It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the Threat Were Real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
A simple question actually.

What if the threat of a global organization hell-bent on the destruction of western civilization was real? One that sees the US as the epicenter of such a culture and wishes to disrupt and destroy it.

Most here find it easy to see a conspiracy in every little thing that happens in the world, but yet, you brush off what could be an actual threat as itself, a conspiracy.

I do not know the answer and it is just a question. One that I believe most people dismiss for numerous reason. Either through hatred of the US Government, George Bush, Dick Cheney, President Obama, and countless others.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Maybe it is because it takes some critical thinking to understand the issues. Maybe we as Mankind always hope there is an underlying issue at work. Maybe it is because taking things at face value and accepting that my gosh, the government may actually be telling the truth on this one couldn't possibly be true?

So many answers to a single question.....what say you?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Well to be honest, in my mind I just don't see this "global organization" you refer to-I'm assuming the "terrorists"-as a threat. If indeed it's just because they "hate our freedoms"...lol..ahem....then I'm thinking
BRING IT!!!!
It's like when that kid with small man syndrome gets tough at the bar, you're just not worried at all.
TBH I believe it IS true to an extent, however, that mindset is being created on purpose by the war machine.
Sorry terrorists, I just don't take you seriously..
......shrugs shoulders......

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Hi OBE

I'm close to you on this one. I have seen some indications of conspiracies like the ones posted on ATS. But have never seen real evidence of much.

I can tell you groups with suspicious agendas exist. I don't buy into anyone trying to destroy the U.S., save for Al Qaeda.

I was recruited at 26 yr's old, but I said no. It was presented as a secret think tank. It happened when I was working at the D.O.C.

The offer was wealth, and power, no problems for life. The cost, doing anything asked to do, and it's for life, only one way out.

He was an intern from an Ivy league University. I asked what was the consequence of saying no. He said "later in life, you'll probably wish you had said yes".

It will always be a mystery to me. I was also offered a job a HAARP. Could have to do with my Father's contacts. I'll never know how deep his connections went, he passed away 2 years ago.

OBE how do you like the Avatar?

Cheers

Ziggy

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Hi OBE,

The real enemy reared it's head today.
This is really bad news.

Our bickering, is over. Now you and I are allies.

Pay attention to the SCOTUS decision today. People that run Corporations now can just buy what they want. Perfectly legal.

I hope people here see what just happened, look, I'm going to benefit from this personally if it's allowed to stand. But if it does, it"s "Rollerball" your and my worst nightmares in one. Corporate Fascist Aristocracy.

Your ideals and mine got canceled today. Let's fix it together, but let's not let it happen again, this was engineered, lets discuss it if you want on my thread in my signature.

Sincerely

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I think the huge super power is hell bent on killing, well everyone.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
What if the threat of a global organization hell-bent on the destruction of western civilization was real? One that sees the US as the epicenter of such a culture and wishes to disrupt and destroy it.

If it were real, I'd have to say they've been doing a really crummy job so far. Though I must admit that this is the first time I've heard it was just aimed at the US, it's usually targeted at taking over the world.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystrange

Ziggy good to see ya. Nice new avatar you got there.

In regards to the SCOTUS decision I am still researching it and critically thinking about the case...not the outcome. On the surface, in regards to how I feel about the corporate structure and how the law views a corporation as a 'person', I don't like it. On a deeper level, the case was not about corporations being able to donate, at least that wasn't the focus of the case. They were applying the Constitution to current law and the constitutionality of said law.

The real question is, when is someone going to take up the mantle and question the constitutionality of the corporate structure and its ability to be considered an entity that is afforded protection under the Constitution as a whole.

People it seems are up in arms about the underlying issue and blaming the Supreme Court in upholding and applying the Constitution to the law, when it is the law itself that needs to be looked at. As seen in Justice Kennedy's (I think) dissention.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by ziggystrange

Ziggy good to see ya. Nice new avatar you got there.

In regards to the SCOTUS decision I am still researching it and critically thinking about the case...not the outcome. On the surface, in regards to how I feel about the corporate structure and how the law views a corporation as a 'person', I don't like it. On a deeper level, the case was not about corporations being able to donate, at least that wasn't the focus of the case. They were applying the Constitution to current law and the constitutionality of said law.

The real question is, when is someone going to take up the mantle and question the constitutionality of the corporate structure and its ability to be considered an entity that is afforded protection under the Constitution as a whole.

People it seems are up in arms about the underlying issue and blaming the Supreme Court in upholding and applying the Constitution to the law, when it is the law itself that needs to be looked at. As seen in Justice Kennedy's (I think) dissention.

Hi OBE,

Fair enough, let me know when you draw your conclusions. I know I personally come out on the winning side of this bet financially, but I don't think it's a good thing for any of us in the long or short run. Money is not everything.

Cheers,
Ziggy

top topics

join