It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regardless of warnings, the future doesnt scare me at all

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Greetings ATS, after a short break from this site I am back to review what scares us the most. After numerous threads here on ATS I have discovered that all that we see or hear or learn from everyday interaction is used to give us fear. Here are some (but not all) of the examples that we worry or have worried about within this past decade or so.

Swine flu- Most still wonder what it really does but there still doesnt seem to be any solution to the problem.

GMO foods- The days of naturally grown foods is diminishing at an alarming rate and its all caused by fat profits with thecorporations taking advantage of obese people.

2012- I can't believe people still think the world will end on this date, eventhough there have been numerous warnings in the past about the world ending on specific dates but yet we are still breathing.

NWO- There are several clues as to who is in the NWO, however with all the distractions above we may never find out who they really are.

Iraq & Afghanistan- I have been to this side of the world long enough to know that we are not here to free the people or help rebuild it, but to drain them of their natural resources and become a carnival for the MSM.

Climate change- If the the north and south pole ice caps ever melted completely, would we really be living long enough to fix the situation or would we all die from flooding and other natural disasters?

Nuclear fallout- This world wasn't meant to have such powerful weapons unleashed on it without numerous changes to the environment and the death of millions, this one might be on the top list to fear.

Religion- This may sound ignorant but if your scared, go to church!

Iran invasion- Most likely will happen around the time we pull out of either Iraq or Afghanistan or both. The Elitetist got to make a living somehow.

Revolution- Only TPTB and corrupt governments fear this, but yet we cant seem to ever wake up fast enough to make a difference.

Unemployment- Its sad that most americans have lost the american dream to the rich and powerful. I will most likely end up like this once my contract is over.

there are many more events that we fear and because we fear them we let them control us and keep us in check. When we learn how to deal with these fears then and only then can humanity move forward to a new golden age. So I ask the people of ATS to never be afraid but to be aware and to learn from history what has transpired. I know life as a civilian will be hard for me, but after 7 years of being seperated from the civilain world, its time to use what I have learned and make changes come true.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
If anyone agrees or disagrees then speak now so we can get to the issue.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I assume from your statement about civilian life that you were in the armed forces. Welcome back to the 'everyday' world, and thanks for your service.

If I understand your thread correctly, you are stating that most of the news we recieve is designed to scare us? Hence the stories that we personally can do little about....swine flu, war, 2012, etc.

I agree with you to a certain extent. These news stories are distressing, and I often feel helpless and frightened after too much exposure to such a story. Which is why I rarely watch the news anymore. I've discovered ignorance really is bliss!

Another way I deal with the fear inspired by our current world situations is to smile and make a point of laughing every day. There was a wonderful thread on here last week about the "secret of life" and how smiling changes your entire emotional outlook. It's true.....and I have the smilies to prove it (really.)

Thanks for an interesting thread. Best wishes for you in the upcoming year, and I hope your transition to civilian life goes smoothly!

Keep smiling,

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Thanks for the reply smylee. you have a very nice smile indeed

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
On the thread above I forgot to mention organ harvesting but there are others things that i havent said yet.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
So no one else agrees or disagrees? must be a slow day for ATS except for the organ harvest issue.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Seems you touched on nearly every issue except one of the most important.

Whether or not you believe there is an E.T. presence on earth.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I don't fear all that stuff, I had to fight the war of a "diseased" family, although my life was not on the line, it was very hard to see life turn to death... the hardest believe it or not was taking care of so many bodily fluids and messed up diapers.

Father with brain cancer, grandmother Alzheimer's and a mother who fell two stories and broke herself up doing so. All at the same time my whole family became helpless, I had to man up, all the stuff you mentioned seems like a cakewalk, BS pie in the sky.

I am sure your constant peril has hardened you greatly - the "could of" just losses its urgency I suspect.

How are you doing?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

There was more that I wanted to include but I mostly noted the most fear based events that have some type of confirmation, not that ET encounters arent scary but maybe I can included that on another thread.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

$tar for you. I am sorry that your family is plagued with problems and I pray them a speedy recovery. I guess there are other fears to worry about besides what happens to just one person.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
reply to post by Janky Red

$tar for you. I am sorry that your family is plagued with problems and I pray them a speedy recovery. I guess there are other fears to worry about besides what happens to just one person.

