It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: rahesabz reports troops in Tehran, University surrounded by security forces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
From Rahesbz.net the Iranian opposition web site ... below is a translation of the site

Green Network way movement (Jrs): morning, hundreds of military vehicles and dozens of heavy armor toward Tehran Karaj were transferred.
شبکه جنبش راه سبز (جرس): از صبح امروز صدها نیروی نظامی و دهها خودروی سنگین زرهی از کرج به سمت تهران منتقل شدند.

Last night to protest the bloody attack to the University of Mashhad, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, and limited spontaneous gatherings Khayam University held. دانشجویان دانشگاه فردوسی مشهد برای اعتراضات گسترده در امروز و روزهای آینده فراخوان هایی در این دانشگاه پخش کرده اند. University of Mashhad for widespread protests in the coming days and call today that the University have been broadcast. وضعیت اطراف دانشگاه فروسی و خیابان های اطراف آن نیز به شدت امنیتی گزارش شده است. Situation around the streets around the University of ferrous and also highly security has been reported. حضور گسترده نیروهای سرکوبگر یونیفرم پوش و امنیتی اطراف دانشگاه فردوسی و آزاد مشهد به وضوح قابل مشاهده است. Widespread presence of repressive forces uniforms and security cover around the Ferdowsi University of Mashhad and Azad is clearly visible.

دانشجویان دانشگاه آزاد مشهد هم اکنون در حال جمع شدن جهت اعتراض به وقایع دیروز در این دانشگاه هستند. Mashhad University students currently gather to protest events today are the university.

Looks like things are only getting worse ... makes me wonder just how much longer until we see all hell break lose over there?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Oh wow this desn't look good one can only hope the protesters are armed at future protests so they can defend themselves from their government.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
More news from washingtonpost

The authorities have signaled they will tolerate no more protests after eight people were killed in fiery demonstrations on Sunday during the Shi'ite ritual of Ashura. A nephew of opposition leader Mirhossein Mousavi was killed the same day.

Iran's Intelligence Ministry accused the opposition leaders of links to "foreign enemies and anti-revolutionary groups" and vowed to confront them with no mercy unless they changed course.

Iran's police chief warned Mousavi supporters on Wednesday to halt their "illegal" demonstrations or face harsh treatment.

On Tuesday, Abbas Vaez-Tabasi, a representative of Khamenei, said opposition leaders were 'mohareb' (enemies of god) fit for execution under Islamic law.

The Jaras opposition website said troops and armored vehicles were moving toward Tehran and that security forces had deployed in several city squares but the Iranian government is denying that claim

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Persia is currently enslaved by a brutal theocratic system.

I would imagine the poor souls, as is common in such regimes, will be brutally beaten down. Then a series of purges and a consolidation of power. And then more brutality. Indeed, because they labour under a theocratic system that enjoys no separation of religion and state, they are twice stymied in their efforts to burst forth into freedom.

Bring down the mosques and kick out the oh-so-pious "religious" leaders. That would go a way towards reducing the violence.

Free Persia. 1,200 years of occupation is enough.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
i just dont understand why tanks and soldiers would be headed to tehran a day after hundreds of thousands of people protested and marched in support of the government... makes no sense to me... i know there are folks on here who would believe anything bad about the iranian government, and im not defending them its justs... this makes no sense to me, i call bullsh*t. its one source, a blog or something for that matter, its not reliable therefore its crap and suseptible to not even being real..

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Not true...Iran’s police chief has warned anti-government protesters to stay off the streets and threatened “The era of tolerance is over. Anyone attending such rallies will be crushed.” Hundreds of prominent activists have been arrested since Sunday’s mass street protests and between 8 to 37 people have been killed.

you might want to visit this site and watch their vid
www.democracynow.org...

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The sad thing is that this is all for the destabilization purposes, see when it comes to the US and their so call "cover up operations" collateral damage is Good and media worthy, as long as it serve the purposes of the war machine.

While Innocent funded by "the war machine" civilians gets killed the real monsters behind the uprising in Iran goes unscathed.

And the purposed of all this? to show the world that Iran is screaming for democracy? . . . well if we see the type of democracy that our tax payer dollars has bought in Iraq I guess we have been scammed as usual.

Iran is a more complex nation with values that goes dipper than many can even imagine.

But hey let the war machine complex keep squandering tax payer dollars and have Innocent civilians become collateral damage.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This whole Iran thing must be a hoax.

Police forces never turn on its own citizens.

Militaries never turn on its own citizens.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

"Police forces never turn on its own citizens.

Militaries never turn on its own citizens."

Are you being sarcastic? I guess Tiananmen Square never happened either.

top topics

join