tribalistic people at this point and in my opinion the only thing that can make the human race become truly UNtribalistic is the knowledge that there are others like us interacting with us... from outside this planet.
Also, I'm almost positive the aliens are no different. They can't honestly be completely benevolent, at least not in my opinion. Afterall, necessity is the mother of all invention. I hold this to be an axiom of sorts when applied to society. I simply don't think it is possible to advance technologically unless you have a reason to do so. We do this through struggle. Through war.
That being said, I find it very encouraging that aliens would approach us through our Government first. This still allows the leadership of the people to handle the management of the affair in a way that will be viewed as good faith by the Government of the people.
Heh, the funny part is when the Government realizes that there isn't any particular way they can spin this story and still maintain control of the people. What the aliens will have done is to tell the Governments of the world that they are prepared to help us, but the Governments themselves are going to have to relinquish quite a bit of power.

Please ask me to elaborate specifically on anything in what I have written. I wanted to just put the thoughts out there and let the discussion begin without having to go into tremendous detail on my thoughts.

Afterall, like Wilcock, I am "intuiting" this information in conjunction with 1 anonymous source (the internet).
(sorry, couldn't help the pun)
But, Wilcock brings me to another question.

What makes us believe that the Governments are ready to disclose?
The way I see it, they still have a lot of work to accomplish.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Sgt Clifford Stone in an interview with the Consious Media Network said that soon something will appear in the earth's atmosphere that will be seen even by amature astronamers.

He also made the point that these astromamers are not bound by governments, so in other words we will see something that cannot be denied or debunked.

In my opinion, Clifford Stone is without doubt, the most credable witness in the ET/UFO field.

This takes "disclosure" by any government out of play.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by downunderET

Yes but do you remember all the hype over blossom goodchild and disclosure and the fact she was wrong as well as thousand before does so much damage to the idea of people nomatter who they are saying disclosure will happen soon. Personally I think I'm going to wait till disclosure does happen before I fully believe someones prediction saying it will do.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I will S+F simply because I certainly share the same feelings on a number of statements you made. The overwhelming preponderance of evidence suggests that we are being visiting, and have been for thousands, if not hundreds, of years. It is not this that I question.

But it is hard to infer what their intentions or objectives may be. For they are in fact aliens, in nature that everything about them could be completely and utterly 'alien' to every aspect of reality that we know. Of course governed by the same physical laws, science, and mathematics that life is based upon.

But I sincerely believe that in order for civilzations to advance from class 0, 1, 2 to 3 that a major shift in paradigm and consiousness must take place. If not, almost every civilization faces the threat of extermination from within. And eventually with the supreme technology and control of the universe comes a 'divine' reality. That benevolence governs advancement along the intellectual progression of a civilization.

Sure I would believe that just as with everything else, it is possible to have rogue elements... pursuing their own greedy and corrupt intentions. But for the most part I feel any advanced alien race would be far more benevolent that we could imagine.

I am still on the fence about this, but I also feel that there has been no real communication between extraterrestrial civilizations and our own. I am a firm believer of the ant hill analogy. That they are so superior in every aspect that we lack even the basic requirements for such interactions. And until we get a handle on humanity and our own ignorance and greed that govern our world, we will be left alone. To follow our own path into history.

I say this because of this... Think about what we would really do, if scientists (Not corrupt leaders) traveled far into space and discovered a primitive alien civilization. One in which our technology and advancement far exceeds them in every aspect. Would we really take the time to interact with them just for that purpose, just for the cause? Or would we carefully study and observe them until the time was right and their civilization was mature enough. Unless they had something that we specifically searching for, this is the premise to my beliefs.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Possible alien interests:

Animal dna: To restore / construct animal life on homeplanet
Human dna: To reconstruct / improve / fix their dna
Plant dna : To restore / constuct plant life on homeplanet
Minerals and other types of resources.

If they are able to visit us, they probably could come here and take what they want without us ever knowing it. So the contact with goverments must have another reason. We must be usefull alive and lucid to them.
Could they be interested in; Our emotions?
Labour?
Humour?
Customs?
To study a in their eyes primitive people, perhaps to learn how they themselves evolved?

