It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The illuminati... are they just old liberals?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Anyone know about the illuminati order? If this is a hoax-- please mods move it to the correct forum. Regardless if this is true or not... it would be revealing information if it is true. The philosophy that the illuminati order maintains that it has is of the old liberal philosophy. Take a look from the illuminati order's website.

The Illuminati Order (IO) has evolved into a global network that promotes a general knowledge and acceptance of the concept of individual rights and the proper role of government as protector of these rights.

We work together to spread the seeds of freedom far and wide. John Adams said, "Liberty can not be preserved without a general knowledge among the people ... Let us dare to read, think, speak and write." We could not agree more! It is one of our goals to establish a local influence in as many countries as possible.

To learn what we mean by the concept of individual rights, read "Man's Rights"; to learn what we mean by the proper role of government, read "The Nature Of Government." Both essays are by Ayn Rand and can be found in either The Virtue Of Selfishness (VOS) or Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal (CUI), though we strongly recommend VOS for its other valuable essays dealing specifically with rights. These books are usually kept in stock at most major bookstores, or easily ordered through them or online.

illuminati-order.com...

That would coincide with my previous beliefs that these groups aren't necessarily evil. There are evil elements within them but they were populated at first by mostly philosophers. So that's what their philosophy is-- while within the groups differing people may have differing ideology.

Anyone here know about this?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Don't pull this labeling crap on this site. Not anymore, not anymore.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

I'm merely using a philosophical label-- that of the classical liberalism to describe the ideals. These ideals seem to be more open to free market ideals, and, individual freedom. That's why I did the labeling. I know some of you guys are objected to labeling on any grounds-- but-- I wasn't labeling to be lazy, I know what the philosophy is... I was just saying that that's the kind of philosophy that this group (from a moments glance seems to believe in). What I am saying is that-- perhaps this group isn't an evil... maybe it once was like the Freemasons, but, it seems to have an altruistic purpose in mind. Unlike other organizations, which seek to control natural resources like the bilderburg group.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I can't speak for the website you mentioned, but I can say this from life experience:

Illuminati is as Illuminati does.

Some of what you speculate is true - not all Illuminatus fit into the role of the Evil-Out-For-Him/Herself ideology....though there is more than ample propaganda on the internet attemping to sway people to view Illuminati purely in that vein.

Being one of the "enlightened ones" means little more than truely knowing thyself, ones role in community/society and the Grand Scheme of Things, and working towards a communal, unspoken ideal.

If you have a talent, something original and unique to offer the world - if you look at things in ways others normally wouldn't, if you strive for something better where all people can enjoy this life we've been given and inspire others to do the same - you are Illuminatus.

You can sit alone at home and be Illuminated.

You can sit in a cafe and be Enlightened.

It's more how you live life than anything.

With deeper purpose, with greater meaning.

There are many who will try and sway others to the belief that they are pawns in some Overlords Game, that they are merely subject to the whims of another Man/Womans Designs...but this is not the Truth.

We are free to see a new perspective, as we design it ourselves.

Illuminati are the Architects of Dreams.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

join