Well the plague has lifted for now... It has changed me and desensitized me, therefore
I do not fear what could be. I pray for you and for all of us, we will find our ways.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
Greetings ATS, after a short break from this site I am back to review what scares us the most. After numerous threads here on ATS I have discovered that all that we see or hear or learn from everyday interaction is used to give us fear. Here are some (but not all) of the examples that we worry or have worried about within this past decade or so.

Swine flu- Most still wonder what it really does but there still doesnt seem to be any solution to the problem.

GMO foods- The days of naturally grown foods is diminishing at an alarming rate and its all caused by fat profits with thecorporations taking advantage of obese people.

2012- I can't believe people still think the world will end on this date, eventhough there have been numerous warnings in the past about the world ending on specific dates but yet we are still breathing.

NWO- There are several clues as to who is in the NWO, however with all the distractions above we may never find out who they really are.

Iraq & Afghanistan- I have been to this side of the world long enough to know that we are not here to free the people or help rebuild it, but to drain them of their natural resources and become a carnival for the MSM.

Climate change- If the the north and south pole ice caps ever melted completely, would we really be living long enough to fix the situation or would we all die from flooding and other natural disasters?

Nuclear fallout- This world wasn't meant to have such powerful weapons unleashed on it without numerous changes to the environment and the death of millions, this one might be on the top list to fear.

Religion- This may sound ignorant but if your scared, go to church!

Iran invasion- Most likely will happen around the time we pull out of either Iraq or Afghanistan or both. The Elitetist got to make a living somehow.

Revolution- Only TPTB and corrupt governments fear this, but yet we cant seem to ever wake up fast enough to make a difference.

Unemployment- Its sad that most americans have lost the american dream to the rich and powerful. I will most likely end up like this once my contract is over.

there are many more events that we fear and because we fear them we let them control us and keep us in check. When we learn how to deal with these fears then and only then can humanity move forward to a new golden age. So I ask the people of ATS to never be afraid but to be aware and to learn from history what has transpired. I know life as a civilian will be hard for me, but after 7 years of being seperated from the civilain world, its time to use what I have learned and make changes come true.

Regardless of your post (which I mostly agree with)
I just don't see a point of being afraid anyway. Whatever happens happens why get your panties all up in a bunch about it you know?
I like to enjoy the ride =)

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by '___'omino

This is very true. I lost my fear long ago in my first deployment to Iraq simply because life changes so quick when you realize no one will live long so we make the best of it. $tar for you.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

S & F to you.

Fear kills enjoyment of life. Fear kills living in the moment.

Sure, there are a lot of scary things in this world, and outside this world, but as we are here right now, we may as well try and live our lives to the fullest extent possible.

Thanks for your thread.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

Youre quite welcome. Whenever I fear something, I try to study about why is it scary and what can be done about it then just run from it. In the end we can overcome any fear as long as we find out its true weakness.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I'm afraid.

I'm afraid that nothing will happen and my son in 50 years i still struggling to buy what commercials are telling him to buy. I'm afraid nature still didn't strike back, with disasters, virusses etc. I'm afraid we still can vote on the same people. Im afraid the mass is still watching american idol part 50. I'm afriad ET's are just like humans, stabbing you in your back. Im afraid I have to pay more for nonsense. I'm afraid we still have war just to gain profit.

edit thick finger spelling

[edit on 31-12-2009 by Dumbass]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

Its sad that fear will still be around years after we are deceased, its a hard emotion to control when the world has so many unknown boundaries. $tar for you

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
No, not much makes me fear.

The worst fear I ever experienced was being shot at and not seeing the shooter.

To me real fear is when your hear the blood rushing through your head, you wet your pants and the adrenaline rushing through your body takes you to an awareness I don't care to feel again.

If there were anything I really feared I would not tell anyone. I don't trust anyone and never want my fears, if I had any, used against me.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Its true, some people will use your own fear against you like the swine flu epidemic. They want you to take the vaccine because you fear that you will die if you dont take it but at the same time the vaccine itself is very controversal.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Good topic.
My take is that a lot of the fears you see on conspiracy sites would be a 'luxury' to many. Namely to those whose life is taken up with a day to day struggle to survive - ie illness, poverty etc.
I am not saying these fears are all groundless. But if we focused instead on helping others and making the world a better place, we would feel a lot more positive - and maybe the world WOULD become better.
That's my New Years Resolution anyway. To spend more time thinking about others.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join