Reasons for not disclosing contact;
Masshysteria? not very likely
Tactical advantage over other countries?
Economical gain? Milking the tech very slowly

Ofcourse i am just thinking out loud.
There must be a bigger plan. We need to connect more dots to see the bigger picture.

Great thread!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
They can't honestly be completely benevolent, at least not in my opinion.

I think this is a very important consideration which many people overlook.

It is clear that the occupants of these crafts prefer to conduct their activities in a covert manner, hence the lack of a landing on the White House lawn. It may even be that They have met with people reporting to be our representatives and have threatened dire consequences if Their presence here is disclosed. Even if this is not the case, if Their agenda includes human abduction, experimentation and even mutilation then it is understandable how this coupled with our inability to do a damn thing to stop them could form a very strong motive to cover up Their continuing presence.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by downunderET

IMO, that won't happen unless the Government initiates it.

But here is the real question, as far as I'm concerned - is the Government initiating ANY of this?

Afterall, we, as a species are stuck here on a rock. We cannot go there. Apparently they can come here.

So, while it appears to be in the Government's hand, is it really the Government that is in control here?
I would say nay.

They are in control. Yet they have done nothing really.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

Ah, you are absolutely right.
We would most likely leave them alone.
Unless of course we had something to gain by building them up.

Maybe they have a resource that is considered by them to be abundant yet by our standards was extremely rare.

So, instead of invading them to simply steal the resource, we offer a trade with them...

Yadda, yadda, yadda.

As I said, there could be 1,001 reasons why they would interact with a "lower" species.

Also keep in mind that any technological exchange, for whatever we have to offer, is going to bring us nearer their level. Therefore, potentially creating a cosmic ally... for whatever reason they may need one.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by locster

I think that the most plausible of your reasons for not disclosing would be the third...economical gain by milking the technology slowly.

However, what I find humorous is the fact that once the cat is out of the bag, that economical gain will be almost useless.

Tactical advantage? Same deal. You see, once the truth is disclosed, humanity will be united and there will be no tactical advantage.

Keeping a society on the brink of such a revelation is akin to calling a person's bluff with a bluff hand yourself.
It doesn't make much sense to me.

The economical thing, maybe.
But everything else, completely futile.

Happy New Year's, by the way.

If I drop participation tonight suddenly it is because my wife and I are going to get drunk...and I'm not sure when that begins.

If not tonight, then later guys...
Be Safe!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Happy new year! lol

Well what if different goverments have different contacts? If one nation swears that the "type a" aliens are truthfull and another nation swears by the "type b" aliens?

They ET's would see by now that working with the goverment isn't working if they wanted all humanity to know they are here. So what gives?
What could be the motives? I think that is key in understanding (non-) disclosure.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
For it to turn into an ET generated event, we the people need to ask for this, under the stars. Just know we also need to raise our own consciousness, wake up, start to care deeply for each other and all of nature, because we also need to be prepared to not accept just any situation, and learn to stand in our own power.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Haha, everything going on lately reminds me of Avatar.... Have you seen it? If not I definitely recommend it. The meaning is so deep and profound. It seems like it sums up our human race in the perfect movie of all time

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
1)QUESTION= Aliens wouldn't bother with us, we are like ants to them...

1. ANSWER= I would like to suggest that most likely there are millions of ETs just in our Galaxy alone. These life forms could take on all sorts of forms some of which we would not even think of as our perception of what life is. We could have life forms ( for lack of a better word) out there that are so small to us we can't even see them but yet they could be highly advanced in some way we also do not understand.

Then we could have beings as big as buildings for all we know. I think the more we learn about Quantum Physics the more the doors will open, but we may get locked out of that information just as we did the UFOs. Scientists have come up with 3 classes of ETs, For this discussion lets go with class 1 and 2. Upon approaching Earth from ether another dimension or a wormhole or whatever.

I think "we" would be the first to be noticed due to our life force energy which may be what brought them here in the first place or at least part of it. ( See Quantum Physics Entanglement ) Next we live on a living planet and I think not just all the life forms but the planet itself. However, we pretty much are the defenders of our home because we do have the technology factor. But we need to be careful with that one also because until we understand the power of " life force " the whales could have us beat.

