It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone experimented with blacked out mirrors?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I remember watching a tv program years back about blacked out mirrors, and a person made a room just for one. I cannot remember what it is called, it was a very dark room, and you have a blacked out mirror, and you would go in there and just stare into the mirror.

Anyone know of this, and done this?

Also anyone know what the thing is called, as i would like to look it up.

Any experience with a blacked out mirror?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I read in a book once that its supposed to be some kind of tool for divination.

However, the book was fiction, so don't put to much stock into that.

Have you googled it?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Actually Ceremonial and Goetic Magicians commonly use a "Triangle of the Art" that contains either a blacked out mirror or a mirror made of obsidian for skrying. The practice had been around since at least the early Middle Ages.

I personally use Silicon Wafers for my skrying. They are silvered black and still reflective, but somehow more fitting to our times.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Yep the program was about that. I was wondering if anyone looked into this subject. I know normal mirrors can be used, but i was wondering about that blacked out mirror, i remember from that tv show.

I cannot remember the name for using a blacked out mirror though, the use had a name.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It's called a scrying mirror. It's just another tool to practice divination with, much like candle scrying or crystal ball gazing.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Have you heard of the blacked out room, with the blacked out mirror type thing?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
For one particular form of the Triangle of the Art you can refer to the Triangle of Solomon found in the Lemegeton Salomonis or Lesser Key of Solomon, although even Agrippa mentions it's use and construction in his De occulta philosophia libri tres or Three Books Concerning Occult Philosophy.

Dr. John Dee was the first one that I know of that used a mirror of obsidian for skrying (although Sir Edward Kelley was the one doing the skrying), as opposed to a blackened mirror.

In some cases it is placed upon a Wax Seal engraved with the Magickal Sigil of the entity that you are wishing to contact or evoke to visible appearance.

In using a Magickal Mirror for skrying, one would want either darkness or limited light (and lots of suffumigations from incense and charcoal burned in a censer). As the object is to gaze into the Astral, rather than to see one's own reflection, light is obviously not appropriate for it's intended use.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Sorcerers ( the real ones)
such as in Carlos Castanedas writings,
also use blacked out mirrors for reasons many of us can only speculate on. lol

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It is called a Psychomanteum.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Here is some additional information on it.

montalk.net...

I would love an update to your experimentation.

Hope this helps!

new topics

top topics

join