It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bankers Get $4 TRILLION Gift From Barney Frank!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This article is from someone that actually sat down and read the entire bill H.R. 4173 well enough to find typos in it.

Here are some of the nuggets I gleaned from days spent reading Frank’s handiwork:

-- For all its heft, the bill doesn’t once mention the words “too-big-to-fail,” the main issue confronting the financial system. Admitting you have a problem, as any 12- stepper knows, is the crucial first step toward recovery.

-- Instead, it supports the biggest banks. It authorizes Federal Reserve banks to provide as much as $4 trillion in emergency funding the next time Wall Street crashes. So much for “no-more-bailouts” talk. That is more than twice what the Fed pumped into markets this time around. The size of the fund makes the bribes in the Senate’s health-care bill look minuscule.

-- Oh, hold on, the Federal Reserve and Treasury Secretary can’t authorize these funds unless “there is at least a 99 percent likelihood that all funds and interest will be paid back.” Too bad the same models used to foresee the housing meltdown probably will be used to predict this likelihood as well. www.bloomberg.com...

And so it goes...good 'ol Queen Barney hasn't learned anything or just doesn't give a rats ass.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I wish that is how our insurance companies worked!

Do not have to pay a single penny until we actual use it...

To bad they are just a step below the bankers and a stairway above us.

To big to fail is certainly the truth, and a disgust for the 99% of all other business owners around the world.

The truth though is that (as we all know) banks are practically like a branch of the government. They control the flow of the economy.

Life isn't fair. Someone will always have to be the leader in the "free world", and they will reap the most benefits. But as the people, we must make sure we do our best to make it as fair as possible, or else they will just take off like the joker.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Nice catch. Just how the hell can the Federal reserve guarantee up tp $4 TRILLION dollars? It doesn't have that kinda cash and they couldn't print it in $1,000 bills fast enough to matter.
This is yet another bill that CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO PASS. Apparently the corpse of the American public is still kicking a bit so it must be drained of any remaining sustenance. BUST THE BANKS!
I'm plum sick O' dis! This is old fashioned robbery, plain and simple. Everyone just totally disregard anything the Federal gov't says you should do, they're lucky they're not hanging from lampposts in DC.

S&F for you.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Anyone interested in understanding the banking system should visit the Spritual Economics Now site and read Mary's free book about it.

I just finished reading it, about 100 pages long and it was a total eye opener. I went further to research some her assertions and to my absolute suprise, she was 100% accurate! As a result, I have become less concerned about this nonsense as it is all corporate business that has nothing to do with ME!

I am in the process of UNincorporating myself and unplugging from the commerce system as it is currently set up. I suggest that those of you who ae upset by what the banks and politicians are doing, read the book!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Full text of bill here.

www.opencongress.org...

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Is this about the lady that clobbered every financial institution etc...?

I think I read it.If it has anything to do with all that strawman stuff it is bunk. The jails are full of "freemen on the land."

The link just opened I was right it was her.
*sigh... don't fall for it man, no one has been able to claim their strawman yet.

new topics

top topics

join