Next, we are in a bad position for a few reasons. :

1. We have no idea what they want or why they are here. We have no way of developing a trust at this point with the ETs because WE have been kept in the dark. So we are unprepared. Thanks to you know who :-(

2. If we were being watched, we have a lot of explaining to do. We live on "1" planet and we fight for everything and always have. We are in many ways a very barbaric "0" class civilization at this point AND we are harming the planet for other life forces on this planet.

3. We shoot first and then ask questions later based on our concept of national security reasons that THEY may not understand. I believe WE have many types of ETs coming to this planet but not all are out for us. Lets go with the "GRAYS". From what has leaked out to us and what many have said and witnessed, they are evil. But what are we to believe?

4. The "Take me to your leader" thing could represent a study by them that could explain at least in part contact with world Governments and not you and I. After all, the government has all the big guns. So it would make scene for them to talk to world leaders and that would show us that they have studied us enough to know who the boss is. ( a little incite on there thinking perhaps) BUT they need to talk to us now!!!!!!If they are aware we are in the dark, then WE need to understand, this might not be a good thing for us.

I love this thread, I think we could discover much by pulling together our thoughts and Ideas.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Why did this post get lost guys LOL, I like this idea the OP has here.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by intothelight

Just the New Years... we all have been away having some fun celebrating... I too agree, great thread. Don't have much time right now to contribute, but I will definitely be following this one and adding my 2 cents whenever I can.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by downunderET
Sgt Clifford Stone in an interview with the Consious Media Network said that soon something will appear in the earth's atmosphere that will be seen even by amature astronamers.

You are right downunderET, here is what Clifford Stone said about that probe at Project Camelot.

C: Well, I’ll tell you this, I think that by 2016 that something better have happened. Because at 2016 I think that we’re going to have to announce to the world that there’s a probe that comes very close to the Earth every 15 or 20 years. And we’ve been calling it an asteroid. It’s not an asteroid. But it actually in reality is an artificial probe. In other words, somebody else put it here. They have found us long time ago. The technology will probably be pretty much on a par to, say, Voyager. It’ll be old antiquated technology by all their standards.

K: So what are you saying? Is this probe… do you know what race?

C: I’m saying we have already found it. Our paradigm says that it can’t be an artificial craft of any sort, therefore we refuse to accept that and we call it an asteroid. I’m talking about BG1991. Roughly 30 meters in diameter, highly polished surface. Asteroids don’t have a highly polished surface. It took corrective course changes to avoid collision with another asteroid. That don’t happen. This one it did.

K: So where... what race is this from, from what planet? Do you know?

C: I don’t know.

projectcamelot.org...

[edit on 1/1/10 by spacevisitor]

[edit on 1/1/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

such a great thread jay!!!

I like how you thought about the arguments and gave us some "footing" to work on.

Now my self pesonaly think that the aliens "gray" or whatever aliens are visting or "have been here!!" always.. is kinda interesting when you take into account our "reality of such" now getting here / type 1 civy or type 2 could mean all sorts of reasons as you did state so here are my "thoughts" on what i think "like others just open thoughts on the subject"

Life its self is not really about being human tho we as humans tend to think of it that way i guesss because of god and so forth.. now in relation to this you also have other living beings on our planet "refrenced as ants" so to speak.. now if you take or quantify that aspect then we are ANTS "mind you bit confused ants" but all the same just as "pointless" as we are to aliens in that way "tec" wise.. but humans still study every living being on this planet.. why? because its in our "nature" to find out and as one other poster stated that just may be the case? to "study"..

Now when dealing with how humans work on a basic level one would presume any being coming here would need a reason to do so "self" prepelled in order to do so? so interaction with us would be a by product of that "self" motivation "for what ever reason i assume"

Now when we factor in our goverments, they are in fact controlled "you may not think" by US lot.. as a collective "hive mind" i know that does seem far fetched when one looks out of his window but its true "yet invisible" .. or maybe guided "also important" .. so what would the need or reason for aliens of any type to interact with our leaders for them to keep it a secret?

well lets see who wins and who loses?

If aliens are indeed real and our goverment is keeping it hush hush that would mean the aliens are just as bad as the humans? "if they are smart and want to help" nothing a human could do would in fact them doing so? unless they see us as a HIVE mind and go about what they do because the have a need for it "study" or "whatever" they are up to..

So this brings up another factor "do they even think like us? well we know we are the only beings on this planet who do think like us.. apart from your basic skills "eat xxxx and sleep"

So there is some agenda going on here.. what? i have no clue but rest asured there is one "if they are indeed coming here"

and im guessing as most of our leaders are "wtf is it"? hence why they are not so forth comingin in regards to telling us we are indeed not alone in the vastness of space.

oh and S+F

[edit on 1-1-2010 by 13579]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Last night on New Years I was at a bar/club and it was pretty empty near the end of the night and one of the guys working there, I guess he was a bouncer; looked a lot like Bill Birnes. For some reason I walked towards him and asked, "have you ever worked in the military?" And he said, "I worked in the Navy for 7 years." I thought how cool! Sometimes when I'm out at a bar I try to find military people and ask them questions about ET's. You would be surprised how many people have worked in the military, and you would also be surprised how many of them don't come forward.

So I started asking him questions about ET, and the expression on his face turned stone cold like he had scene a ghost and he said, "no comment".

I kept grilling him and grilling him and I had no luck. I asked him, in your 7 years you've never came across closed doors or departments you couldn't access?" and he said "I had top secret clearance".

I tried my best to get him to spill the beans, I know he wanted to, I could tell in his face, but again he repeated, "no comment".

I told him that is interesting you answer my questions with "no comment". Interesting.

I like this thread S&F!

My theory on the ET is that they must be pretty human like to work with humans for the past 50 years or longer if that is what's been going on. Meaning similar physical characteristics.

But on the other hand, if they are evil demonic beings who look terrifying and frightening, then that would explain the intense military cover up.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by game over man]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Originally posted by JayinAR

Thanks for the thread Jay ... good points raised ... there is one I would like to address directly

1) Aliens wouldn't bother with us, we are like ants to them...

I have always found this argument to be ridiculous and can be easily countered.

Try this article for example:

Humans bothering about ants

Jay, I agree with many points that you have raised.

I have long since believed that disclosure should come slowly, piece by piece, so the climatic shock of seeing Alien diplomats talking with our leaders can be minimised.

I would like to see the transition from us being a "special creation" to us becoming part of a galactic community to be a smooth one without having our world plunged into chaos. This may sound dramatic but I feel it is a very real probability.

It's all good and well for us who live in secular, well educated, broad minded societies to say "Hey man, peace n love n truth man. We are ready to accept the reality of our cosmic brothers and sisters. Stop bringing down the rainbow vibe and let them take us on up to a higher vibration" ...

... but when you take into consideration the billions of people who are under educated, fundamentally religious and militantly superstitious then TPTB must proceed with caution.

In my opinion, no matter what anyone says about how ready they are for disclosure, there is no way any of us can truly be prepared for something has profound as this.

When it actually happens ... its gonna blow the top of your head off, man ...

[edit on 1/1/10 by Horza]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by downunderET

He also made the point that these astromamers are not bound by governments, so in other words we will see something that cannot be denied or debunked.

In my opinion, Clifford Stone is without doubt, the most credable witness in the ET/UFO field.

This takes "disclosure" by any government out of play.

I am not sure about Stone and what he says but the point being made here is an important one in the disclosure discussion.

The scenario of a very large craft, that can be seen by amateur astronomers, entering our system, earths orbit or the atmosphere is one that opens up many questions.

Questions about the nature of aliens, the power of our governments and the relationship that may exist between aliens and our governments, the nature of the galactic community etc.

Would an Alien species be so cavalier as to simply appear to humanity unannounced?

Would disclosure without governmental control be a good thing?

Does our government have a relationship at any level with an alien species? If they do, is it a reciprocal one?

Does the galactic community have a central body or government that sets rules such as those used as guidelines for contact between species or do some or all civilisations exist independently, conducting their affairs as they see fit?

Stone makes one point that is spot on.

A genuine extraterrestrial mother ship parked in our atmosphere for all the world to see would be impossible to debunk.

Talk about a reality check.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join